It’s been a long time, getting from there to here. It’s been a long time, but my time is finally here.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 557

8bitdo, Everspace, Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire, The Ideal Opponents, Your Emails and More!
What Remains of Edith Finch Spoiler Section
We all have many reasons to play games. Sometimes we play to engage with a new world, a new story, or a new set of mechanics. Sometimes we play games as part of hanging out with and investing in friends and family. Other times, we play to disengage.

June 12 – June 18

In spite of E3, there’s lots to choose from this week, especially if you like choose-your-own-text-adventures. Also, the last gasp of the PS3 and Xbox360 gets a Cars 3 licensed game, along with every other console in existence – possibly even the Amiga.
What do you do when you hate the lack of player agency in games but don’t want to try to fix the problem? You make a puzzle game that points out that there is no player agency in games.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 556

Tokyo 42, Everspace, Diablo III Necromancer Beta, Endless Space 2, Graceful Explosion Machine, Final Fantasy X, Friday the 13th, E3 Predictions, Your Emails and More!
Red Dead Redemption Lost

Redemption Lost

2010 I’m procrastinating. I should go back to work, but I take a quick peek in my bookmarked folder of nerdage sites. Surely organizing that is a productive use of my time! I delete the link for 8-bit Theater, as that webcomic is apparently, for reals, done-done.

June 5 – June 11

Cave Johnson here. I want to talk to you investors about Subject A-119. Now, some of you might be thinking “How does Cave Johnson know about a top-secret research project at Black Mesa?” Well, I’ll let you in on a little secret: I didn’t, until you asked that question.
About two years ago, give or take, I reviewed Car Mechanic Simulator, where I was promptly taken to task for reviewing the 2014 edition when 2015 had just come out. Well, I’m always happy to entertain requests. I just make no promises about punctuality or timeliness.

Pages