Minneapolis/St Paul Gwjers please check in

With the Riots and violence going, figured this would be a good thing to have. Please check in, and if you are close to where stuff is going down and you need anything, please ask! I am in the suburbs so we are safe.

Also in the suburbs, so fine. Everything here was shut down around 6:00 yesterday even though we're ~20 minutes from the hotspots in both Minneapolis and St. Paul.

There is a protest planned for Bloomington tonight at 8 pm, and based on the flyer that I saw there is a potential for violence. The meeting location is 2 miles from my house.

Hey, thanks for starting this. I live in downtown St. Paul, it's been fairly quiet here. No protests, one small grocery store was broken into Friday morning. Went to help clean up on Lake Street today and almost everything was picked up by the time we got there.

Took an hour+ to drive back home, so many people were trying to pass by the area. Stay safe everyone.

They also had 35w and 35e, 94 and 55 shut down over night. Glad you are safe.

Same to you. I've been helping make some food for protesters and people who are out at 38th and Chicago. There's a lot less tension around, which is nice. Still haven't really made it to a protest, between graduate classes and all of the continuing confusion on what is going on.

Several neighbors have been posting pictures of cars without license plates, that side of this has been really spooky.

The minneapolis city council hasvoted to disband the police. They are going to replace it with something but who know how that will work. 46 officers have already taken early retirement, and 14 more have quit.

Rainsmercy wrote:

The minneapolis city council hasvoted to disband the police. They are going to replace it with something but who know how that will work. 46 officers have already taken early retirement, and 14 more have quit.

Well, one precinct got burned down. Time for the rest to go.

The MPD is corrupt, and hitting reboot seems like the only fix.

Honestly, they sound more like a mafia than a police force. They've been running protection rackets on the city council!

Malor wrote:

Honestly, they sound more like a mafia than a police force. They've been running protection rackets on the city council!

Uniformed officers slashed tires on parked vehicles at protests. Because of "safety".

Two law enforcement agencies acknowledged Monday that officers patrolling Minneapolis during the recent protests knifed the tires of numerous vehicles parked and unoccupied in at least two locations.

Video and photo images posted on the news outlet Mother Jones show officers in military-style uniforms puncturing tires in the Kmart parking lot at Lake Street and Nicollet Avenue on May 30.

Photos and video at S. Washington Avenue at Interstate 35W, also showed officers with knives puncturing the tires of two unoccupied cars with repeated jabs on May 31. Department of Public Safety spokesman Bruce Gordon acknowledged that the tires were cut.

“State Patrol troopers strategically deflated tires ... in order to stop behaviors such as vehicles driving dangerously and at high speeds in and around protesters and law enforcement,” he said.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
Malor wrote:

Honestly, they sound more like a mafia than a police force. They've been running protection rackets on the city council!

Uniformed officers slashed tires on parked vehicles at protests. Because of "safety".

Two law enforcement agencies acknowledged Monday that officers patrolling Minneapolis during the recent protests knifed the tires of numerous vehicles parked and unoccupied in at least two locations.

Video and photo images posted on the news outlet Mother Jones show officers in military-style uniforms puncturing tires in the Kmart parking lot at Lake Street and Nicollet Avenue on May 30.

Photos and video at S. Washington Avenue at Interstate 35W, also showed officers with knives puncturing the tires of two unoccupied cars with repeated jabs on May 31. Department of Public Safety spokesman Bruce Gordon acknowledged that the tires were cut.

“State Patrol troopers strategically deflated tires ... in order to stop behaviors such as vehicles driving dangerously and at high speeds in and around protesters and law enforcement,” he said.

It's almost like it isn't policing at all......Hmm wonder why we need new PD?

They really need to get rid of the Police Union president Bob KKKroll.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
Malor wrote:

Honestly, they sound more like a mafia than a police force. They've been running protection rackets on the city council!

Uniformed officers slashed tires on parked vehicles at protests. Because of "safety".

Two law enforcement agencies acknowledged Monday that officers patrolling Minneapolis during the recent protests knifed the tires of numerous vehicles parked and unoccupied in at least two locations.

Video and photo images posted on the news outlet Mother Jones show officers in military-style uniforms puncturing tires in the Kmart parking lot at Lake Street and Nicollet Avenue on May 30.

Photos and video at S. Washington Avenue at Interstate 35W, also showed officers with knives puncturing the tires of two unoccupied cars with repeated jabs on May 31. Department of Public Safety spokesman Bruce Gordon acknowledged that the tires were cut.

“State Patrol troopers strategically deflated tires ... in order to stop behaviors such as vehicles driving dangerously and at high speeds in and around protesters and law enforcement,” he said.

Wouldn't be shocked if the city had them do that to try to draw rioters to that f*cking Kmart so they would burn the damn thing down.

Honestly, the fact that it's still standing tells me the people setting fires definitely weren't from the area.