So many interesting titles, but my pick this week is a game that I already own on a different platform. I bought Lego Worlds when it was in Early Access and was barely a game at all. Now it’s still barely a game, but it’s much more polished. This week it comes to the Nintendo Switch, and it seems like a perfect fit for the platform.
PAX West 2017 banner - You use Childish Whimsy, it's SUPER EFFECTIVE

PAX West 2017 On the Go

Isn't that just typical? You go in for an experimental brain scan and you wake up in Rapture, being chased by a walking disco ball. Oh well, at least the scan was free.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 568

Dream Daddy, Tacoma, Zelda: BotW DLC, Miracle Merchant, Mental Health and Illness in Video Games, Your Emails and More!
There are a lot of games vying for my attention this week, and my Steam wishlist has grown distressingly. However, there is only one game for me this week, and not because it has a phenomenal pun in its title. Well, not just because.

GWJ Conference Call Gencon 2017 Edition

Live From Gencon 2017!
Some GWJ folks got together and made a roguelike with stacks of charm. Now that I’ve sold you the game, let me tell you why I don’t like it… [KIDDING!]

GWJ Conference Call Episode 567

>observer_, Sonic Mania, Agents of Mayhem, Lawbreakers, Path of Exile, Subsurface Circular, A.I Pushing More Into Our Games?, Your Emails and More!
GWJ RPGs

Orbital Decay - Episode 14

Welcome to Orbital Decay, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Michael Zenke as he takes Sean Sands, Shawn Andrich, Karla Andrich and Rob Daviau into a mysterious sci-fi adventure where our heroes don't know who they are, where they are or why they've emerged from their damaged cryo pods in the first place.

August 21 – August 27

Remember when I predicted that the deluge of indie games would slow down when Madden came out? Me neither. This week I’m deep in the thrall of unlocking characters and costumes in Agents of Mayhem, but one title did catch my eye. MagiCat is a gorgeous, 16-bit style game in the style of Super Mario World where you play as a kitten wearing a wizard’s hat.

Pages