May 21 – May 27

Battle Royale Bootcamp drops this week and solves the main problem I have with the battle-royale phenomenon: the involvement of 99 other people, all of whom are better at battle-royale games than I am. So if you want to play a battle-royale game without this multiplayer fad crapping all over it, there’s your game of the week.
If you liked Strange Days, I’m guessing you’ll like this, as they are both story-heavy games with unlikeable teenage protagonists and minimalist gameplay. And with that particularly saucy bit of hot-takery to set the tone, let’s move on to the review!

GWJ Conference Call Episode 605

Pillars of Eternity II, Monster Prom, Enchanting Mahjong Match, Slay The Spire, Our Favorite Kind of Game Moments, Your Emails and More!

May 14 – May 20

It seems that the universe is having a bit of a laugh at my expense this week.
Note: The following review does not contain spoilers, except maybe in an alternate universe where the ending to Far Cry 5 was better than it was. So I guess this is a spoiler, of sorts. It’s a spoiler of what isn't Far Cry 5's ending.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 604

Pillars of Eternity II, BATTLETECH, God of War, Bury Me, My Love, What Makes Game Characters Relatable? Your Emails and More!
GWJ RPGs

Heroes of The Realm - Episode 15

Welcome to Heroes of The Realm, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Karla Andrich as she takes Cory Banks, Amanda Knowlton, Ariel Jaffee and Michael Zenke from the real world and back into The Realm.

May 07 – May 13

I’m not sure how Chris (or Mantid, for that matter) missed this one, but NIS America is publishing a game called Assault Spy into early access this week. It’s a stylish, character-action game where you can pick from one of two characters to fight a bunch of giant, walking smart-phones by beating them to death with your briefcase.
I’ve never been so delighted to find out a game wasn’t Metal Slug.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 603

BATTLETECH, God of War, Magi Quest, Tower of Time, Frostpunk, Nintendo Labo, Special Guest Justin McElroy, Your Emails and More!

Pages