Back 4 Blood Catch All

Anyone still playing this game and need someone to team up with?

I'm still interested in playing. I usually keep an eye on discord for groups (I rarely keep Steam open now-and-days, but I can be poked there).

I too would like to give this one a go. Though I must admit there are so many distractions these days!

Have been out of town since [U.S.] Thanksgiving but am getting home late tonight. Feel free to join up with me for PvP. Casual, serious, whatever. We’ll try out and learn some things. I’m good with stinger, stalker, reeker, and retch, and am trying to learn exploder, tallboy, and hocker better.

Steam: [GWJ] Keithustus through Steam or B4B crossplay: [GWJ] Keithustus#4934

Stats and progress! Did you think you cleared all maps on a difficulty but didn’t get the achievement/accomplishment/skin, or want to know how many kills you’ve got with each weapon, etc. Stats page for PC versions: https://b4bstats.mazz.lol/

Want info on all specials and upgrades for PvP? Album https://www.flickr.com/gp/76481739@N02/Uf0v5P (copy and paste link as GWJ site doesn’t link it correctly)

I'll be on discord tonight at 9:30pm EST

Finally starting this after hearing about a 4 month xbox pass trial for $2. Would love to find people interested in playing after 9pm PDT or midnight EST.

My xbox gamertag is msde
my b4b is msde#7982

Dakhath wrote:

I'll be on discord tonight at 9:30pm EST

I'm interested in playing tonight!

Emmes wrote:

Finally starting this after hearing about a 4 month xbox pass trial for $2. Would love to find people interested in playing after 9pm PDT or midnight EST.

My xbox gamertag is msde
my b4b is msde#7982

I've only played one night so far, so I'd definitely want to get some more time in. I'll add you.

Mantid wrote:

I'm still interested in playing. I usually keep an eye on discord for groups (I rarely keep Steam open now-and-days, but I can be poked there).

I'd be happy to ping you, except that I can't figure out where on discord people talk about this. It was mentioned briefly in the #survival channel, but I don't know if that's the right place.

There's somehow no place in that discord to talk about coop games.

I'm an East Coaster and I'm interested in participating a bit. When I tried with randos it was hard to find any groups using voice comms and people really arent' that interested in coordinating or working together. It's been kind of an unsatisfactory experience. I'm interested to try it with an engaged group. I'll keep my eye out for activity.

Emmes wrote:
Mantid wrote:

I'm still interested in playing. I usually keep an eye on discord for groups (I rarely keep Steam open now-and-days, but I can be poked there).

I'd be happy to ping you, except that I can't figure out where on discord people talk about this. It was mentioned briefly in the #survival channel, but I don't know if that's the right place.

There's somehow no place in that discord to talk about coop games.

It's split between #shooter and #survival... basically pick one and start talking and interested folks will respond. If you want to start playing with others create an on demand channel in #request and folks that want to play will jump in when they're able.

There’s also several B4B / Turtle Rock specific discord servers that have LFG channels. Anyone willing to go to such a server is not a dumb rando with no mic. Here are some:

https://discord.gg/turtlerockstudios

https://discord.gg/zNrQaue4

https://discord.gg/b4b

https://discord.gg/ay9y4Y64

https://discord.gg/ECsyx6Uq

ranalin wrote:

If you want to start playing with others create an on demand channel in #request and folks that want to play will jump in when they're able.

I've found that on-demand friction is enough for things to not form, though not knowing about #shooters might be part of it.

The on-demand channels need to get created every single day or they disappear. If they lasted a week or so before disappearing, I feel like they might get more traction.

Edit: I can't find #shooters for the life of me. Is it under game genres? How is coop not a game genre? :/

On the GWJ discord there is a “SHOOTERS (APEX, B4B, COD, WARZO…” category. Under that is #shooters.

Emmes wrote:
ranalin wrote:

If you want to start playing with others create an on demand channel in #request and folks that want to play will jump in when they're able.

I've found that on-demand friction is enough for things to not form, though not knowing about #shooters might be part of it.

