NFL 2021: The Week 9 thread

Would love to hear Boswell's thoughts there.

"Okay, here he comes, here he comes OH GOD FALL ON IT OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD"

I had not seen Pittsburgh's thicc punter.

"Thunter," if you will.

Overjoyed.

IMAGE(https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/pressley-harvin-iii-of-the-pittsburgh-steelers-in-action-during-the-picture-id1346646848?s=2048x2048)

Wow. An exciting finish ruined by yet another dumbass taunting penalty.

Bullsh*t penalty

Really wish Jordan Love played like Justin Fields.

It's going to be fun following this QB draft class. Fields needs to leave the Bears though or I'm in for years of pain.

Scored too fast. Left a ton of time on the clock.

What the hell happened? I haven't been watching, but weren't the Bears playing NOT good two hours ago?

IMAGE(https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CheapInformalCrab-max-1mb.gif)

Matt Nagy is incompetent. Why did he waste his last timeout right there on the kick? What a moron.

Someone explain to me why the Bears used their last timeout before the FG attempt.

The look that Nagy just had on the sidelines was of a man who realized by calling that time out he may of just got himself fired.

There's 0 chance he isn't canned this offseason at a minimum. I can only hope he stays.

Justin Tucker would have made that

Stele wrote:

Justin Tucker would have made that

John Harbaugh also doesn't let Tucker kick FGs he would be 10 yards short.

Nagy is so terrible he sent Cairo to go kick a FG where it looked like he got everything he could behind it and it still rolled through the end zone.

Hail Marys convert at a low percent but it would of been at least 1% higher than that lol

Wow. Can't believe some of y'all stayed up till the end of the game. I hit halftime, and because of the time change I was ready for bed.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:

Where are Peyton and Eli? These guys are terrible, at this rate I would take Tirico and Kornheiser, or even JR and The King.

They're not on every week -- something like 10 weeks this season. I think they'll be back next week.

As for the MNF crew, I think they're fine. They're bigger on Xs and Os than some previous pairings, and that's fine (and 180 degree difference from the old school thinking that MNF has to be entertainment first and football second). The thing that bugs me is that I have trouble telling apart Griese's and Riddick's voices.

The taunting penalty was dumb, but the hip check by the ref? Wtf?

Yeah. The Bears totally got jobbed.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FC9FK6qUYAAEbI9.jpg)

Watching some plays from Jordan Love and he really looks like the very definition of the game being too fast for him. Maybe he had the jitters, which means he may not next week, but not a good look for the Pack.

Sorry, guys, you're likely waiting with bated breath to have Kaaron back.

garion333 wrote:

The taunting penalty was dumb, but the hip check by the ref? Wtf?

The presser looks like an SNL parody of the presser. Also, something needs to happen to that ref but nothing will probably happen.

Rat Boy wrote:
garion333 wrote:

The taunting penalty was dumb, but the hip check by the ref? Wtf?

The presser looks like an SNL parody of the presser. Also, something needs to happen to that ref but nothing will probably happen.

It really feels like the Steelers are a fraud the NFL wishes to perpetrate on the viewing audience.

garion333 wrote:

Watching some plays from Jordan Love and he really looks like the very definition of the game being too fast for him. Maybe he had the jitters, which means he may not next week, but not a good look for the Pack.

Sorry, guys, you're likely waiting with bated breath to have Kaaron back.

Packers blog I follow had some stats on how much KC was blitzing and ya. Probably not the ideal first team + DC to face.

LaFleur took ownership on it which is what a good coach does but ya Love was partly not ready and maybe won't be ever if they missed on him as a prospect.

Bahktiari would of helped immensely as inside at guard Royce Newman needs to go. This would of helped shuffle the line kicking Newman off the field.

Rodgers is probably back this week but we only find out Saturday. I'm eagerly awaiting his return so he can just play football and build up his trade value for this offseason.

jowner wrote:

Packers blog I follow had some stats on how much KC was blitzing and ya. Probably not the ideal first team + DC to face.

Spags had KC blitzing their asses off in preseason against Trey Lance. Not surprised to see them do it in the regular season against a young QB.

*Legion* wrote:
jowner wrote:

Packers blog I follow had some stats on how much KC was blitzing and ya. Probably not the ideal first team + DC to face.

Spags had KC blitzing their asses off in preseason against Trey Lance. Not surprised to see them do it in the regular season against a young QB.

The podcast on it was very straightforward also.

You blitz young QBs until they prove that they can handle it and punish you. Also Spags definitely isn't shy.

I would of been 100% fine with Love vs Geno Smith this weekend. Get some more reps + eye test on Love. But it looks like Wilson should be back so back to Rodgers. Shame really as I'm kinda over watching Wilson vs Rodgers even if it might be the last time both QBs are on their respective teams.

Big Former Guy energy coming out of Rodgers' camp.

People Magazine wrote:

Aaron Rodgers isn't happy with the way his decision not to get vaccinated against COVID-19 has been received.

The Green Bay Packers star is "upset" at the response to his recent admission that he is not vaccinated against COVID-19 after previously saying that he had been "immunized" against the virus, a source close to the NFL star tells PEOPLE.

The source says that Rodgers "feels like he just shared his point of view, and now he's being crucified for it."

"He knew some people would disagree with him, but he didn't know that it would become the s---storm it became. People who he thought were friends are turning on him," the source tells PEOPLE.

"He's upset," the insider adds. "He's very unhappy with the response to him."

Someone better tell Kaaron the score, because if I have to I will hurt his feelings.

Rat Boy wrote:
People Magazine wrote:

"He knew some people would disagree with him, but he didn't know that it would become the s---storm it became. People who he thought were friends are turning on him," the source tells PEOPLE.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Ry3QfEU.jpg)

He's back on McAffee's show again and is in full troll mode:

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDxigEqUUAYrKNg?format=jpg&name=medium)

Nick Chubb is reported as testing positive for Covid...

May still play Sunday, because of medical science.

Changing the subject OBJ cleared waivers.

This should be fun but probably quick as to where he lands.

Ravens to still play the Browns twice I think would be very fun.