CoD: Warzone - Catch All

Don't forget that we have a GWJ discord. We normally jump into one of the shooter channels when wanting to group up.

Duo's are in*!

*Plunder mode only

Mid season update:

WARZONE:

The ability to view available XP tokens is not visible in the Warzone Menu. This has been fixed.
After being brought back into the match, a player was in a state where they couldn't interact with the team’s loadout drop, and they had the revive prompt on them even though they were alive. This has been fixed
Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle
We’ve added the cargo truck back into BR Solos with reduced turning speed, acceleration, and top speed
Moved the scoreboard to be visible in the pause menu
Fix for an issue where the After-Action Report was not displaying the total team earnings
Fixed a bug where players were unable to equip Armor Plates while Dead Silence is activated
New item – Armor Satchel – finding one of these allows you to carry up to 8 armor plates instead of 5. These drop on death and can be looted by other players. These do not contain any armor plates by default, only increase the player carry amount. Guaranteed reward upon completing Scavenger contracts (replaces Gas Mask as the guaranteed item)
Gas mask will remain rare in loot and purchasable at the Buy Station.
Plunder: Plunder Rating
When you finish a match of plunder you’re now given a rating in the form of a coin. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and more! The more cash your team collected the cooler the coin. Get above 3.5 Million to find out the highest rating!

Anyone have any tips on getting better at this game? I'm learning a lot about positioning but I'm still prettttyyy awful all things considered.

IceManIsaaac on youtube explains how he plays and what he does really well.

Autos in the Gulag completely ruin the fun of it. That's all.

EvilDead wrote:

Autos in the Gulag completely ruin the fun of it. That's all.

To each their own, but I disagree. Makes it more like Gunfight.

ranalin wrote:
EvilDead wrote:

Autos in the Gulag completely ruin the fun of it. That's all.

To each their own, but I disagree. Makes it more like Gunfight.

There were guns before so I don't know what that means. Anyways prior it was a nice change of pace from the main game. It felt more cat and mouse with tactical reloads. It kind of reminded me of the old Goldeneye "pistols only" days. Now with rapid fire, large clips, and increased damage range it's first hit gets the kill most of the time. For what it's worth not a single random I played with, last night, liked the changes either.

Edit: This sums it up in more words.

EvilDead wrote:
ranalin wrote:
EvilDead wrote:

Autos in the Gulag completely ruin the fun of it. That's all.

To each their own, but I disagree. Makes it more like Gunfight.

There were guns before so I don't know what that means. Anyways prior it was a nice change of pace from the main game. It felt more cat and mouse with tactical reloads. It kind of reminded me of the old Goldeneye "pistols only" days. Now with rapid fire, large clips, and increased damage range it's first hit gets the kill most of the time. For what it's worth not a single random I played with, last night, liked the changes either.

Edit: This sums it up in more words.

Gunfight is a mode in the base game where you have random weapons and fight 2v2 in small maps (one of them being a version of the Gulag.) Actually one of my favorite parts of this iteration of CoD. Especially the tournaments they have.

As for the rest, my opinion is heaven forbid that people change up their tactics for the situation at hand. For now i'm taking advantage of it. Hearing a fresh set of violent curses instead the recent low key grumblings when I've won has been fun.

I hated it at first but now I found it more interesting than before, a bit more of tactic if you will. People are less aggressive I think. Is true that you have less chances to recover if you get hit.

depends on the guns and how familiar you are with them. I'm pushing super hard almost all the time now and winning most of the fights. I actually held back a bit more previously because of the 1-2 shot potential of the majority of the kits available before.

I also play on PC. Console play may be different.

ranalin wrote:

depends on the guns and how familiar you are with them. I'm pushing super hard almost all the time now and winning most of the fights. I actually held back a bit more previously because of the 1-2 shot potential of the majority of the kits available before.

I also play on PC. Console play may be different.

They match make together. Unfortunately they don't have an option for controllers only / M&K only.

EvilDead wrote:
ranalin wrote:

depends on the guns and how familiar you are with them. I'm pushing super hard almost all the time now and winning most of the fights. I actually held back a bit more previously because of the 1-2 shot potential of the majority of the kits available before.

I also play on PC. Console play may be different.

