XCOM The Boardgame, Sunless Sea, Darkest Dungeon, Heroes of The Storm, Offworld Trading Company, Diablo III Season 2 Update, Special Guests David Heron and Michael Zenke, Games As Service, Your Emails and more! This week David Heron and Michael Zenke join Sean and Allen talk about games as service.
Way back in the mists of pre-history, when you got a game, you got your box, with a floppy or disk and maybe a manual or a feelie. Whatever was in that box was what you got, at least until the sequel (or your buddy with some hex-editing skills) came along.

February 23 – March 1

I have incredibly fond memories of Homeworld. I don't think any game before or since has described a vast emptiness and loneliness of space in quite the same way. Aside from simply being an excellent RTS, Homeworld had a personality and aesthetic to it that only served to enhance and strangely personalize the gameplay.
Sponsored by: Cobble Time played: 70 minutes Clooney Review Ever since the movie Heat came out, video game developers have been trying to make it into a video game.
I’ve never watched the 5th season of Babylon 5. I’m told that this was a wise decision.
Sunless Sea, Dying Light, Evolve, Darkest Dungeon, Deathtrap, Subverting Game Design With Shawn Elliott, Your Emails and more! This week Shawn, Julian and Elysium are joined by Shawn Elliott to talk about subverting game design!
Idly reading through my feed while a script was running last week, I saw a tweet from a good friend with a link and the text saying something along the lines of "here's the real letter that inspired today's Penny Arcade comic." I'm not one to leave something like that lying around, so I went and read the letter and the comments that were then appended to it.
Sponsored by: Me Time Played: 72 minutes Love 'Em and Leave 'Em review All Hell's breaking loose in Detroit Rock City, and Shannon Tweed has to protect her All-American man from all the good girls gone bad screaming "Come On And Love Me!" So saddle up in this surprisingly not-terrible Plants Vs.

Kickstopper

The news around Kickstarted games has not been particularly great of late. There was the story yesterday that Ouya was backing down from its promise to create a limited run of blue consoles for people who backed the Reading Rainbow project at a certain level.
Offworld Trading Company, Darkest Dungeon, Dying Light, Battlefield Hardline, Idarb, Special Guest Soren Johnson, Designing Non-Violent Games, Your Emails and more! This week the GWJ crew are joined by Soren Johnson to talk Offworld Trading Company and more!

Pages