GWJ Conference Call Episode 564

Vostok Inc, Gorn, Super Hot VR, Pyre, Law Breakers, Splatoon 2, Miitopia, The State of VR, Your Emails and More!

July 31 – August 6

Amoebic I’m pretty stoked for Tacoma, friends. Exploring games and literature to delve into other people’s memories, relationships and stories is my entire jam right now. This highly-anticipated release from Fullbright, the creators of critically-acclaimed Gone Home, is no exception. Tacoma is one of those games I knew I should approach with a blackout.
I once read a critic that complained that Kevin Spacey was a leading man trapped in a character actor’s body. It struck me as being a very apt statement. Spacey has all kinds of acting chops, but he doesn't look like the sort of person who gets to be the protagonist very often.
GWJ RPGs

Orbital Decay - Episode 13

Welcome to Orbital Decay, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Michael Zenke as he takes Sean Sands, Shawn Andrich, Karla Andrich and Rob Daviau into a mysterious sci-fi adventure where our heroes don't know who they are, where they are or why they've emerged from their damaged cryo pods in the first place.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 563

Fortnite, Destiny 2 Beta, Fire Pro Wrestling World, Antihero Multiplayer, Super Hot PSVR, Kingdoms and Castles, Albion Online, The Games You Played at 18, Your Emails and More!

July 24 – July 30

Greg “DoubtingThomas396” Decker Rolling Thunder is my favorite arcade game of all time. I played it in arcades, I played it on one of those weird, bootleg NES cartridges from Tengen. I even played it on the PSP, when it appeared in Namco Museum. Namco Museum is back, and coming to the Switch with Rolling Thunder, Rolling Thunder 2 and Splatterhouse.
Time Polished: 50 Minutes Sponsored By: Zoso Powdercoat Review Now this is more like it!

GWJ Conference Call Episode 562

Tangledeep, Jump Beta (Indie Netflix), Nier: Automata, Cinders, Mini Metro, Your Emails and More!

July 17 – July 23

It’s a full week with lots and lots of games that are probably worth your time. My pick, though, goes to Fortnite. I know, I know. We’ve all probably had it up to here (note: your “here” may vary, depending upon the length of your arms and how far up to “here” you’ve had it) with the survival-builder genre.
Hell is full of clowns. It’s your job to change that. I’m not sure if that means Hell will be more or less hellish after you finish with it.

Pages