Genshin Impact Gacha-of-the-Wild All

Tscott wrote:

So... looks like I'm loaded with support characters?

Bennett is kind of jack of all trades, master of all. He will deal plenty of damage for you early, and you can gear him as a dps for later until you have other options. You should be getting Xiangling soon, so that will also help to cover your dps needs. Xiangling, Bennett, and Xingqiu is crazy strong as a starting core to a team.

Keep in mind that this all of this team composition talk is mostly just for fun. You can easily clear all of the story content with just the free characters. There's nothing seriously challenging until you get to AR 40+ domains and Spiral Abyss in the end game.

Dyni wrote:
Tscott wrote:

So... looks like I'm loaded with support characters?

Bennett is kind of jack of all trades, master of all. He will deal plenty of damage for you early, and you can gear him as a dps for later until you have other options. You should be getting Xiangling soon, so that will also help to cover your dps needs. Xiangling, Bennett, and Xingqiu is crazy strong as a starting core to a team.

Keep in mind that this all of this team composition talk is mostly just for fun. You can easily clear all of the story content with just the free characters. There's nothing seriously challenging until you get to AR 40+ domains and Spiral Abyss in the end game.

Cool. I did a first attempt at floor one of the Abyss last night before I made my wishes, but was too slow to move on to floor 2. I need to clear floor 3 to unlock Xiangling, so I'm fairly close to getting her as long as I can speed up my damage in fights.

I was watching a video on how to get Bennett and Sucrose working together last night when I couldn't sleep and now I'm thinking I should be trying to get Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqiu and Sucrose built up for a general all-purpose party. I hope I have enough XP books...

Tscott wrote:

I was watching a video on how to get Bennett and Sucrose working together last night when I couldn't sleep and now I'm thinking I should be trying to get Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqiu and Sucrose built up for a general all-purpose party. I hope I have enough XP books...

Sucrose is a great character, but I'd recommend spending some time playing around with her to see how you like her. I didn't enjoy her much at very early levels. Her skill cooldown is long and her burst energy cost is quite high. She really starts to shine with one or two constellation levels and an armor set that you won't be able to get until AR40.

You could also consider throwing Kaeya in that 4th slot. His skill and burst are great for setting up freezes with Xinqui or melts alongside your two pyro users.

So thinking of dl'ing this. Is there a certain server I should join or anything? Any promos to get extra stuff at startup?

ukickmydog wrote:

So thinking of dl'ing this. Is there a certain server I should join or anything? Any promos to get extra stuff at startup?

America server if you want to team up with us (once you hit world level 16). No extra promos for new players, other than the permanent ones, and the occasional extra code or event that pops up, which applies to everyone. Usually one of us will drop those here when they come up.

Edit:

Here's one right now!

New code for 60 primogems
TT7BVJNPL249

Mantid wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:

So thinking of dl'ing this. Is there a certain server I should join or anything? Any promos to get extra stuff at startup?

America server if you want to team up with us (once you hit world level 16). No extra promos for new players, other than the permanent ones, and the occasional extra code or event that pops up, which applies to everyone. Usually one of us will drop those here when they come up.

Edit:

Here's one right now!

New code for 60 primogems
TT7BVJNPL249

Thanks. Is the compatibility between playing on PC and phone pretty seamless? Meaning can I play on PC at home but also log in and play on my phone when out and it is the same save file, etc.?

ukickmydog wrote:

Thanks. Is the compatibility between playing on PC and phone pretty seamless? Meaning can I play on PC at home but also log in and play on my phone when out and it is the same save file, etc.?

Yes, very seamless. I do most of challenging stuff on PC and finish the dailies on my phone sitting on my couch.

The touch controls aren't very good, but they added controller support in one of the recent patches. I just got a $10 clip to mount my iPhone on a PS4 controller. The only minor annoyance is needing to go into options to change to controller every time I boot up Genshin.

