June 20th to 26th

It feels like it's been a long time since we've had a PC game to crow about. Of all places it has to come from Electronic Arts, a company some have boycotted thanks to their big business moves. Really, if you want to stick it to them and not miss out on the fun I suggest you buy the game used.

Signs of Strength and Frailty

During our senior year of high school, GWJ member DrunkenSleipnir and I took it upon ourselves to determine just how long we could remain awake. We set our respective alarms for 6:00 AM on Wednesday morning, and when we awoke we held a chat over ICQ prior to departing for school.
When I'm feeling ill like I have the past few days I usually turn to renting PS2 games to take my mind off things. As a platform, the PS2 is teeming with games I'm interested in but not enough to buy. This time I've found myself playing Samurai Western and Shadow of Rome, both PS2 exclusive 3rd person action games that probably haven't gotten much notice from gamers.

June 13th to 19th

Your faithful Certis is ill and tired; I am only the latter. In his hour of need, Certis called upon Lobo and said unto him, "Get in that room and don't come out until The Week Ahead is all done and stuff." I told Certis he could depend on me like a crutch.

You Are Not Who You Think You Are

I fall in love at the drop of a hat. I haven’t lived long enough yet to recognize this as a failing, as some do. I like to think it’s a charming quirk at worst. I don’t remember how I first stumbled across the Supreme Ruler 2010 website, but when I did, I fell immediately head-over-heels for the game.

Equal Parts Whimsy And Folly

I maintain a list of tentative article ideas in a notepad file on my desktop. When Tuesday evening rolls around, I am obligated -- apparently under penalty of death -- to choose a topic from this list and expound upon it for anywhere from ~1000 to ~2000 words.

Deep Flak: Xbox 360

In my ever-increasing efforts to dredge up new and interesting gaming news for you, my dear GWJ readers, I've stumbled upon what I think may be the journalistic coup of the week: I scored an interview with a Microsoft insider about the Xbox360. I can't tell you how I met the man I have taken to calling Deep Flak, nor can I reveal his true name.

June 6th to 12th

I was in Blockbuster the other day looking to rent Psychonaughts. Normally I'd just buy it but I'm on a "budget" and apparently that means I'm not supposed to spend money whenever I want. Unfortunately, Blockbuster didn't have the game so I was left chumming up and down the aisles trying to find something I might have missed over the past few months.

Without a Net

After a long and exhausting May, I'm pretty much to the point where I just can't talk about another video game for a little while. Even if you dropped a surprise copy of Halo 3 right in my lap, I'd consider it with a quizzical glance at best, and probably not be able to drum up more cogent thoughts than that the DVD was mostly opaque.
The last word of this introductory paragraph will prove very naughty. For some of you, it will conjure up images of your most despised English professors; for others, it will neatly summarize everything that went wrong in twentieth-century thought.

Pages