Xbox Series X|S Catch-All

I'm not super into pink, but that is a striking look.

...

What color are the analog sticks?

Vargen wrote:

What color are the analog sticks?

Same pink as body.

The controller has the same pattern as the red/blue/green ones where the back is white and the top is black and nearly everything else is the primary color.

6 am I am awake for no reason. I hear a quick buzz of an electronic thing turning on. As I get up I confirm air is flowing but the Xbox shows as off. I try to turn the Xbox one and it refuses my command. Second time it works and shuts down like normal.

Is my Xbox haunted or has it become self aware?

Stealthpizza wrote:

6 am I am awake for no reason. I hear a quick buzz of an electronic thing turning on. As I get up I confirm air is flowing but the Xbox shows as off. I try to turn the Xbox one and it refuses my command. Second time it works and shuts down like normal.

Is my Xbox haunted or has it become self aware?

My xbox one used to do this frequently, I think it is the maintein updated your games, so it turns on internally, checks games, checks if there is an update pending, downloads it, install, and then shuts off.
Its normal. It does all that without sending any video to your TV or displaying the green power on led.

Was it checking for updates?

My One used to turn itself on for no reason. I never did figure out why. I suspect it was turning itself on to check for updates, then the TV said "hey, one of the HDMI things just turned on so I should probably be on," and then the Xbox said "oh the TV is on they must not want me to shut myself back down" and then hours later someone wanders into the TV room and wonders why everything is on.

Haven't had that issue with my Series X though.

If you turn on power saving mode it "should" turn itself on far far less.

How much are the ghosts paying all of you?

I think I actually know what happened in my case. The problem came from plugging the Xbox One into a power distro that it wasn't supposed to be plugged into. The power in my aging house is pretty dirty/inconsistent. Knowing this, my wife plugged the living room TV cabinet contents into a box that cleans it up and makes it less likely to fry something with a random surge or voltage fluctuation. It turns out the power supply for the original Xbox One has similar hardware in it, and you aren't supposed to chain them together. We didn't discover that until the flaky behavior started.

Vargen wrote:

I think I actually know what happened in my case. The problem came from plugging the Xbox One into a power distro that it wasn't supposed to be plugged into. The power in my aging house is pretty dirty/inconsistent. Knowing this, my wife plugged the living room TV cabinet contents into a box that cleans it up and makes it less likely to fry something with a random surge or voltage fluctuation. It turns out the power supply for the original Xbox One has similar hardware in it, and you aren't supposed to chain them together. We didn't discover that until the flaky behavior started.

Power conditioner are alright but for the cost I suggest just getting UPSs to run valuable electronics off of. I have three of them with one for my main PC, one for my gaming corner in my office, and one for all the networking stuff in the top of our hall closet. The TV in the living room is not on one because if it get fried I will finally have an excuse to get rid of it (it is fine as a display but the smart features suck).

This was part of a PA system that was surplussed from our local university. Nobody else at the auction knew the value of the gear. Cost was very much not an issue.

We've got UPS systems in lots of other places.

So, with Starfield off the table, what's Microsoft's big holiday game? Something from Activision maybe?

But, all the Activision games coming out in the near future are probably locked into contracts that keep them from being console exclusive.

Does Microsoft have any big exclusive games coming out for the holiday season? Maybe Microsoft is going to dump Activision Blizzard's whole catalog on Gamepass over the next six months and argue that that's their value proposition for the holiday season.

Gamepass has been feeling kind of thin lately. There's been content, but nothing to get really excited about.

polq37 wrote:

Does Microsoft have any big exclusive games coming out for the holiday season? Maybe Microsoft is going to dump Activision Blizzard's whole catalog on Gamepass over the next six months and argue that that's their value proposition for the holiday season.

I'm not sure, but does it really matter at this point? Even if God of War Ragnarok and another big Sony exclusive hit this year, it's not going to impact Xbox sales in any way because it's still impossible to find a PS5 without immense effort and luck, and it doesn't look like that's going to be changing anytime soon.

polq37 wrote:

Gamepass has been feeling kind of thin lately. There's been content, but nothing to get really excited about.

We're less than a month out from the big summer showcase. I'm guessing they're holding plenty of big Game Pass reveals for that.

Fable maybe? Don't think it is due in 2022 though. Stalker 2 is an exclusive but I don't think it has a big enough fan base to count as a big tent pole game. With Starfield delayed the rest of this year is looking like pile clearing time and Switch games for me.

Fable is probably a couple of years out.

I think Atomic Heart was supposed to come out around fall, but given world circumstances, I doubt we will see it this year.

I would guess that development on Stalker 2 has been pretty disrupted as well.

Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo will be out of exclusivity by Microsoft's showcase. Not huge, but definitely noteworthy.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the new Forza Motorsport showed up with a fall release date and some onstage gameplay.

I hope to see Hellblade 2 with a release date. I adored the first, and I just played it recently. If you haven't, that game with headphones is quite the experience.

I'd love to see an update on Atomic Heart, maybe finally Severed Steel will come to consoles.

With their acquisitions over the past few years, I am hopeful they've got a decent fall / winter lineup.

Does Microsoft have any big exclusive games coming out for the holiday season? Maybe Microsoft is going to dump Activision Blizzard's whole catalog on Gamepass over the next six months and argue that that's their value proposition for the holiday season

Not sure why people don't believe Microsoft when they say they aren't focused on exclusives like Sony. We keep expecting them to try and compete with Sony's AAA releases and its just not gonna happen. Microsoft is about selling subscriptions to Game Pass.. They might have a lull every now and then because of game delays but given how much $$ Microsoft makes overall they can afford to play the long game.