Or so they think.

Word

I'm beginning to reverse my position on patching console games. Up until recently, I've been adamantly opposed to consoles being allowed to patch their software. I've worried about the slippery slope between gameplay updates and releasing software that is just plain unfinished. Well, this week's bout with Viewtiful Joe has nearly changed my mind about the whole issue.

Viewtiful Joe

CUT! CUT! CUT!YouÂ're sitting in the theater with your best girl and watching a special re-release of the classic Star Wars trilogy when suddenly a giant Darth Vader reaches out of the movie screen and snatches your date away as she screams for rescue.
Instead of praising myself for coming up with such a clever headline I'll direct the spotlight onto 21-6 Productions. The most known title from the young indie developer is Orbz and it's quite a challenge to categorize the game with a few words. Let's just say it incorporates golf elements but it's not golf and multiplayer happens to be the focus.
Recent stories hinted at a rather weak launch of Nokia's cell phone/gaming handheld combo in the UK and in the US. Ilkka Raiskinen, "senior vice president entertainment and media" at Nokia, however, states that the company shipped 400,000 units so far according to this Reuters story.The number refers to models Nokia has sold to shops and other retail outlets, but Raiskinen said sale

Max Payne 2

Love Kills....I could spend all day dancing around the point, hemming and hawing over the Havoc rag doll physics married to Max Payne 2Â's revamped engine, prattle on endlessly about stylistic presentation, and speak volumes about the ever pleasurable experience of diving down staircases in bullet-time while levying a healthy stream of projectile death into some anonymous bad guy whoÂ'

Oct 20th - 26th

Certis is out helping clients or beating up orphans or something, so I am here to help him out by doing the Week Ahead.  It seems to be a pretty hoppin week this week, with the new Castlevania, the new Rogue Squadron, the new Warlords game and the XBox premiere of Rare.  You remember Rare right?  They did, umm, you know, the game with guns several decades ago.  But it was on the N64!  This week th
It seems that the GTA-fication of franchises goes on. Leisure Suit Larry is probably going to be the next candidate, following the sequel to Jak & Dexter. I noticed at Adventure-Treff that the December issue of CGM apparently will unveil the next game starring Larry Laffer.
Pirates! meets The Patrician. That's the most efficent way to describe Port Royale. The English version of the game 'shipped' a few months ago. About one year after the game's original release in Germany. There hasn't been an official (English) announcement of it yet, but a sequel to the business/trading sim is already in the development at Ascaron.

No Leather Couches

Now before you get all up in my grill about what a freak I am, I just want to say that this is not a drawing of me. While some of my comics are autobiographical in nature, this one is completely inaccurate. I have a Gamecube, not an Xbox.

Pages