Holiday Cheer

Hello. My name is Fletcher1138. You may recognize me from such posts as Asshats and H2, Apoplexy of the Week: H2 Ending, and Halo 2 Vs. My Soul.

Dec 6th - 12th

Before we get down to business here I want to thank everyone for offering to help out on the front page. The amount of responses and quality of the submissions mean that weÂ'll probably be a couple days figuring out who will fit best on the front page before we have an answer for you.

A Call for Writers

For a multitude of reasons the front page has been a little light on the content lately. WeÂ're hoping that will settle out come January but IÂ'd rather bring one or two new people on board and get moving sooner than later. Typically when we want new writers I put on a cape and stalk the prospective new employees until they fold under the pressure of my intense, creepy gaze.

Mr.Green

Before you read this profile, I think it's important to point out that Mr.Green is from Quebec. That's like a beret away from being completely French. Don't hold that against him though, there are plenty of non-language related reasons to hate Mr.Green. Oh, I'm just kidding!

Nov 29th - Dec 5th

IÂ'm going to level with you people, itÂ's my birthday today and working during this momentous occasion is considered illegal in five provinces and thirteen US states. That being the case IÂ'm going to tell you that Prince of Persia 2 is getting good reviews, itÂ's coming out on all platforms at once (PC included) and itÂ's our Game of the Week.

Ain't No 'Me' In Team.

When I bought Halo 2 (H2), I wasn't interested in how well it played. I was interested in how well its multiplayer aspect worked. GWJ forum members had suggested it was excellent from a usability point of view. They were right. H2 is the easiest game to play online that I've found. When playing the single-player campaign, one can receive H2 LIVE game invitations.

Joint Operations Escalation (Review by Reaper)

Â"I wanted a mission. And for my sins, they gave me one.Â" -Apocalypse Now I will preface this review with one simple statement; I like Joint Operations in the same way a fat kid likes cake. That is, I like Joint Operations a lot. Keep that in mind. LetÂ's get the obvious out of the way first; Escalation is nothing more or less than an expansion pack to Joint Operations.

Nov 22nd to 28th

You might think with all the great games coming out this month that choosing a Game of the Week would be tough. Lucky for me, itÂ's made easy thanks to the crushing amount of conformity found in our forums. World of Warcraft may not cure cancer but appears to be bringing families together in a way Hands Across America and The Cosby Show never could.

Halo 2 Spoiler Review

I hate to term this article a review, and tend to think of it more as a discussion.  ThereÂ're no shortage of thoughts available on the quality of Halo 2, and though they range across the spectrum I think we can all, by and large, agree that the bulk of the response has been positive.  There are those that will claim it is praise born of hype, others who will stand solidly convin

Delirious View of Half-Life 2

I'm going to make this quick because it feels like my head is stuffed with pillows. After a prompt 2:00 AM unlocking of Half-Life 2 I've managed to put in just over an hour of play before my mind started to have difficulty processing the concept of physics based puzzles that are actually fun.

Pages