GWJ RPGs

Orbital Decay – Episode 10

Welcome to Orbital Decay, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Michael Zenke as he takes Sean Sands, Shawn Andrich, Karla Andrich and Rob Daviau into a mysterious sci-fi adventure where our heroes don't know who they are, where they are or why they've emerged from their damaged cryo pods in the first place.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 554

Dead Cell, The Surge, Nier: Automata, What Remains of Edith Finch, Tumbleseed, The Making of Perception, Your Emails and More!

May 22 – May 28

May is, apparently, Old Property Month in the game industry. Last week we saw Reservoir Dogs and The Great Gatsby get videogame transitions, and this week we get Friday the 13th and Vanquish. Well, I’m nothing if not a bandwagon jumper (or, for Felix’s benefit: a bandwagon pinafore dress).
This is the perfect game for anyone who can successfully tar a directory on the first try without Google. Your enjoyment of the game will be directly proportional to how close you are to being that person.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 553

Prey, The Gaming Afterglow, Your Emails and More!

May 16 – May 21

Have you ever noticed that nobody in a work of fiction who has the name Decker (or its attendant homonyms) is a good person? They're always vicious military men hunting the A-Team, or cackling mad scientists trying to destroy or enslave humanity (or both, for preference; Deckers tend to be on the ambitious side). [Or systematically murdering Replicants.
GWJ RPGs

Orbital Decay – Episode 9

Welcome to Orbital Decay, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Michael Zenke as he takes Sean Sands, Shawn Andrich, Karla Andrich and Rob Daviau into a mysterious sci-fi adventure where our heroes don't know who they are, where they are or why they've emerged from their damaged cryo pods in the first place.
Have you ever wanted to pilot one of those cumbersome, bloated, sluggish, and incredibly powerful boss robots that gave you so much trouble when you were playing Sonic the Hedgehog? Then buddy, have I got the game for you!

GWJ Conference Call Episode 552

Prey, Expeditions Vikings, Nintendo Switch Thoughts, Horizon Zero Dawn, Special Guest Jeff Green, The Line Between Homage and Retread, Your Emails and More!

May 8 – May 15

The release of Human; Fall Flat on the PS4 and Xbox 1 should have your attention. I’ve already played the PC version, and it’s well worth your time. It’s a little like I Am Bread mixed with Gang Beasts, in that it has deliberately awkward controls and emergent physical humor, both of which make the game vaguely, if not explicitly, inappropriate for kids.

Pages