June 6 – June 12

Hey there everyone! This is Greg “Doubtingthomas” Decker, and I’m here to bring you the top five hottest games coming at you this week. We’ve got a new release from Dejobaan, a Triple A game and a couple of games that only a wacky, morning-zoo-type DeeJay like yours truly could love. And I’ll be bringing them to you – right here on WGWJ, the Gooooodge!
Have you ever opened a Christmas present and found out it was exactly what you wanted? In fact, not only was it everything you wanted but it threw in some other great stuff you didn't know you wanted until you had it sitting before you? That's Doom (2016).
DOOM, Captain Forever Remix (Full Launch!), The Long Dark, Total War: Warhammer, Overwatch, The Game Streaming Revolution (With Julian's Son), Your Emails and More!

Press B, Close Loop

It’s odd that a business book changed how I viewed games on a fundamental level. But David Allen’s, "Getting Things Done” did exactly that. I’ve been using its trips and tricks for the last two years and it’s helped me in numerous ways. But one crucial part has echoed in my thoughts on virtually every day since, and that was the part explaining how open loops clogs our brains.
The Unmarked

The Unmarked – Chapter 7

Welcome to The Unmarked, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Rob Daviau as he takes Sean Sands, Shawn Andrich, Karla Andrich, Cory Banks and Julian Murdoch into the small town of Coffeyville, Kansas. This week the Ex stabs a clown and things get complicated with the cops.

May 30 – June 5

As a professed lover of the western genre of movies, I cannot help but give a long look at Tumbleweed Express.
There are games that show you all of their cards up front, which is a gutsy move. You have to be confident that your game is good enough to hook someone if you’re going to dump a premise on someone and say “This is it, have at it.” It would be like a baker going to a national dessert competition and presenting the judges with a plain slice of unadorned pound cake.
Total War: Warhammer, DOOM, Uncharted 4 Finished, Banner Saga, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?, Your Emails and More

May 23 – May 29

Every so often there comes a time when I have to make hard decisions. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at those; it's the little, inconsequential decisions I can't handle. I can decide whether it's time to buy a new car like that (Oh, sorry. Format issues. Imagine I snapped my fingers just then).

Pages