My son finally used his first self-earned money to buy a PC (components) and today we built his new machine. Here are the specs:
* AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6x 3.70GHz So.AM4 BOX
* 12GB Gainward GeForce RTX 3060 Pegasus DDR6 (Retail)
* MSI B550-A Pro AMD B550 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
* 650 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM Modular 80+ Gold
* 32GB (2x 16384MB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 Dual Kit
* 1000GB Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDWD110UZSVA 7.200U/min 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s
* 512GB Patriot P300 M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 3D-NAND TLC (P300P512GM28)
After turning the PC on for the first time we noticed that only the hard drive started to work. No fan, not the CPU fan nor any of the case fans (which are all connected properly as far as I can tell) start to turn and we got no output from the HDMI port.
The front panel is powered though (power is connected via a SATA cable that is connected to the same cable that powers the hard drive). What puzzles me is that the on/off-button on the front panel that is connected to mainboard works.
I'm out of ideas now.
Any help is very welcome!