MLB 2022 Season

Prederick wrote:
Chairman_Mao wrote:

The Orioles and the Mariners both have 10 win streaks. I'm really enjoying this.

13 for the M's!

so awesome.

Meanwhile, I think one could make a reasonable case that Matt Carpenter should be an all star this year, despite how little he has played.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FX1Ou_RUcAAb6ZO?format=jpg&name=large)

As a New Yorker, allow me to say:

ELLLL EMMM AYYYYYYY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's truly a shame that somehow Nick Castellanos wasn't playing in that game.

This All-Star Game needs Nick Castellanos. At least the broadcast does.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYUjg8IUIAAAa2f?format=png&name=4096x4096)

The Red Sox have so many injuries right now they might want to consider moving the team to AAA for a bit

The Fenway Bowl finally happened!

The Red Sox defence was just comically bad all series against the Blue Jays.

Prederick wrote:

Speaking as a Yankees fan, I simultaneously totally support Judge's position of negotiating strength here, and absolutely do not think the Yankees should hand him a bigger-than-Mike-Trout's contract for a dude that I just do not see keeping up this level of production for more than another 3 years, tops.

He's 30, right now. And he's going to ask for like a 10-year deal.

Just... no.

LOL.

He's gonna force the Yankees to give him the most absurd contract.

Shohei - 6 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 11 K.

Angels lose 2-0.

Just f*cking trade him to a half-competent franchise already.

Sounds like Shohei should have hit a few home runs if he wanted that pitching win.

Prederick wrote:

LOL.

He's gonna force the Yankees to give him the most absurd contract.

2 more tonight, including a grand slam.

LOL and LOL.

Prederick wrote:
Prederick wrote:

LOL.

He's gonna force the Yankees to give him the most absurd contract.

2 more tonight, including a grand slam.

LOL and LOL.

tied with Ruth for home runs in first 101 games. 19 more in 61 games almost seems too easy.

42

What a f*ckin' week.

Goodbye, Vin. The defining voice of the game.

EDIT: Hadn't heard this. Vin marks Hitler's birthday.

He was the best. Bar none.

EDIT v2: Such a good man.

He called some big moments in sports throughout the years. One of the best to do it for sure.

Prederick wrote:
Prederick wrote:

Speaking as a Yankees fan, I simultaneously totally support Judge's position of negotiating strength here, and absolutely do not think the Yankees should hand him a bigger-than-Mike-Trout's contract for a dude that I just do not see keeping up this level of production for more than another 3 years, tops.

He's 30, right now. And he's going to ask for like a 10-year deal.

Just... no.

LOL.

He's gonna force the Yankees to give him the most absurd contract.

Don't do it! TheWalt wanted to give Correa the monster contract he wanted. We didn't do that with Springer and we stayed contenders. Didn't do that with Gerrit Cole, stayed contenders. And we didn't do it with Correa and have stayed contenders. There's a lot of people on a baseball team.

The Los Angeles Angels tied a major league record with seven solo home runs, including two by Shohei Ohtani, but still lost to the Oakland Athletics 8-7.

by @joereedy

https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status...

Unbelievable.

TUNGSTEN ARM O'DOYLE

Steve Jeltz, the greatest MLB player born in France.

If anyone had asked me about a Phillies comeback, I would have remembered the game in 1990 at LA where they trailed by 10 late, and by 8 in the ninth inning. I stayed up late to watch that one. That, or the one at Wrigley where Mike Schmidt hit four homers.

Yankees play the Mariners tonight, I'm sure nothing weird will happ....

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZxxt7uUUAI3KO_?format=jpg&name=medium)

A-ha.