NFL 2022: The Week 2 thread

*Legion* wrote:

Colts still can't play in Jacksonville. Down 17-0 at halftime, and Jags get the ball after half.

The only question will be whether the Colts regret that tie and whether it’ll cost them the first overall pick or not

Also Kenny P has to be coming out of the tunnel for Pittsburgh in the second half right? There’s no way that Tomlin looks at Trub and says “that’s my QB”

Halftime: Giants 6, Panthers 6

The game has been much worse than the score suggests.

Not sure how the Lamar Jackson saga ends in Baltimore but it seems crazy that he just walks.

Lamar with more TDs than incompletions the first half. Not too shabby.

28-7 but should be 35-0 after nonsense replay

Literally every play Brady is whining in the Refs faces. My god man just stay home with your kids already.

TheGameguru wrote:

Literally every play Brady is whining in the Refs faces. My god man just stay home with your kids already.

Imagine how much *they* whine.

Panthers led in 16 of last 18 games but are 5-11 in those. That's brutal.

Stele wrote:

Panthers led in 16 of last 18 games but are 5-11 in those. That's brutal.

I hear it's because of all their undersized defensive players running a college defense.

Back to back goal-to-go defensive stops by the Jags to try and preserve the shutout.

This is going to be under Irsay's skin all year, and it's divine.

EDIT: Back to back interceptions to finish preserving the shutout.

New Orleans should have traded for Garoppolo.

Gano kicking bombs vs. the Panthers.

Is Joe Flacco Elite?

FLACCO IS ELITE

FACTORY OF SADNESS!

I'm dry heaving as I write this but I'm glad the Jets won.

Am I understanding this right? 3-3 game, Mike Evans starts a fight, gets him and the guy who was shutting him down ejected, and the Buc go 17-7 the last 12 minutes to win?

TUA IS ELITE

Jimmy G sighting?

Oh man. I expected Jimmy time to happen but I did not want it to happen this way.

That has "season ender" written all over it.

Stele wrote:

Am I understanding this right? 3-3 game, Mike Evans starts a fight, gets him and the guy who was shutting him down ejected, and the Buc go 17-7 the last 12 minutes to win?

Would guess Lattimore got ejected because once things had calmed down a bit and they were pulling people apart, he punched Russel Gage in the face. Had he kept his cool at that point, well, he'd be fine, but he was as much of a dumbass as Evans so got kicked out for that.

Man, Mike Evans hates Lattimore. Evans is the nicest damn dude in the league and has never had a whiff of drama with anyone, but this is the one guy he wants to fight 24/7.

Jimmy G era has begun in SF!

Rat Boy wrote:

That has "season ender" written all over it.

At best, high ankle sprain. More likely ankle fracture, which wouldn't necessarily be a season ender this early in the year, but certainly would cost much of the season.

If it's worse than a simple fracture though... yeah.

*Legion* wrote:

Gano kicking bombs vs. the Panthers.

That's former Carolina Panther Graham Gano, I'll have you know.

Meanwhile, Matt Rhule is out here telling reporters "We don’t need to change."

Panthers Twitter has, ah, a lot to say about that.

Not to shortchange Jimmy or anything, but...

*Legion* wrote:

WHY CAN'T I HAVE A QUARTERBACK

You want Geno or whatever it is the Seahawks are running at QB?

*Legion* wrote:

At best, high ankle sprain. More likely ankle fracture, which wouldn't necessarily be a season ender this early in the year, but certainly would cost much of the season.

If it's worse than a simple fracture though... yeah.

Saw on Twitter the picture they didn't really show on the broadcast. Yeah... that's not gonna be a high ankle sprain.

*Legion* wrote:

New Orleans should have traded for Garoppolo.

SHUT UP, PAST *LEGION*. THAT'S OUR QB NOW.

Top_Shelf wrote:

You want Geno or whatever it is the Seahawks are running at QB?

Apparently the Seahawks passed out of a 4 RB set. It did not go well.

The score in the Rams-Falcons game earlier was . . . 28-3.