GWJ Strategy Gaming Group: Now Playing Qvadriga

Same: Qvadriga

I'm going to be the contrarian and vote Frostpunk.

Though if Qvadriga wins it looks like a lot of fun.

I'll go Frostpunk too

Sure, I'll go Frostpunk too.

Wow! Looks like quite a… race?

Robear wrote:

Qvadriga - I wanna see everyone moaning about losing their best driver to a rock thrown by a spectator with 1000 Aureus on the line... :-)

Voting Qvadriga, because of Robear's description upthread.

I'll vote for Frostpunk.

I'm up for trying Frostpunk on PS4.

It looks like a two-horse race... I'll go with one of my initial picks - Frostpunk

Frostpunk

Frostpunk is just so dark. And I usually *like* dark… Sigh. I can see my virtual Mediterranean vacation slipping away…

I'll help out Robear and go for Qvadriga

Thank ye kindly good sir.

Frostpunk is slightly ahead but it's still a close race. So please get your votes in if you haven't done so yet!

I also wanted to give a reminder that Frostpunk is currently on sale until tomorrow morning at 9 am PST. If you don't have it, it's well worth picking up.

It was also free on Epic at some point, so it’s possible people have it and don’t realize it.

Have Frostpunk courtesy of Epic but uninstalled after I found it hard to play. I'll try again if it wins the poll lol

I have it free via Epic too. Not sure I've even installed it yet though!

I have PAX in the morning but unless another last minute vote comes in Frostpunk wins by 1 vote. I’ll create the thread in the morning.

I would also like to propose nominating Qvadriga as the Nov-Dec game due to the high interest.

I’m up for that. Thanks JD!

Link is up! I'll also promote folks when I have a better idea of who's participating.

An idea to list / put thread links to the six games played on the opening post?

I'm trying to suss out which I've played or participated in... and just being lazy not looking through all the pages.

Bubblefuzz wrote:

An idea to list / put thread links to the six games played on the opening post?

I'm trying to suss out which I've played or participated in... and just being lazy not looking through all the pages. :)

I've added the list of games we've played and will hunt down the actual links to those threads at lunch. I've also updated everyone's rankings but please let me know if I've missed anyone. Also, welcome to our new members who've joined us in Frostpunk!

jdzappa wrote:

I've added the list of games we've played and will hunt down the actual links to those threads at lunch. I've also updated everyone's rankings but please let me know if I've missed anyone. Also, welcome to our new members who've joined us in Frostpunk!

I didn't play Endless Space 2, so I should probably be demoted!

Jonman wrote:
jdzappa wrote:

I've added the list of games we've played and will hunt down the actual links to those threads at lunch. I've also updated everyone's rankings but please let me know if I've missed anyone. Also, welcome to our new members who've joined us in Frostpunk!

I didn't play Endless Space 2, so I should probably be demoted!

Maybe not because I’m planning a “retiree” group thread similar to the CRPG group. Stay tuned.

jdzappa wrote:
Bubblefuzz wrote:

An idea to list / put thread links to the six games played on the opening post?

I'm trying to suss out which I've played or participated in... and just being lazy not looking through all the pages. :)

I've added the list of games we've played and will hunt down the actual links to those threads at lunch. I've also updated everyone's rankings but please let me know if I've missed anyone. Also, welcome to our new members who've joined us in Frostpunk!

Cool. Anyone new to the thread can see what's been played... and people with poor memories (here)

So I just realized it's that time again. I'm open for voting but we also talked about selecting Qvadriga as the last game of the year since it lost by only one vote. Let me know if you guys are cool with that and I'll set up the new page later this evening.

Also, all the links of past games should be updated now.

Obviously, as the GWJ High Priest of Qvadriga, I'm good with that. But I'm open to whatever you folks want.

I think that’s fine.

Oh, I think I need to say this. The game is set in the Roman empire and does involve violence and death, including directed at horses. If that's an issue for you, then this may not be the game for you. It's not gratuitous, it's a fairly realistic depiction of the races, but all the same, it's there. This was a blood sport.

Pretend they are just wounded but will recover in time and live their dream life after. Like the Dilbert nun in a snow bank.