E3 Awards, Certis Edition!

Intellivision, still better than watching UT2K4 flicker on the Phantom. I think we can all agree that IÂ'm both uncreative and lazy. That being the case, IÂ'm stealing ElysiumÂ's E3 awards article format and in a couple weeks IÂ'll talk about it like it was all my idea.

Ely Awards - Best of E3 Edition

IÂ'll assume that we all have the presence of mind to realize that every Â"˜best of E3Â' is an absolute example of subjectivity run amok.  And yet, you canÂ't come back from the show without being bombarded with questions about what looked good, what looked bad, and what surprised you.  So, I offer up these Â"˜best ofÂ' positions in the spirit of blatant f

More E3 Pics

You've asked for them, and now you've got them: more pics of our adventures in Los Angeles.  I'll have a final recap in the next day or two, but for now you'll just have to live with looking at our handsome mugs.  Also, there may be a barely interested sleepy looking babe booth or two pretending to like Sway.

Half-Life 2 Code Thief Found?

Last week the German police arrested the creator of the Sasser worm.

E3 Day 3: Impressions

Day three of E3 is upon us and the drive to catch a glimpse of the games that have eluded us thus far is in full swing. It's already 1PM here and Sway and I still haven't hit the West hall for another pass at Nintendo's display. We did get some pretty intensive looks at Microsoft's games so let's start with that!

Halo 2 - Hands On

Yeah, you read it right. If you're wondering how GWJ got behind the scenes for a closed door look at Bungie's big sequel, you can rest assured that we're just as mystified.  What can I say, sometimes you get lucky.  But lucky or not, Halo 2 was at E3, and we got to sit down and play some of its upcoming Live supported multiplayer.  Yeah, it was a high point.

Sway is at E3, Too

Elysium wonÂ't stop reminding me I Â"workÂ" for a gaming Â"websiteÂ" and I have a Â"responsibilityÂ" to my Â"readersÂ". I suppose thatÂ's his subtle way of telling me I need to post. So here I am in the media center (which IÂ've never actually seen Elysium leave) to tell you what IÂ've seen.

Images from E3 Day one

If a picture says a thousand words, then for once I don't need a big long overblown intro: Surprisingly, they let us in.

E3 Day 2 : Real Time Impressions

I'm posting this in the hopes that my fellow gamers who have separated from and abandoned me will add their occasional thoughts below.  I know it's crazy, but maybe Certis can even plug his camera into one of the plethora of provided media PCs and show you what it's been like here.  However, if he posts the pic of me watching World of Warcraft I want to assure you I'm not

E3: Day Zero / Day One

The Day Before E3: From inspiration, to procrastination, to implementation, to anticipation, to action; an unusual path for me in acting on any project. I never have trouble boarding the train at the station, but inevitably I ask for an early exit long before reaching any ultimate or useful destination.

Pages