GWJ RPGs

Heroes of The Realm - Episode 6

Welcome to Heroes of The Realm, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Karla Andrich as she takes Cory Banks, Amanda Knowlton, Ariel Jaffee and Michael Zenke from the real world and back into The Realm.
Well Well Well, a new year is upon us, full of promise and hopes, some of which will be realized, some not. And that’s just the videogame release list! There are a lot of sequels and re-releases due out this year.
GWJ Writers' Top Ten Picks of 2017

GWJ Writers' Top Ten Games of 2017

Discover what odd, quirky titles Greg "doubtingthomas396" Decker favored above the more conventional top picks of the year. See what games of the past Felix Threepaper was able to squeeze time in for. Find out what console has enamored JR Ralls above all others. Rejoice in the fact that Andrew "Minarchist" High still lives! And...
Welcome, TL;DP Fans! As longtime readers may well recall, I like to do a theme for the month of December. Usually it’s alliterative, or some kind of gregorian pun. This December will be no exception. I’ve decided to go back to gaming’s roots and play some important games that I missed when they first came out.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 585

Part Two of Our Games of The Year and More!
My goodness, is it that time of year again? Where did 2017 go? It certainly was a big year for video games. Almost everything that was popular (or “popular” at least) in 2014 got a sequel, Nintendo came out swinging to dominate a new generation of consoles, and we got to see the dawn of a whole new Moral Panic. Exciting stuff! But enough previews!
Overpowers bad writing with magic and cool sound effects. But it’s a Star Wars game, so you already knew that.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 584

FIFA 17, Gorogoa, SteamWorld Dig 2, Part One of Our Games of The Year and More!
GWJ RPGs

Heroes of The Realm - Episode 5

Welcome to Heroes of The Realm, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Karla Andrich as she takes Cory Banks, Amanda Knowlton, Ariel Jaffee and Michael Zenke from the real world and back into The Realm.

December 18 – December 24

I’m going to go ahead and predict that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, which releases officially this week, is going to be The Community’s Game of the Year, because if Rocket League and Overwatch have taught me anything, it’s that Amanda is a tastemaker extraordinaire. Puzzle Box Maker would have my attention this week, but it turns out you’re not making puzzle boxes. Just platformer levels. Boo!

Pages