Sept 20th - 26th (HUGE!)

Find your gamer buddy, do not enter your local game shop this week without someone to keep you honest, give them a bat if you have to. The release list is staggering this week, itÂ's so big it took me two quarters of football to type it all out. ThereÂ's something for everyone here but thereÂ's only one game for me. Rome: Total War ships on the 23rd for $49.99 on the PC.

I'm Like, Drivin'.

I don't have much to say about that game where you race and smash things up that hasn't already been said. It's great fun to finally be able to take those turns wide, crushing another racer into a concrete abutment, and not having to apologize.

JohnnyMojo

Mr. Mojo Risin' Terror of the NFL 2K5 league, leader of Team Republican and uhhh... wearer of blue shirts. Yes, JohnnyMojo is the first profile in our new batch of victims. What makes this man tick? Read on to find out!

But It's So Whee!

Burnout 3: Takedown (B3) rewards dangerous driving and making your opponents crash. It's an arcade game for your Xbox, a real pick up and play title: easy to learn, immediately satisfying and a hell of a lot of fun.The speed of the game is astonishing, the graphics are wonderful and the game play will have you gurning, yelling and punching the air.

Street Racing Syndicate

Trent, the beautiful babies don't work the midnight to six shift on a Wednesday. This is like the skank shift. - Swingers As a man with a girlfriend who enjoys Burnout 3, Sanjuro has a unique perspective when it comes to racing games. Especially racing games that include "winning" women like they're (sexy) cattle. How does SRS stack up? Read on and find out!

Sept 13th - 19th

Put down your pitch forks and douse your torches, The Sims 2 is the Game of the Week and youÂ're just going to have to deal with it. Thanks to positive views at E3 and very encouraging early reviews Maxis managed to edge Fable out of the top spot.

Back By Personal Demand

Due to the overwhelming number of requests I made to myself, I have brought back two beloved characters for another performance. My Game Cube (aka GCN) hasn't seen much use lately. I poured about 40 or 50 hours into Tales of Symphonia before the siren song of NFL 2K5 lured me back to my X. It's not even like I have to unhook one console to play the other, either.

Sudeki

Roxanne, you don't have to wear that dress tonight.. The above ad (taken from Femme Fatales) wraps up the Sudeki experience so well I'm tempted to just leave it at that. Unfortunately that's not going to be good enough for you people. Oh no, you've come to expect "reasons" and "explanations" before you're satisfied.

Ones and Zeroes -- A Milestone

This is a notable entry in the growing GWJ canon, particularly for those of you who, like myself, enjoy pointless milestones.  This marks both the one thousandth front page post at GWJ, and also the hundredth Maximum Verbosity/Daily Elysium.  GWJ opened its game loving arms to the world on January 15th 2003 with the triumphant Maximum Verbosity article Welcome to Gamers With Jobs.  Loo

Sept 6th - 12th

ThereÂ's been a lot of good buzz following Burnout 3: Takedown to the shelves. Published by EA after running away from the now defunct Acclaim, itÂ's looking to be an excellent jump for the series.

Pages