Back 4 Blood Catch All

Coming June 22, 2021:

Sign up for the alpha now. https://back4blood.com/alpha

Is it the return of friday night zombies? That was my favorite GWJ thing, and I was very sad when vermintide and evolve never managed to bring back the magic.

From Turtle Rock Studios, the makers of L4D, we might have our next big zombie game!

News Coverage:

Hm...

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnice.

Registered for the Alpha because why not but I remember Evolve so not getting any hype for this yet.

Looks fun but just judging by the trailer, Darktide has me more excited at this time. I'll end up getting both since I love Vermintide and L4D.

I'm in.

I don't get it. The gameplay trailer looked awful IMO. I thought it was a F2P Left 4 Dead knock off until I looked it up.

Hopefully the actual game is more impressive. I loved L4D and I was even into Evolve for those 2 weeks when people played it.

I’m definitely going to pick this up when it eventually comes out,

For the here and now, another suggestion is World War Z. It is on both console and PC GamePass and has crossplay so it is low investment to try out. I haven”t tried the versus multiplayer, but the co-op campaigns feel a LOT like Left 4 Dead, but with classes and some light skill and weapon progression.

*Legion* wrote:

I don't get it. The gameplay trailer looked awful IMO. I thought it was a F2P Left 4 Dead knock off until I looked it up.

Hopefully the actual game is more impressive. I loved L4D and I was even into Evolve for those 2 weeks when people played it.

Yeah the gameplay trailer just made it look like they're making L4D again. We don't need that, we need something new to add to the formula.

Heck f*cking yes I will play this game every night for a while.

Emmes wrote:

Is it the return of friday night zombies? That was my favorite GWJ thing, and I was very sad when vermintide and evolve never managed to bring back the magic.

We've been playing Vermintide on Sundays with Twitch integration. I friended you on Steam and we can def play together!

Jasonofindy wrote:

I’m definitely going to pick this up when it eventually comes out,

For the here and now, another suggestion is World War Z. It is on both console and PC GamePass and has crossplay so it is low investment to try out. I haven”t tried the versus multiplayer, but the co-op campaigns feel a LOT like Left 4 Dead, but with classes and some light skill and weapon progression.

World War Z is quite underrated. Being an Epic exclusive at a time when people were really rabble-rabble about that and having the title tied in to a movie which had come and gone years before killed it, unfortunately.

Agreed, WWZ is a good Zombie horde shooter. Has good depth and that overwhelming feel when the horde lets loose.

whispa wrote:

Looks fun but just judging by the trailer, Darktide has me more excited at this time. I'll end up getting both since I love Vermintide and L4D.

Vermintide (1+2) was my go-to game for a couple of years, and I'm definitely also looking forward to Darktide. Is there a catchall for it yet?

*Legion* wrote:

I don't get it. The gameplay trailer looked awful IMO.

I'm trusting that Turtle Rock Studios will put together something good, compared to the pre-alpha gameplay footage, though I admit evolve looked so clunky that I never played the release. Definitely will be expecting more from alpha and beta gameplay.

Amoebic wrote:

We've been playing Vermintide on Sundays with Twitch integration. I friended you on Steam and we can def play together! :)

I'll look for you! I've been retired for about a year, so my heroes are only 35, and I never quite managed to clear cataclysm consistently. My #1 biggest problem is that I'm on pacific time, and can't consistently get online before 8:30pm on a regular basis.

Emmes wrote:
whispa wrote:

Looks fun but just judging by the trailer, Darktide has me more excited at this time. I'll end up getting both since I love Vermintide and L4D.

Vermintide (1+2) was my go-to game for a couple of years, and I'm definitely also looking forward to Darktide. Is there a catchall for it yet?

Here you go

Closed Alpha Briefing trailer.

I've dabbled in some of World War Z and other games, but they fail to grab that same L4D magic. I'm hopeful on this one.

Play test only on PC. Damn. Still I’m hopeful. It’s looking good.

Is the closed test on Steam? I'm assuming it's too late to join in?

I have 2 closed alpha invite codes for Steam I can give out. PM me if interested and usual rules apply. The test starts tomorrow and ends in 5 days apparently.

EDIT: All taken!

Sent you a PM whispa

I loved our L4D and L4D2 nights! I would be down to see if this has enough new stuff going on to keep a new group going.

anyone trying this out tonight? I should be on around 10pm EST

My Internet went out with storm. Hopefully I get it back in the next day or two.

Me? Annoyed that I haven’t gotten a Back 4 Blood key (yet?). In the meantime little in life makes me happier than this:

Players will take control of those special mutations in Back 4 Blood’s player-vs-player mode, and the Ridden will have their own set of perk cards designed to keep the action fresh and keep Cleaners guessin

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/17/2...

Meanwhile I watched the livestream today which was okay but nothing major learned.

Still waiting to hear how the versus will work, as someone with thousands and thousands of hours in versus, a lot of that in competitive ladders and tournaments, the ONLY thing I really want them to improve is matchmaking. Currently too much time is spent jumping from versus lobby to versus lobby trying to find a worthwhile game, and I can’t do that like when L4D 1 and 2 were newer. If they added a queue system like other games so you could start versus with any combination of 1-4 players and be hooked up with similarly skilled opponents the game would never ever be stopped being played.

I'll be around tonight to check it out.

I was too slow! Interested in grabbing a key or friend code if others have any available. Grabt! thank you!

Amoebic, I can hook you up. I'll send you a DM.

I got a code that I thought was to register for the alpha. Then I created an account, and then went through a little hassle to get the six-digit confirmation code to complete account creation. Now I'm wondering if the original code I got didn't take maybe? Or was that code required to even register in the first place?

I missed the entirety of the L4D phenomenon, having played it very meekly for maybe a half hour ever. I'm usually a bit shy to get into multiplayer stuff but hell, I'll give it a shot.

Anyone around tonight to play? Around 10pm EST? This game really needs co-op players that work together

My signup sheet

Maybe, they're doing stress tests right now so hopping in for that!

More detailed card mechanics https://www.fanbyte.com/guides/back-...