So, you say your man is addicted to games.

What Would You Do For a Klondike Bar?

and by "Klondike Bar," I mean: Getting Your SO to Leave You the Hell Alone So You Can Experience Some Freaking Total Immersion in Peace Immersion: (n) complete attention; intense mental effort. Total: (adj) involving a complete and unified effort especially to achieve a desired effect. The first time I experienced anything close to total immersion in a video game was 1994.

Sanjuro

I was trying to dig up a few missing Employee Profiles (in fact, re-send your answers if I haven't posted yours yet!) and stumbled upon Sanjuro's which was sent in this past September. Why was it never posted? Was I harboring some secret resentment over his good looks and winning personailty? We'll never know for sure. He even plays the guitar and sings for god's sake!

January 3rd - 9th

Welcome to the year 2005 and the opening week that never was. The only game worth mentioning is Hearts of Iron 2 ($34.99) for the PC. This complex strategy game might be just what the doctor ordered if you feel saturated with mindless Christmas console releases.

Better Sex, and Why You Won't Be Having It

Mech Assault 2 First Impressions

Sanjuro was kind enough to send us some early impressions of Day 1's just released Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf for the Xbox. He gives us a look at both the single and multiplayer modes which will hopefully help you make a purchase decision.

Some Token Content

You may have noticed that for the past week or so the front page has been a bit ... static. This is not because of some massive coup within GWJ headquarters where Fletcher and his Brady-Bots have risen in violent, albeit naked, revolt. It is, as you probably have already suspected, because it's the holidays and dammit we're just going to put our feet up and relax for a couple of days.

Naked Wayne Brady

A while back, in the intro to my first article, I casually dropped the name Wayne Brady, attached to a sentence about seeing him naked. This was no accident. It was a calculated attempt to impress the living bejeebus out of you all, and render you powerless against the onslaught of my amazing awesomeness.

To Win At War, One Must Wage War

By Erik Sean Sands So, Electronic Arts stands as the undeniable topic of commentary in the gaming industry as 2004 wanes to a close. The recent moves of the publishing giant have stormed the company into an extraordinarily dominant position for the coming year.

Dec 20th - 26th

Happy holidays everyone! We're on the home stretch towards Christmas and if you haven't finished *insert shopping cliché here* Ha! Ha! Yes. The only game showing to ship this week is NFL Street for all three consoles, not that we should buy EA's stupid game for jerks.

Pages