So right now there is a bug that respawns resources a few time if you simply teleport away. Just wish there was some resource I felt like I need to farm right now.

Mantid wrote:

So right now there is a bug that respawns resources a few time if you simply teleport away. Just wish there was some resource I felt like I need to farm right now. :?

Does that include crystal ore?

zeroKFE wrote:
Mantid wrote:

So right now there is a bug that respawns resources a few time if you simply teleport away. Just wish there was some resource I felt like I need to farm right now. :?

Does that include crystal ore?

I know the ore I farmed early yesterday were back by that night, so yeah, although I'm still unclear exactly how this bug triggers, if it can be forced to trigger.

Mantid wrote:
zeroKFE wrote:
Mantid wrote:

So right now there is a bug that respawns resources a few time if you simply teleport away. Just wish there was some resource I felt like I need to farm right now. :?

Does that include crystal ore?

I know the ore I farmed early yesterday were back by that night, so yeah, although I'm still unclear exactly how this bug triggers, if it can be forced to trigger. :?

That explains the extra lampgrass / windwheel asters in the same spot I thought I already grabbed. Good for the 100 local specialties for the weekly battlepass points, i guess.

Well, my three day timers for ore will be up this evening, so I suppose I'll either test later tonight or tomorrow.

So I hit lvl 10 and went straight to the wishes and got a 5-star character on 3rd roll, Qiqi. She any good? Seems like a medic.

She's very solid early on, and will serve you well as your healer for the majority of the game (or all of it, if you never get interested in pushing the hardest combat challenges). You will also eventually get Barbara, who is the guaranteed healer for free to play players, but if you've got Qiqi you should definitely use her.

That said, if you ever roll a Bennett or a Jean, they generally fill the healer role more than well enough but provide a lot more extra utility than either Qiqi or Barbara, and in late/end game scenarios Diona often also fits a bit better into many team setups.

EDIT: Either way, getting any 5 star that early is a great roll, and she'll add a lot to your team. That said, you will see a lot of people talking Qiqi down -- mostly because at this point, most talk is centered around being able to perform in the highest challenge level of end game content, which might as well be a different game than what you'll be enjoying for dozens (or more) of hours, where Qiqi will be great.

Just... maybe don't invest in her too much beyond like level 60 or so, until you have a better idea of the full scope of characters that will eventually be available to you.

zeroKFE wrote:

Just... maybe don't invest in her too much beyond like level 60 or so, until you have a better idea of the full scope of characters that will eventually be available to you.

This is good advice. I have a C2 Qiqi who I use when I want to face-tank Childe or some other equally ridiculous laziness. She's only lvl 61 and still provides intense overhealing when her abilities are active. As far as talents, 1/6/6 is likely all you'd ever need.

I use her at least once a week on Mondays.
- For the 100 Liyue specialties, which she can track
- For the Childe bossfight because of the aforementioned laziness

Thanks for the talk on Qiqi. I got her and Diona recently and was just wondering why I would bother. It looks like the answer is mostly for someone at AR 55, it's not worth it except to collect items around Liyue, especially since I have Jean and Bennett both all at level 80, and Barbara at something like 70, maybe 80.

No mention of the unstoppable healing-tank Noelle?! For shame!

Ok, so here's my impressions on the healer characters, but I'm going to preface with saying I only have half of them, so I may be mistaken on Qiqi, Jean, and... Bennett, the four star hero that has so far eluded me.

No character in Genshin impact is useless, it just some require more work and luck to get up to speed than others. The late game challenges are all geared toward time challenges, so DPS is king. This puts healers into a particular position because they are important to keep your team running, but if that healer needs to remain on the field to heal, you are likely losing out on damage.

So here's my impressions of the six healers in the game.