The on-demand channels need to get created every single day or they disappear. If they lasted a week or so before disappearing, I feel like they might get more traction.

Edit: I can't find #shooters for the life of me. Is it under game genres? How is coop not a game genre? :/

Not sure I follow this. Is it kind of the 'If a bear sh*ts in the woods...' scenario? If people are playing with a group you can see them in the on the demand channel. If it's not there no one is playing with others. The best way to put up the bat signal so to speak is to create your own to let others know you want to play with others.

Coop isn't a genre or rather it's too vague of one and can mean an extremely wide variety of games.

IMAGE(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/151178379851202560/917760779279794296/unknown.png)

December balance update goes live Thursday. They screwed up and let the patch notes go public before they intended, and the notes look…pretty, pretty….pretty good. It looks like Nightmare and specials multispawning are being addressed, and for PvP a number of exploits and quality-of-life changes are being added. I’m actually excited.

IMAGE(https://media4.giphy.com/media/WrJ8x0niiblWEoo7hE/200.gif)

Text and discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Back4Blood/...

Good stuff! Swarm is working pretty well since the December patch. Still some big issues, but great times when you’ve got a good team on both sides.

This is the first Swarm tournament I’ve heard of. Website: https://cybersports.live/

Sign up form https://dyno.gg/form/c2c454ab

It starts tomorrow 5 pm Eastern. Should be some streams so I’ll post a direct link here when they start.

This discord is where folks are organizing and talking who’s going to be on which team and the like. https://discord.gg/Fgx9V2gh

We also have an MMR-building PUG system, and the matches are therefore always close and good: https://discord.gg/juXBkRag

The game is close to being in a good state, and I’ve had a great time because of its quick matchmaking over the lobby hopping and using server browser in L4D2.

I sure enjoyed my time playing through all the acts. I expected to go back. Haven’t done so. Hmm. Hoping the game survives.

Swarm is working well, have logged a bit more than 400 hours of it so far. (In Left 4 Dead versus terms, that’s almost enough to be considered to be not a waste of a teammate). The best mechanics explanations for B4B are on YouTube by a player named SwingPoynt. Last night some friends and I got matched against him, at 4:48 of this stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1279614...
IMAGE(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1863929100685140269/3C2157E511494A39B22C1776175AE06D1896D4A5/?imw=1024&imh=575&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true)

We’ve also got a rudimentary MMR matchmaking system built in Discord, so you’ll be amazed how much better it is to have games where people don’t quit and the computer assigns teams to be close to even. Hit me up if you’re into that.

Keithustus wrote:

the first Swarm tournament I’ve heard of. Website: https://cybersports.live/

Well that one fell apart during the event; the head organizer had not developed a thorough plan, so delay begot delay, begot delay, until everyone was sick of it.

BUT a different, more event-experienced group, is running another tonight, and my team plays at 7pm Eastern (U.S). The event will be streamed on either the team's Youtube page or their Twitch channel, but I don't know which, plus there are four quarterfinal matches happening simultaneously so I don't know what their plan is, whether to record and broadcast matches later or what. Will post a feed once it's clear.

Live now! https://www.twitch.tv/theriptidegaming

We won first set so moving to semis.

Next, Final, championship, best of 5 matches.

Semifinal set from (February 6) Riptide Swarm Tournament 1, best of three in-game matches.

The first DLC pack released this afternoon. There are a bunch of fixes, new cards, new cleaners, new ridden, etc. Patch notes: https://back4blood.com/en-us/patch-n...

Eager to hear impressions.

Adds some more variety, but nothing earth shattering. I was confused at first, I was expecting it to be it's own mission chain, but the hives show up in the campaign levels. I don't know if I'm dumb or what, but it took my buddies and I like 10 minutes to figure it out. Also, it sort of breaks up the flow of the action. Every time you go from a level to a hive or to a deeper hive level it gives you the end of level screen and stats. Sort of makes it feel disjointed.

Hmm. Had hoped for better news. Thanks for sharing.

Self promotion! I spent a couple weeks putting this compilation together so would appreciate any views people may spare. It's always-exciting [/sarcasm] BUG-report footage: