MLB 2022 Season

The Defector article makes it sound like the main worry is the expiration date on a metal plate he's had in his leg for the past 9 years which is why offering him 12-, 13-year contracts wasn't a great idea.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmeBqmhWIAAPz0y?format=jpg&name=small)

It would've gotten them in so much trouble, but they should've put Putin atop the list.

Prederick wrote:

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmeBqmhWIAAPz0y?format=jpg&name=small)

It would've gotten them in so much trouble, but they should've put Putin atop the list.

Maybe they are not expecting him to finish the whole year.

(Laughs at that graphic in Ohtani)

Those are pretty terrible projections. 23 players had 5.7 fwar or higher last season and they only project 4 for next year? Also the Ohtani omission is pretty laughable, 8 and 9.5 the past 2 years but projecting him below 5.5 next season why?

It's probably the averaged-out results of a survey, in which case it's basically a relative ranking and the absolute numbers don't mean much.

fenomas wrote:

It's probably the averaged-out results of a survey, in which case it's basically a relative ranking and the absolute numbers don't mean much.

No. It’s via Fangraphs which uses Dave Syzmborski’s ZiPS projection system.

Edit: Just checked and this is with the Steamer projection system. ZiPS is what they actually used but they haven’t released all the projections yet so that data isn’t publicly available.

Huh, thanks!

I think we all seem to agree with the "steamer" part

Anyone got a couple billion sitting around? The Angels are for sale.

Prederick wrote:

Anyone got a couple billion sitting around? The Angels are for sale.

the tweet seems to say the exact opposite of that.

And implies no one wants to buy the team.

Usually, owners looking to sell try to pare down payroll, especially future commitments, but the Angels have done the exact opposite this offseason so it doesn't seem like Moreno was really serious about selling.

Chairman_Mao wrote:
Prederick wrote:

Anyone got a couple billion sitting around? The Angels are for sale.

the tweet seems to say the exact opposite of that.

This is what I get for not caring enough about the Angels to not skim.

Rat Boy wrote:

And implies no one wants to buy the team.

Which I'm wrong about. They had buyers, but they might not have been offering the $3 billion Arte Moreno might have thought the team is worth.

Buy them, I want to see the Montreal Angels

The following players have been elected to the hall of fame: Scott Rolen. That is all.

Kinda thin year ballot-wise. Rolen was the best of the bunch (depending on how you feel about Beltran and his being called out by name in the 2017 Astros investigation). McGriff also going in this year thanks to the Today's Game committee or whatever they're calling it now.

billt721 wrote:

McGriff also going in this year thanks to the Today's Game committee or whatever they're calling it now.

IMAGE(https://www.ci.scappoose.or.us/sites/default/files/styles/full_node_primary/public/imageattachments/police/page/702/mcgruff.png?itok=MFjwOiIh)

Rat Boy wrote:

The following players have been elected to the hall of fame: Scott Rolen. That is all.

Deserving. Loved him at third for the Cards and glad to see another southern Indiana boy in the HoF, alongside 'The Hoosier Thunderbolt' but not Donnie Baseball, interestingly.