Qiqi and Barbara are the two characters who's abilities gear them toward being pure healers. Both of them have an elemental skill that gives your active character healing over time and can heal the entire party of they remain on the field. This can make both of them pretty tanky since they are healing as they attack. Barbara's gives the active character hydro status, which can harmlessly remove pyro or electro from you, but can easily result negative elemental reactions on you later, so it has it draw backs. Both are useful for healing overtime in the late game, but their team healing requires them to remain on the field, they aren't the best choices for full team healing.

Qiqi and Barbara's bursts are very different, however. Qiqi places tailsmans on nearby enemies with heal the active character's HP if they hit that enemy with an attack. Barbara's is a single burst heal on the entire team. Both bursts cost the same amount of energy, so unless you have a team that needs cyro damage from Qiqi's talismans, Barbara probably has the better burst since she is a one-and-done for the entire team.

Both Qiqi and Barbara have passive stat bonuses that feed into their healing too, but it should be noted that Qiqi's is ATK, so building her for DPS is somewhat viable, however the base damage she does with her attacks is the second lowest of all the sword users in the game (Albedo is the lowest) and her abilities aren't geared toward dealing large amounts of damage, so even built for DPS, using her on the field in late game challenges can still drag your damage down. Because of her team-wide burst healing, I'd consider Barbara the better choice between the two, especially if you give her some energy recharge (which you should for all your burst supports).

Noelle and Diona are the shielding supports who both offer healing. Their elemental skills give shield which can go a long ways towards your team not needing as much healing to begin with. Both shields can be pretty potent, Diona's having a short recharge time, and Noelle's possibly creating elemental crystals that offer additional shielding after it wears off. If you leave Noelle on the field, all of her hits while inside her shield can heal the entire team.

Their bursts are two very different things, however. Diona creates a field that does healing over time as well as cyro damage, where Noelle's allows her sword to hit THE ENTIRE PLANET! Ok, maybe not, but it gives her a very wide attack range. If you get Noelle to C1, every attack that hits while both her skill shield and her burst are active heals the entire team, so popping both and using her charge attack (which hits quicker than her normal attacks) can heal your team very quickly.

Noelle is also notable for also being a tank. Not only does she have a shield that can heal her, she gets a passive bonus to DEF at higher levels, and her shield and her healing both scale off DEF, which means she can be very hard to kill if built for defense. Even better, while using her burst, she gets a bonus to ATK based on DEF, which is increased even more at C6, at which point the amount of damage and healing she can do is quite viable for late game challenges.

That said, Diona's near constant shielding is just as good late game, since you will need less healing to start with.

Jean and Bennett both offer healing over time fields, just like Diona's burst, but they have additional benefits. Bennett gives any active character in his field an ATK bonus, making him one of the more important characters late game, where high damage is king. Jean's, on the other hand heals your entire team in a burst heal (it's base is about half of Barbara's taking all base character bonuses) before laying down a healing over time field that does damage to enemies entering or exiting it. Their burst don't offer any direct protection ro healing, but rather do some damage and, in Jean's skill specifically, some crowd control.

So to answer the question: If you like her and want to play her, she will take a bit more work than other characters to be viable in the late game challenges, but she is still one of the tanker, team-wide healers and the second most adorable one (after Diona).

A few small notes to add with respect to Qiqi vs Barbara:

Qiqi's big advantage is that once a talisman is applied, she no longer has to stay on field to cause team healing, which means she takes less time away from your ability to deal damage with others. Also, while Barbara's big burst heal is stronger, it's often much more than needed -- assuming you get her sufficient energy regen (a problem shared by both), Qiqi should be able to provide more than sufficient healing while taking less field time.

That said, all other things being equal, early on I'd probably invest in whichever works better with your teams in terms of elemental synergy, with maybe a slight preference for Qiqi due to her mechanics. (For example, if you're using Kaeya, would you like to have the tools to set up a freeze team with Barbara's water, or a huge crit buff from a double cryo team?)

EDIT: You're a lot more likely to get constellations for Barbara though! (Unless you're cursed like me, and get Qiqi on every 50/50 pity pull.)

