WoW: Shadowlands

Note that "gear up" can mean different things depending on who you're running with. If you're in with a group of friends who are happy to do repeated attempts and really learn the fights and execute them well then your gear needs will be a lot lower. If your group wants to stand in bad things and just overpower the fights then you'll need much better stuff.

The amount of fun Torghast is depends a great deal on your class and whether or not they were actually given fun/effective anima powers.

Warlock is completely easy mode. With Demonology I was able to solo all of Twisting Corridors, and get the Maw mount first week it was up (I was worried they were going to nerf Warlock anima powers because they seemed so overpowered.)

It was a trudge and could be difficult to get rolling at times, but the final boss of the final layer died in under a minute. Anima powers had the Wrathguard at close to 3 million HP, and summoning 6 Tyrants at a time. I tried Twisting Corridors in groups a few times, but failing due to someone else dying over and over pissed me off more than it being my fault alone. I had one guy purposely kill himself repeatedly just for kicks because someone was critical of how he handled a trap. That was a frustrating hour and a half lost for nothing.

I have not been back to Twisting Corridors since that week. The mount is nice, especially since it is accessible by all alts, and makes the Maw far more tolerable. One great side effect is that after doing 18 floors, the 6 floors of regular Torghast seems to go by in a flash

hmmmm... I've gotta get my Warlock to max level now

I got to carry a 5-person group through half of the soul ash farming tonight. First four Anima caches were the one that makes my Monk's heal do a short AOE DOT proportional to the heal value. Everything just kinda melted.

From a dungeon I caught these 2 getting blown off after they had already been blown off once before.

Have not played a tank since Vanilla and man for a casual it’s way more fun to play a tank than a dps class. My queues are instant and my listings for pug groups get filled immediately. I ran all 5 time walking dungeons this week in like 45 minutes.

TheGameguru wrote:

Have not played a tank since Vanilla and man for a casual it’s way more fun to play a tank than a dps class. My queues are instant and my listings for pug groups get filled immediately. I ran all 5 time walking dungeons this week in like 45 minutes.

Not to mention you can pull almost infinite mobs without slowing down too much.

lunchbox12682 wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

Have not played a tank since Vanilla and man for a casual it’s way more fun to play a tank than a dps class. My queues are instant and my listings for pug groups get filled immediately. I ran all 5 time walking dungeons this week in like 45 minutes.

Not to mention you can pull almost infinite mobs without slowing down too much.

I dislike playing a tank while I'm doing WQs, etc, out in the world for reasons that don't make much sense to anyone but me, I suppose.

But after dying over and over again last night -- i158 for a ret noob is apparently like lining your windows with tinfoil -- I might have to rethink that.

Meanwhile, the news is starting to emerge from BlizzCon, and the one everyone is all EEEEEEEEEE!!!! about is flying. It's coming in Patch 9.1 to the four existing SL zones (Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald and Revendreth) but not the Maw or any other new zones.

Requirements TBA. I'm going to assume it has something to w rep and exploration per usual until I hear otherwise.

Enix wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

Have not played a tank since Vanilla and man for a casual it’s way more fun to play a tank than a dps class. My queues are instant and my listings for pug groups get filled immediately. I ran all 5 time walking dungeons this week in like 45 minutes.

Not to mention you can pull almost infinite mobs without slowing down too much.

I dislike playing a tank while I'm doing WQs, etc, out in the world for reasons that don't make much sense to anyone but me, I suppose.

But after dying over and over again last night -- i158 for a ret noob is apparently like lining your windows with tinfoil -- I might have to rethink that.

Meanwhile, the news is starting to emerge from BlizzCon, and the one everyone is all EEEEEEEEEE!!!! about is flying. It's coming in Patch 9.1 to the four existing SL zones (Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald and Revendreth) but not the Maw or any other new zones.

Requirements TBA. I'm going to assume it has something to w rep and exploration per usual until I hear otherwise.

New zones? Interesting.
I think flying is necessary, but there also needs to be either a second hearthstone, like one to covenant and one to where ever, or flight paths need to skip the central hub.

Enix wrote:

I dislike playing a tank while I'm doing WQs, etc, out in the world for reasons that don't make much sense to anyone but me, I suppose.

But after dying over and over again last night -- i158 for a ret noob is apparently like lining your windows with tinfoil -- I might have to rethink that.

For what it's worth, I've found that questing as a Protection Paladin is a lot more agreeable than questing as a Brewmaster or Guardian. The Paladin's tank kit seems better suited to soloing.

lunchbox12682 wrote:

New zones? Interesting.

They've been saying that ever since they started talking about the contents of this expansion. They keep saying that there are countless afterlife realms and I'm pretty sure they explicitly said we'll be visiting more of them as the expansion progresses. The only question I have is whether or not they'll include a new one in 9.1 or if they'll wait until .2 like they usually do. I sort of expect a new realm with every major content patch this time out, but that isn't due to anything they've promised. It just seems like this expansion is set up for new zones a little better than most.

Hopefully they are less windy and have less dead ends in the new zones.
I had a hard time picking a zone to level up my alt(s) to 60 because I like the themes of them but the flow and movement of them are too disjointed. They needed to give us a climb up ability or stairs, or elevators or something like that.

Revendreth is full of elevators.

Seriously though, that zone flows pretty well once you learn where those elevators are.

I know what you mean about wanting a climb ability. I'm seeing a bunch of random Warlock gates around in the world, and I've definitely gotten a lot of mileage out of my Outlaw Rogue's grapple ability.

Second the protection Paladin if you want a strong tank with good dps. I’ve had no issues running WQ and all the solo content with my Paladin. If anything it’s a bit easier than most dps specs since I can easily kill elites solo. Just takes a bit longer.

Revendreth might be the best zone Blizzard has ever created. It’s amazing to look at and is filled with hidden places and interesting geometry. The mirrors are cool to as there are several you can find all around.

Shadowlands: Chains of Domination

Blizzard wrote:

an infinite pirate dragon