Gamers With Jobs Radio Episode Fourteen

Episode Fourteen - January 10th, 2006 CES, Half-Life 2, King Kong, From Russia with Love and more!

January 9th to 15th

This week will finally bring a few new games to market although you'd be hard pressed to call any of them blockbusters. The Mega Man X Collection on the PS2 looks like it might be a nice all-in-one and Samurai Showdown V on the Xbox is the latest release of one of my favorite arcade fighting games of all time.

Dragon Quest VIII

"Dost thou love me?... But thou must!" -- Princess Gwaelin, from Dragon Warrior 1

Behind The Curtain

With 2006 freshly upon us, I thought now would be a good time to offer some bold predictions for the New Year! And I swear upon this jar of homemade strawberry jam, that if any of my predictions are wrong I will shave off my bea "… I'm sorry, what? "… Who did?! "… Certis? No! He never writes articles! "… A duck? Well, what the hell am I supposed to talk about?

Samorost 2

I must endure the presence of two or three caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.--the Flower, from Antoine De St. Exupery's The Little Prince

Bold Predictions: 2K6!

While other sites are welcome to prance around with their fancy "Best of 2005" game awards and retrospectives, I prefer to spend time making unsubstantiated predictions about the upcoming year in gaming.

January 2nd to 8th

After a surprisingly relaxing holiday, we're back! 2006 is going to be an interesting year for the industry as game sales continue to dip as a whole and the other big players release their next-gen consoles.
"It wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty killed the beast." - Jack Denham.

Pine

For the past six years I've been unable to instantly recall my age. It often takes a few seconds. Sometimes I even have to look at my driver's license and do the math. Last year, as the calendar was almost used up, I discovered that my birthday was upon me yet again, and after doing the math, I realized that it was the thirtieth time.

Games As Art: In Memory of Dolores Haze

This month, what I consider the greatest literary work of the 20th century celebrates its fiftieth anniversary. It's the best writing I have ever and will ever read; the prose is crushing, effortless: a creature of power and beauty and horror. I was lost from the first simple, chilling words:

Pages