NCAA Football 2022/2023 Season Catch All!

Prederick wrote:

I really don't get the point of the caterwauling over the rankings.

Like, is TCU too low? Sure. But Georgia plays Tennessee and OSU plays Michigan. TCU wins out, they probably make the CFP.

Also, LOL at Syracuse actually being in the CFP. Dino deserves an extension for that alone.

As you say, a lot of this will work out. However, the lower you are to start, the more you have to climb up to make it in. Or the reverse. If UT loses to UGA in #1 spot vs #3 spot, it's easier to argue you should still make the CFP if you win out than if you'd been at #3 when that loss occured.

But people just like to argue about their team. That's half the fun of sports

The committee has also proven that week to week doesn't matter, they will do whatever they want the final week and don't have to justify anything.

One year they bumped a non playing FSU over another non playing ACC team because the highest non playoff ACC team gets the Orange bowl still.

A couple years ago it was Clemson at 4 even though they won their championship game and the SEC team that wasn't even playing stayed 3 or something. Because they didn't want SEC vs SEC in the first round they broke the seeding from previous weeks.

None of this matters, they will do what they want in the end. Until we get expansion and auto conference champs this is still a pale shadow of real playoffs, like March Madness and every other division of football.

If you wanna be The Man, you gotta beat The Man.

Tennessee is currently not beating The Man.

Hell, we couldn't even beat a mediocre man today. Stand tall, Tennessee. We'll always have Davey Crockett.

IMAGE(https://www.magicalquote.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/You-come-at-the-king-you-best-not-miss.jpg)

Funny thing is, I'd argue Tennessee did decently, it's just that Georgia punched em' early and then strangled the absolute life out of them the rest of the way.

Like, I thought Tennessee looks good enough to go toe-to-toe with just about anyone else in FBS. Except Georgia.

Tennessee lost both lines of scrimmage, and Georgia was the first team that actually seemed to cover our receivers. They played a hell of a game.

UT is still playing with house money in my book. I had them winning 8 or 9 this year. Disappointed, but it's still a fun ride this year. We'll see what happens the rest of the way.

MannishBoy wrote:

Tennessee lost both lines of scrimmage, and Georgia was the first team that actually seemed to cover our receivers. They played a hell of a game.

UT is still playing with house money in my book. I had them winning 8 or 9 this year. Disappointed, but it's still a fun ride this year. We'll see what happens the rest of the way.

No doubt that Heupel is building something in Knoxville. Y'all have a 5 star QB coming in next year and I fully expect y'all to become the new number two in the East, which will mean that you will get the Dawgs from time to time and make it to Atlanta. Better Rocky Top than the lizzards!

However, tomorrow you can bet I will be wearing my, "Friends don't let friends wear orange shirt." As the Dawgs once again completed the sweep of the orange rivals.

Sad about Syracuse today, but as a longtime Miami hater, gotta say, this sh*t is delightful.

Prederick wrote:

Sad about Syracuse today, but as a longtime Miami hater, gotta say, this sh*t is delightful.

Great start, let’s do it again in the second half

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg2MosTXEAEOe4m?format=png&name=small)

In three quarters, of course.

Dislike Notre Dame, but very happy for their coach, who needed that.

I wanted to beat Clemson next week. Now they're going to be pissed and refocused.

Hehe.

Cards win 4 in a row, things going well. Bowling. Next week gonna be tough. 3 ranked teams to close the season.

That bama loss isn't a surprise to anyone, right?

Badferret wrote:

After Indy, I'm going to let my hair down and go absolutely ham with my preseason predictions.

Stetson Bennett the Fourth, wins the Heisman and the Dawgs make it to the championship game.

Bo Nix becomes the first starting QB to lose four straight games against Georgia.

Alabama does not win the SEC West. Neither does Texas A&M.

No lies detected! The Mailman might not hold the trophy, but I bet he ends up in NYC.

Also, Brian Kelly, just go full Foghorn Leghorn from now on. No-one can really say anything about it.

Prederick wrote:

That bama loss isn't a surprise to anyone, right?

Still enjoyed the hell out of it. Saban-free playoffs are good for everyone

Stele wrote:
Prederick wrote:

That bama loss isn't a surprise to anyone, right?

Still enjoyed the hell out of it. Saban-free playoffs are good for everyone

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg2ZcH4X0AEVV2c?format=jpg&name=240x240)

Can someone smarter than me show me the scenario where Alabama makes it into the CFP like they always do?

TheGameguru wrote:

Can someone smarter than me show me the scenario where Alabama makes it into the CFP like they always do?

Georgia loses to Kentucky and Georgia Tech.
Tennessee loses to South Carolina or Vanderbilt

Realistic scenario? Nope

Alabama downer and alums start cutting the right checks to the right people.

After all, this isn’t a playoff. Plays have stipulations for automatic qualification. This is an invitation. And the CFB Playoff Committee has shown that they will always do what’s best for business.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:

Alabama downer and alums start cutting the right checks to the right people.

After all, this isn’t a playoff. Plays have stipulations for automatic qualification. This is an invitation. And the CFB Playoff Committee has shown that they will always do what’s best for business.

This is all true, except Meh Bama is not a draw.

Bama is Sidewalk U; if they aren't dominate their bandwagon fans won't tune in.

Committee would much rather have USC or the OSU/Michigan loser, than this version of Bama.

TheGameguru wrote:

Can someone smarter than me show me the scenario where Alabama makes it into the CFP like they always do?

Committee wakes up in the morning and decides Bama makes it in over a P5 winner?

This may in fact be the way we get to 4 SEC teams in the playoffs.

LSU wins SEC championship - automatic berth
Georgia - quality loss in SEC Championship game - 2nd best SEC team automatic berth
1-loss Tenneseee - beat LSU earlier in the year and Alabama - how can they be worse than #4? In fact I have to assume the quality loss to UGA and LSU's win over Alabama means they can be no worse than #2? Can there be a tie for #1?
Committee wakes up and accidentally says Bama because they're so used to it.

I'd say that's a lot more likely than an undefeated TCU finding their way in.

Won't make Mannish post this week's SEC Shorts:

Enter Despair!

In fairness, I did caution Fed to treat Hope well!

Badferret wrote:

Won't make Mannish post this week's SEC Shorts:

Enter Despair!

In fairness, I did caution Fed to treat Hope well!

Hah, I have been on conference calls all day for work and haven't even looked at anything.

I'll post roll call unwatched on my part:

OK, the Mike Price Alabama Hooker line was great.

I didn't have any big expectations this year anyway. Aggies thought we might make some noise in 2023, though. Maybe through all this crap we'll figure out the line-up that can do that.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhDt16KWQAI1aAu?format=jpg&name=small)

I am now a Western Kentucky fan.

No quibbles with the current poll, the only question is who drops out, OSU or Michigan (or if we have a 2006 situation where they play an unbelievable classic and both end up in the playoff anyway)

I know its a week early, but get your DVRs ready, call the Emmy voters, this is going to make The Last Dance look like the final season of Game Of Thrones.

This may be the greatest television show ever.

Watched this trailer 5 times already.. still getting goosebumps.

This is (currently) a 2-loss Alabama team that, should they lose today, really should be a four, or even five-loss team.