They match make together. Unfortunately they don't have an option for controllers only / M&K only.

Actually you can filter based on input types. Consoles at least can. I don't think PCs can. We have some Goodjers who straddle pc/console side and their console groups are setup to play controller only and don't like to mix in with the PC side.

ranalin wrote:
EvilDead wrote:
ranalin wrote:

depends on the guns and how familiar you are with them. I'm pushing super hard almost all the time now and winning most of the fights. I actually held back a bit more previously because of the 1-2 shot potential of the majority of the kits available before.

I also play on PC. Console play may be different.

They match make together. Unfortunately they don't have an option for controllers only / M&K only.

Actually you can filter based on input types. Consoles at least can. I don't think PCs can. We have some Goodjers who straddle pc/console side and their console groups are setup to play controller only and don't like to mix in with the PC side.

Not in Warzone, at least that I can find. When I looked it up all I found were threads complaining about it.

Edit: Now I remember. I had the option disabled but when I went to play warzone it said your current settings aren't compatible with this mode and made me re-enable cross play.

Looks like PS4 only:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...

"Some found it in the crossplay toggle within the Call of Duty settings. Here, you're able to disable crossplay, forcing you to matchmake with those on your platform only. But while this option is in the settings for all versions of the game, we've found disabling crossplay for Warzone is an exclusive feature for PS4 - despite Activision's own crossplay FAQ suggesting all players can turn it off."

I think is only available in MP not in Warzone.

Jackfrags recently did a video on the controller/m+k breakdown on PC if you're interested more in that.

Because I have 2 groups (one which is soley console and the other 50/50 split) I had a look at my own stats.
With the console group, there was on average (over 10 games) just 1.4% PC players. Where as the split group it was 28.4%. Small sample size but backs up his video. Also explains why I'm worse playing with the split group

onewild wrote:

Jackfrags recently did a video on the controller/m+k breakdown on PC if you're interested more in that.

Because I have 2 groups (one which is soley console and the other 50/50 split) I had a look at my own stats.
With the console group, there was on average (over 10 games) just 1.4% PC players. Where as the split group it was 28.4%. Small sample size but backs up his video. Also explains why I'm worse playing with the split group ;)

That's interesting. I have split groups too. Although, I believe there are a few of them that play on the Playstation with K&M. Not sure how that adds into the equation. Also I do feel like there is some type of MMR matchmaking going on. This is especially apparent in the Gulag where I was winning 95% of matches for the first 15 or so days I had played. Now it seems like water is finding it's level. Not that that is a bad thing, it makes it more interesting.

I can't turn on volume right now, what does that conclude?

Edit: Reading about it devs say it doesn't but some top players are saying yes it does..

Xace backs it up with stats

ranalin wrote:

Xace backs it up with stats

OK, that makes my trajectory make sense.

I hate the fact I have no choice but to play with PC players in Warzone on Xbox. It just stinks. Not sure why PS4 players get the option (I think they get a pop-up suggesting it but don't require it), but Xbox players either accept crossplay or GTFO.

I mean SBMM just makes sense for the majority. The ones that complain tend to be like the ones who want to be try hards/pros but also want to win 100% of games by killing all the lower skilled players. know that if every game I want into and I knew that some dude with a 4 k/d was just going to win everytime, I would have stopped playing because that isnt fun.

onewild wrote:

I mean SBMM just makes sense for the majority. The ones that complain tend to be like the ones who want to be try hards/pros but also want to win 100% of games by killing all the lower skilled players. know that if every game I want into and I knew that some dude with a 4 k/d was just going to win everytime, I would have stopped playing because that isnt fun.

I have no problem with it at all. It also makes it so, as a middling player, I rarely run into cheaters.

I just had an epic 15 kill round with a Legendary LMG . It had a thermal scope (where they show up as white silhouettes) and broke armor real quick at 75 - 125m. I haven't used LMGs often so I'm not to familiar with them. Unfortunately, I didn't check the name before quitting. I'm guessing there is no way to check this in some sort of match/gun history? Maybe my rather vague description helps?

Was it the Copper Spray

Oooh, the coloring looks familiar and it lists a thermal attachment. That might be it! Now I need a way to find one to test for sure.