Day of Wrath and Doom Impending

My Notepad window is presently only half-maximized. Behind this familiar and stolid contrast of black-on-white, there swirls a turmoil of vivid yellows, reds, and purples: an animated satellite view of hurricane Katrina, as it bears down on my ancestral southeast Louisiana and the city of New Orleans itself.

Advent Rising (PC)

"Oft expectation fails, and most oft there where most it promises." - William Shakespeare, All's Well that Ends Well

Watching Mars

For truly, now, Joss Whedon is my master. He is the wind in my ears, the quiet voice in my mind, the crunchy cookie center in my Twix, and even the bam in my bam-a-lama-ding-dong. I pretend that I am a creature with free-will, but I am a puppet – totally like that episode of Angel where he turns into a puppet, but still kicks ass!

August 22nd to 29th

Welcome to the slightly delayed Week Ahead, I hope your Monday morning is humming along nicely. There have been some cool site developments over the past week that are probably worth mentioning.

Business As Usual

Let's talk about Xbox 360's pricing, shall we? It's all the rage these days. Did you see what I did just then – I used rage for its double meaning; rage as fashionable, and also rage as crazy freaking angry, the kind of angry where you might throw knives at other knives just because it seems really destructive. Also, I just wrote a sentence with a hyphen and a semicolon!

The sound of one hand eating

Your plans for the evening primarily consist of a protracted excursion into no man's land, fighting dragons, trolls, bad guys, other drivers, or just one more turn in your god game of choice. You've filled the cooler with libations, and set it within arm's reach of your digital mistress.

Code Red Revisited

I have a list. This list is titled Things I Do Not Like. On this list are a great many things. Foreign films, choking on fish bones, and going without sex, are just a few. These are entries number one hundred and three, eighty seven and two, respectively. At position number three, is driving in Boston.

August 15th to 21st

Good Monday everyone, I hope your week turns out to be a good one! I know it's usually pretty taboo for web masters to share stat information publicly these days but since you don't even get user counts anymore, I thought a little info wouldn't hurt. We currently we have 1950 users registered, ten new users over this past weekend alone.

Gamers with Appetites

Using my awesome powers of persuasion and a few carefully selected photos of "that one time at band camp", I've convinced Certis to to let me test the waters of making Anatidaephobia an arena for the Gweejer Gourmet. Because, let's face it, gamers have priorities; sex, food, gaming, family, jobs. Perhaps not in that exact order, but probably fairly close.

Pages