Road trip! Road trip! Road trip!

GWJ Conference Call Episode 536

Nier Automata Demo, Ultima VII, ASTRONEER, Minecraft Story Mode, Nintendo Switch Thoughts, 2017 Games We're Looking Forward To, Your Emails and More!
MAGFest Indie Videogame Showcase

MAGFest 2017 Indie Game Report

I wasn't expecting much when I first stepped onto the indie games floor of MAGFest 2017. I've been to several conventions representing Extra Life in Philadelphia, and after several lengthy research sessions trawling through YouTube to find something worthwhile for our Week Aheads, I've grown jaded.

January 16 – January 22

Now we’re getting back into the swing of things. This is a good-looking week. My wishlist expanded quite a bit just while researching the list. Don’t worry. I won’t inflict my top-ten list of this week’s releases on you. I’ll only pick one, but believe me when I tell you it’s a struggle. After a lot of deliberation, I think I’ll go with Torn Tales.

Bold Predictions 2017

Maybe it's just because 2016 was such a whirlwind, but 2017 feels positively tame as I survey the landscape through my futurescope. Beyond stuff I predicted on the latest podcast, I think survival games will finally begin to wane as the market teeters over much like the MOBAs and MMORPGs that came before it.
More like Son of Neither.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 535

The Last Guardian, Fallen London, Subnautica, Diablo Anniversary, Anti Chamber, Headphones, Pony Island, Retropie, Kitty Power Matchmaker, Bold Predictions 2017 and More!

January 9 – January 15

There are a lot of zombie games out this week. Zombies and JRPGs. Sometimes both at the same time. Fortunately, there is something for those of us who don’t care about zombies, and for those of us who don’t need new JRPGs since we’re still playing Final Fantasy XV.
This is my second foray into the wide world of Metal Gear. Huh.

GWJ Conference Call Episode 534

Bloodborne: The Card Game, Mechs vs. Minions, Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition, Fabled Fruits, Live From rabbitcon and More!

Pages