NFL 2020: Offseason

Pages

Once again, the best uniform out of all the pictures in that post was the oldest one.

I probably sound like a broken record, but my Pats redesign would look exactly like the Irving Fryar picture, but with the modern Pats logo on the side of the white helmet. Maybe with red or blue for the facemask.

Yeah those new Pats uniforms are terrible. No wonder Brady left.

Why is everyone making new jerseys they probably won't even wear? Or definitely won't be selling in stadiums to fans?

Those Pat's unis remind me of Ole Miss.

And Ole Miss reminds me of the Confederacy.

And that is a flavor I don't like when I think football. Yuck.

The new uniform train rolls on, with the Chargers jumping in:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/6ZBLNUi.jpg)

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Ac7vFPp.jpg)

All told, an incremental change from a year ago:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/J2z2r59.png)

Most of the changes throw back all the way to the team's AFL inaugural era uniforms:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/HDsvFZR.png)

I think abandoning the stripes on both the pants and shoulders and letting the bolts act as a stripe all on their own is a great change. The AFL jersey did that with the pants, but not the shoulders.

I don't necessarily love the powder-blue-over-yellow option, but that's what they were wearing back at the merger when they became an NFL team, so it's still a historical reference point.

This is a good streamlining of what they already had with throwback elements. The only thing I would throw out entirely is the royal blue color rush uniforms. It's bad enough they share a stadium with the Rams, they don't need to be wearing their colors too. The navy color rush is all the alternate they need.

Yet another old-becomes-new design that makes Atlanta look out of touch with the rest of the league.

Gronk has informed New England that he wants to return to the NFL, but only to join Brady with the Bucs.

That would require a trade, as his rights are still in New England's control.

*Legion* wrote:

Gronk has informed New England that he wants to return to the NFL, but only to join Brady with the Bucs.

That would require a trade, as his rights are still in New England's control.

Uh . . . wow? Make peace with O.J. Howard, add Gronk, Godwin and Mike Evans, that's a terrifying lineup.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
*Legion* wrote:

Gronk has informed New England that he wants to return to the NFL, but only to join Brady with the Bucs.

That would require a trade, as his rights are still in New England's control.

Uh . . . wow? Make peace with O.J. Howard, add Gronk, Godwin and Mike Evans, that's a terrifying lineup.

I don't think OJ Howard will be in the lineup. It already sounded like he was on the draft weekend trade block even before Gronk came into the picture.

It'll be Gronk and Brate as the 2 TEs, I expect. Howard gets flipped in trade, maybe back to New England to facilitate the Gronk trade. I also saw a mock draft where the Bucs traded up with the Niners to get to #13 and in range for one of those top tackles to protect Brady, and included Howard in the deal. That makes some sense as the Niners are looking to get a 2 TE offense set up, they were apparently in the Austin Hooper hunt.

And now the Bucs and Pats have (reportedly) agreed to trade terms!

Bucs get: Gronk, 7th round pick
Pats get: 4th round pick

Howard still on the roster, available to trade to San Francisco

*Legion* wrote:

And now the Bucs and Pats have (reportedly) agreed to trade terms!

Bucs get: Gronk, 7th round pick
Pats get: 4th round pick

Howard still on the roster, available to trade to San Francisco :)

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK if I start watching again does that make me a bandwagoner after all the Freeman and Winston years I lived through?

Gronk gonna fail his physical. You watch.

*Legion* wrote:

The new uniform train rolls on, with the Chargers jumping in:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/6ZBLNUi.jpg)

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Ac7vFPp.jpg)

Is there a quarterback somewhere in there?

garion333 wrote:

Gronk gonna fail his physical. You watch.

Doesn't he still have that belt from that Wrestlemania thing?

garion333 wrote:

Gronk gonna fail his physical. You watch.

In all honesty, what I expect is that Tampa will build the best roster you could imagine, and the NFL won't happen anyways thanks to COVID, so none of it matters.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
garion333 wrote:

Gronk gonna fail his physical. You watch.

In all honesty, what I expect is that Tampa will build the best roster you could imagine, and the NFL won't happen anyways thanks to COVID, so none of it matters.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK if I start watching again does that make me a bandwagoner after all the Freeman and Winston years I lived through?

Put on that TD12 Dilfer jersey and nobody will question you.

*Legion* wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK if I start watching again does that make me a bandwagoner after all the Freeman and Winston years I lived through?

Put on that TD12 Dilfer jersey and nobody will question you.

Oh, I can do better than that:

IMAGE(http://u.cubeupload.com/MilkmanDanimal/IMG20170924104909.jpg)

Why do they need 6 different uniforms for only 16 games? What happened to 2?

And the Chargers have more uniforms than games Gronk will play.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Oh, I can do better than that

Had to have someone else hold the camera. In that jersey, you'd drop it for sure.

Pages