August 21 – August 27

Remember when I predicted that the deluge of indie games would slow down when Madden came out? Me neither. This week I’m deep in the thrall of unlocking characters and costumes in Agents of Mayhem, but one title did catch my eye. MagiCat is a gorgeous, 16-bit style game in the style of Super Mario World where you play as a kitten wearing a wizard’s hat.
Sponsored By: Ragin’ Redneck Also sponsored by patron benefactor FAKHER Time Rocketed: 19 hours Sparkler Review Rocket League It’s the best league in the world. HEY!

GWJ Conference Call Episode 566

Nidhogg 2, Hellblade, Love Nikki Dress Up Queen, Legends of Ellaria, Tacoma, Splatoon 2, Overwatch Summer, How Games (and we) Have Changed, Your Emails and More!

August 14 – August 20

The makers of Saints Row have sparked outrage by making a single-player, class-based shooter that is not Saints Row 5.
Spoiler alert: Greg doesn’t like a multiplayer game.

Video: Path of Exile

GWJ Conference Call Episode 565

Tacoma, Pyre, Battle Brothers, Path of Exiles, The Long Dark: Wintermute, Dehumanizing NPCs, Your Emails and More!
I share a house with a seven year old and a ten year old, which means that toilet humor is a regular staple of my comedy diet. Of course, it was a regular staple of my comedy diet before they moved in, so it's totally unfair of me to dump this on them. It would be like blaming my wife for my love of puns. She's not an enabler; she's an audience.
Imagine if Mass Effect were set in Hyrule, and there were no enemies to fight or party members to manage. Can you imagine not buying it? I bet you can't. That's good, because “not buying Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles” is something that should only exist in your imagination, if at all.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 564

Vostok Inc, Gorn, Super Hot VR, Pyre, Law Breakers, Splatoon 2, Miitopia, The State of VR, Your Emails and More!

Pages