NFL 2022: The Week 2 thread

Browns Fan Throws Water Bottle At Owner, Banned From Stadium For Life.

What, 10 games is too little?

Kaep probably still has some arm

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

The 49ers worked out QBs today, including Kurt Benkert, AJ McCarron, and Mike Glennon.

FREE THE GINGER GIRAFFE.

Nope, the winner of the practice squad spot was Kurt Benkert.

Honestly, not that surprising. He was on the Packers roster last year, meaning he was in Matt LaFleur's offense, meaning some of the pages from the playbook he had last year were photocopied out of the 2018 49ers playbook. He probably has the easiest transition of the available free agents.

*Legion* wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

The 49ers worked out QBs today, including Kurt Benkert, AJ McCarron, and Mike Glennon.

FREE THE GINGER GIRAFFE.

Nope, the winner of the practice squad spot was Kurt Benkert.

Honestly, not that surprising. He was on the Packers roster last year, meaning he was in Matt LaFleur's offense, meaning some of the pages from the playbook he had last year were photocopied out of the 2018 49ers playbook. He probably has the easiest transition of the available free agents.

You sure you don't want Jordan Love?

jowner wrote:

You sure you don't want Jordan Love?

I flat out don't know what to make of the Jordan Love situation. Either Green Bay snubbed every realistic offer for him, or nobody's made offers above a late-round pick. I wonder if the league at large just sees him as a guy that shouldn't have been a 1st round pick to begin with.

Jordan Love has to be the most invisible heir apparent in the history of sports or heirs.

Jordan Love was a chess piece to light a fire under Qaaron. Anything they get out of him beyond that was gravy.

Spoiler:

And it isn't going to me much beyond that.

staygold wrote:
Enix wrote:

The next HoF class might not have any QBs in it.

I was randomly thinking last night. I wonder from the 2018 season onwards, will there ever be another RB in the HOF?

FWIW, the four RBs on the NFL's all-decade team from the 2010s:

Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, LeSean McCoy and Adrian Peterson. (AP was a unanimous selection.)

Maurice Jones-Drew makes the case for all four right here.

Gore (3rd) and Peterson (5th) rank among the top 5 all-time rushers. Marshawn is BEAST MODE. McCoy is a little trickier because he was always good (and good for a long time) but maybe not elite like the other three.

Among current guys, yeah, it's slim pickings.

I'm not familiar with the stats but if f*cking Bettis is in, Marshawn better get in.

Top_Shelf wrote:

I'm not familiar with the stats but if f*cking Bettis is in, Marshawn better get in.

Marshawn is too “urban” for the hall of fame committee

Paleocon wrote:
Top_Shelf wrote:

I'm not familiar with the stats but if f*cking Bettis is in, Marshawn better get in.

Marshawn is too “urban” for the hall of fame committee

IMAGE(https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FondMediumCentipede-max-1mb.gif)

Paleocon wrote:
Top_Shelf wrote:

I'm not familiar with the stats but if f*cking Bettis is in, Marshawn better get in.

Marshawn is too “urban” for the hall of fame committee

If your justification for being in the HOF is Bettis, well, then a lot of people belong in. If there's anybody in the Hall of Fame there because of personality, it's Bettis, and my usual thing is go ahead and flip the personalities of Jerome Bettis and Corey Dillon, and tell me Dillon isn't in the Hall of Fame. To Legion's point, do the same with Marshawn Lynch.

I think he deserves it but I'm a homer who remembers where I was when I was listening to the call on the radio of Beastquake.

ETA: Robert Sarver is being pressured into selling his NBA team because he was doing all kinds of bad sh*t in his job as owner. Can't we get Haslem to sell CLE after defiantly giving hundreds of millions to a predator?

Or are the canvases just too different between the sports?

Can we talk about Kyler Murray claiming that a fan slapped him?

The video of the alleged slapping is, well... it just looks like a bunch of excited fans hands reaching out for Murray and one of them missing the mark and grazing him.

Murray filed a police report over the incident. You watch the video and decide (jump to about 0:25 for Murray starting to approach the stands).

Top_Shelf wrote:

ETA: Robert Sarver is being pressured into selling his NBA team because he was doing all kinds of bad sh*t in his job as owner. Can't we get Haslem to sell CLE after defiantly giving hundreds of millions to a predator?

Or are the canvases just too different between the sports?

Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Panthers. If the owner is (a) observed personally and routinely sexually harassing employees, and (b) is one of the least rich owners, then sure, you can get them forced out.

Murray filed a police report over the incident. You watch the video and decide (jump to about 0:25 for Murray starting to approach the stands).

Wow. He must be like that kid who constantly complains about hackers and cheaters when he plays Call of Duty.

*Legion* wrote:
Top_Shelf wrote:

ETA: Robert Sarver is being pressured into selling his NBA team because he was doing all kinds of bad sh*t in his job as owner. Can't we get Haslem to sell CLE after defiantly giving hundreds of millions to a predator?

Or are the canvases just too different between the sports?

Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Panthers. If the owner is (a) observed personally and routinely sexually harassing employees, and (b) is one of the least rich owners, then sure, you can get them forced out.

(c) Old.

*Legion* wrote:

Can we talk about Kyler Murray claiming that a fan slapped him?

The video of the alleged slapping is, well... it just looks like a bunch of excited fans hands reaching out for Murray and one of them missing the mark and grazing him.

Murray filed a police report over the incident. You watch the video and decide (jump to about 0:25 for Murray starting to approach the stands).

The freeze frame of it is pretty funny though.
IMAGE(https://i.ibb.co/h2WYpYC/murr.jpg)

I'm on Kyler's side here, it's just wrong to slap a toddler.