Well like I said, I don't have Qiqi, so I have no experience playing her. Her talismans only heal the active party member, rather than the entire team if she isn't the one dealing damage, right?

Mantid wrote:

Well like I said, I don't have Qiqi, so I have no experience playing her. Her talismans only heal the active party member, rather than the entire team if she isn't the one dealing damage, right?

That's correct... I think? I don't really use her that much either.

Either way, it's been more than sufficient when I have used her.

Apparently this code is still active for those who are newer to the game:

GENSHINGIFT
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

These two were posted on the previous page, in case ukick or anyone else missed them:
SBNBUK67M37Z
GS6ACJ775KNV

Mantid wrote:

Apparently this code is still active for those who are newer to the game:

GENSHINGIFT
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

These two were posted on the previous page, in case ukick or anyone else missed them:
SBNBUK67M37Z
GS6ACJ775KNV

IMAGE(https://www.welcome2stmarks.com/uploads/1/3/6/7/13678568/253778005.jpg)

Dyni wrote:
ukickmydog wrote:

Thanks. Is the compatibility between playing on PC and phone pretty seamless? Meaning can I play on PC at home but also log in and play on my phone when out and it is the same save file, etc.?

Yes, very seamless. I do most of challenging stuff on PC and finish the dailies on my phone sitting on my couch.

The touch controls aren't very good, but they added controller support in one of the recent patches. I just got a $10 clip to mount my iPhone on a PS4 controller. The only minor annoyance is needing to go into options to change to controller every time I boot up Genshin.

No Android controller support yet.

There's no option in my phone and googling it seems to indicate that only iPhones got controller support, which is really annoying.

Finally finished Bennett's story, the last of the hangouts for me.

Dude needs to stop watching clickbait Youtube videos and run his adventure rank ascension quests -- raising world level is not a "trap."

Also, if all he has access to is one star teammates like Jack and Rufus, he really ought to just hyper invest in himself -- sure, people think of him as an S-tier support, but he can be a pretty solid carry as well, especially if he can get Chongyun or Xingqiu to join his team.

zeroKFE wrote:

Dude needs to stop watching clickbait Youtube videos and run his adventure rank ascension quests -- raising world level is not a "trap." :P

Speaking of that... I just got to AR25, and there's a quest to raise the world level. Can I still advance in AR ranks before this quest is done?

And anyone have any tips for those rubiks cube looking guys that open up and spin around and nearly wipe my party before I can run away and recoup? (...something hippocampus...) Apparently I need to be able to kill these guys for material so I can level past 40- and I'd like to be able to do that before I raise my world level.

Tscott wrote:

And anyone have any tips for those rubiks cube looking guys that open up and spin around and nearly wipe my party before I can run away and recoup? (...something hippocampus...) Apparently I need to be able to kill these guys for material so I can level past 40- and I'd like to be able to do that before I raise my world level.

Yeah, the Hypostases can be a pain until you learn their patterns, then they start to get to be pretty easy. I'm not sure which one you are fighting, but they all have one or two attacks to really watch out for:

The ameno (blue) cube has a couple attacks to look out for: It has one that opens up and sucks you in, you'll want to dash outside of that radius to avoid a big hit at the end. It also has one where it sucks in the orbs it drops following it tornado attack before sending out a shockwave, which can one-shot some characters, especially early in the game. I'm told you can jump over them, but it's much easier to just run away, a very good ways away, as it does cover a large area. When you nearly kill it, it will spawn four updrafts and orbs in the air. Make sure to collect the orbs or it will heal after a bit. If it heals, it's next healing phase will only have as many orbs as you left uncollected.

