October 3 – October 9

I was all set to pick Paper Mario: Color Splash this week. I’ve even pre-ordered the game. It will be in my living room this Friday. My kids may have finished it before I even get home from work. Then I saw Aragami, which is, contrary to it’s name, not a paper-folding simulation for pirates, but a stealth action game where you play an undead assassin with the power to control shadows.
The floor is lava, and the platforms are careening along at sixty miles per hour! My inner eight-year-old can't get enough.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 520

Virginia, Clustertruck, Vanishing Realms Update (VR), Destiny: Rise of Iron, Spaceport Janitor, Extreme Forklift 2, Human Fall Flat, What Is The Secret Sauce of Successful Indie Games?, Your Emails and More!
Yo-kai Watch 2

September 26 – October 2

Chris asked me to write about my pick for the upcoming week, but I've been a bit under the weather. I've been tired, coughing a lot, not really feeling like playing my 3DS games … . Wait. Could this be the work of a yo-kai? I might need to break out my Yo-kai Watch and fight the mischievous spirits who make life difficult. Good thing Yo-kai Watch 2 is coming soon.
More like Endless Tutorial, amirite?

GWJ Conference Call Episode 519

XCOM 2, WoW: Legion, Can You Go Back Again? Special Guest Ken Levine, Your Emails and More!
The Unmarked

The Unmarked – Chapter 13

Welcome to The Unmarked, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Rob Daviau as he takes Sean Sands, Shawn Andrich, Karla Andrich, Cory Banks and Julian Murdoch into the small town of Coffeyville, Kansas. This week ... time travel! Oh boy.
SMT4:Apocalypse

September 19 – September 25

Next year marks the 25th anniversary of the Shin Megami Tensei series, and it says a lot about the pace at which these games release that getting a new one just three years after Shin Megami Tensei IV feels sudden. There was a nine-year gap between Shin Megami Tensei II and Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturn. There were ten years between Nocturne and Shin Megami Tensei IV.
Please allow me to introduce myself, I’m a man of wealth and taste. I’ve been around for long, long years, Shot many a man in the face. I was around when Ultor came To lay Steelport to waste. Made damn sure the Boss had An attack chopper to seal their fate. Pleased to meet you, won’t you guess my name?

GWJ Conference Call Episode 518

Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander, WoW: Legion, Rocket League Rumble, PAX West, The Donation Drive Launches, Your Emails and More!

Pages