The electro (purple) cube's two big attacks are where it opens up and creates a spinning circle of lasers. You can either just run around and stay out of the lasers or you can dash into the middle of the cubes and take the chance to deal damage to the core; you just have to be ready to dash away once the purple pattern on the ground disappears or you'll get hit and the cube comes together. It's other big attack is where it throws a circle (hexagon?) of pillars around you then rains lightning down. When this attack starts, you can try to dash out of the area before the pillars complete the trap, then deal damage to the core. If you end up trapped, it is possible to destroy a pillar to escape (destroying a pillar also nets an achievement, regardless of which side you are in). When you nearly kill it, it will spawn three lightning cubes that can only be damaged by elemental damage. Again it will heal if you don't destroy them quickly enough. Any destroyed healing cubes won't respawn next time it enters it's healing phase.

The geo (brown) cube is probably the last you will encounter. I think the only big attack to worry about with it is a huge aoe from all of it's pillars. There will be a smaller, more yellow spawn that shows up by the pillar the cube is on; destroy it and it will create a protected area you can attack from during the attack, or if you have already destroyed a pillar, you can run to the area it was in to avoid the attacks. It has a healing phase like the others, with you destroying three more pillars to finish it off.

If you are still having trouble with them solo, just any of us to help. At AR25 any of us can jump in and help you gather some boss materials and walk you through the fight or any domains you might need (even at AR55, there is one domain I still struggle with solo, since it isn't friendly to the DPS characters I've built).

Speaking of that... I just got to AR25, and there's a quest to raise the world level. Can I still advance in AR ranks before this quest is done?

Since Mantid covered the cubes, I'll take this one.

You'll continue to accumulate experience even past the cap of the next level if you decide to wait, so you don't need to worry about wasting any. That said, unless you are REALLY struggling with combat, the increased rewards are generally well worth the bump in difficulty. Also, the recent update added the ability to lower your world level whenever you'd like if it gets too hard, so there's really no harm in advancing your rank whenever you get the chance now.

Tscott wrote:
zeroKFE wrote:

Dude needs to stop watching clickbait Youtube videos and run his adventure rank ascension quests -- raising world level is not a "trap." :P

Speaking of that... I just got to AR25, and there's a quest to raise the world level. Can I still advance in AR ranks before this quest is done?

Yeah. Any xp you earn will be applied after you level up your adventure rank, so you don't need to fret if you can't do the quest right away. That said, you should do it asap because you earn better rewards at higher AR.

Edit: Whoops! Guess I should try refreshing the thread before posting Zero covered it.

I think I'm doing okay with combat in general (I can kill most things I've encountered on the map, and I'm improving on time challenges when I run into them)- but when I run into those Hypostases and other similar bosses I wind up feeling completely unprepared for them.

For example I just tried to go against the Oceanid boss with my party I've built: Bennet, Xingqiu, Noelle and Sucrose. Bennet was the only one who could do any damage. Xingqiu was completely useless - which in my mind is stupid because he's the one that needs the drops from this boss to ascend - that's why I'm fighting this thing, because he's one of my most leveled characters and I want to make him stronger. Now I need to pull him from my party and add Lisa and maybe Kaeya back in even though they're not as leveled.

Also, I may look into how to lower the world level back down to 0, just for these fights until I get the materials I need to ascend my characters. Then bump it back up and do the AR25 quest.

Tscott wrote:

For example I just tried to go against the Oceanid boss with my party I've built: Bennet, Xingqiu, Noelle and Sucrose.

That's because Oceanid suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. That boss is much, much more difficult than all of the other world bosses. Even after having decently geared characters, I still regularly wiped if I didn't play it well. It's only easy for me now because I have Ganyu. She completely counters it.

Freeze can help a lot against Oceanid for mitigating damage, so you might try switching in Kaeya on that fight.

You could also focus on ascending Bennett first. The boss for that is extremely easy in comparison. As Mantid mentioned, the Hypostases can be difficult at first, but they're all about learning attack patterns. None of them are too difficult after you figure them out. Oceanid is the big outlier in terms of difficulty.