Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I preordered digitally. I’ve never done that before. When does it unlock?

12am ET according to this.

Hopefully 9pm Thursday for me in Western Australia.

Added my FC to the sheet as well. Normally I'm a physical media person but I think I'll just go digital this time since I'm trying not to go places right now unless it's absolutely necessary.

Forlorn Hope wrote:

Added my FC to the sheet as well. Normally I'm a physical media person but I think I'll just go digital this time since I'm trying not to go places right now unless it's absolutely necessary.

We did the same. My wife had preordered us each a cartridge, but with Amazon restricting the sorts of deliveries it makes during the health emergency, we decided to reduce our burden on the system by canceling our physical preorder and getting it digitally instead.

It’s the kind of game you pretty much always want on your system anyway. Pop on, play for a bit, then switch to something else without bothering about swapping a postage stamp.

My resolve was soooo melting and was back on board to get this day one for the boy and I... but being solo self employed right now am going to have to watch the pennies and stick to the old New Leaf as planned.

No hardship really, it's been 3 weeks or so and still visiting every day. Building my first bench and just turned Fuzzle Town into a nightlife party times place a couple days ago.

malking wrote:

12am ET according to this.

Hopefully 9pm Thursday for me in Western Australia.

Typical first party releases are midnight Eastern in the US. And that means 9pm Pacific. Actually got to experience that early release once as I was in Portland when Mario Kart dropped.

Not sure about Australia time zones but good luck

Two days ago I said I have plenty of Switch games to play and will probably wait to get AC.

It is currently downloading, of course...

I can't seem to add my info to the friend codes sheet.
It acts like a normal webpage.
Please to help with what I am doing wrong?

mortalgroove wrote:

I can't seem to add my info to the friend codes sheet.
It acts like a normal webpage.
Please to help with what I am doing wrong?

I think I pasted the link wrong. Delete the "/htmlview" from the end. I'll go back and fix the OP.

This is the game I need in my life right now. This weekend will hopefully bring my mind some peace and relaxation.

Just a few VR generations away from laying in the corner with a headset strapped on, living life inside an Animal Crossing world to avoid the hellscape of reality.

I just preordered the physical version. Arrives on Friday. I've never played an Animal Crossing game before. I purchased it for my daughter -- 8 years old. Did I make a mistake?

Edgar_Newt wrote:

I just preordered the physical version. Arrives on Friday. I've never played an Animal Crossing game before. I purchased it for my daughter -- 8 years old. Did I make a mistake?

Nah this one is co-op, you can play with her.

Patch tonight, ahead of launch.

Tom Nook wrote:

[Announcement] The Ver 1.1.0 update for #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons will be available ahead of launch, starting at 6pm PT, 3/18. Customers who have preloaded the game after purchasing from Nintendo eShop will be able to download the update data at this time. #ACNH

Stele wrote:

Patch tonight, ahead of launch.

Tom Nook wrote:

[Announcement] The Ver 1.1.0 update for #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons will be available ahead of launch, starting at 6pm PT, 3/18. Customers who have preloaded the game after purchasing from Nintendo eShop will be able to download the update data at this time. #ACNH

What a tease.

I’ve got pears!

Spent an hour setting up my island, did some weeding, chopped some trees, caught some fish. Now I’m knackered and I’ll continue tomorrow.

Ack you got it early?

Congrats.

11 more hours...

Stele wrote:

Ack you got it early?

Congrats.

11 more hours...

Check their location - Australia is in the future.

I just pre-ordered!

I had pears in my very first Animal Crossing game (City Folk). Very nostalgic!

Aww this game.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETfb75hWoAUXyji?format=jpg&name=small)

So how do multiple accounts on the same switch work? I've got the primary account with Nintendo online enabled, but my daughter also has an account on the switch (no online) that she uses to play games on occasion. I've seen some stuff about playing the game co-op, but will she also be able to load the game on her account while I'm at work and do stuff around the island on her own?

Nope. One island per Switch.

Not sure about starting the game via one account or the other, if that even matters. Didn't see it mentioned in reviews. I'm sure you will select your character on the in-game menu like previous titles.

Nintendo is just so weird about muliple users.

My kids and I share the Switch. They will want their own islands to express themselves but I am not buying three Switches.

Why when I have my Zelda game and they each have their own did they make such an odd choice with Animal Crossing. I am baffled.

Don't know but you can coop with 4 people on one Switch. Wife and I are looking forward to playing together.

Previous games were pain to play together without multiple hardware. So this is a big improvement for us.

Stele wrote:

Don't know but you can coop with 4 people on one Switch.

Is it couch co-op, or do you mean that when I launch it on my profile, we're accessing the same island (i.e. asynch co-op)?

Couch co-op. 4 players on one system simultaneously. 8 players online.

Stele wrote:

Couch co-op. 4 players on one system simultaneously. 8 players online.

Well today's purchase just got even better!

This is probably the first game where I may not be the primary player and I have no clue how Nintendo's user account system works. I'm the primary store account on the Switch. Can my wife actually start the game and be the main player or is it like Sony where there is a "primary account" and other users are effectively guests. At the end of the day she can of course just play with my account, but it would be great if she could actually be the person who starts the game.

I bought it digitally if that makes a difference.

Haven't seen 100% since reviewers couldn't play online. But I'm pretty sure if you want to play online you need to be running an account with Nintendo online.

So if you don't have a family account with that then probably your account has to start it.

But also with the one save per console thing it seems like whatever user starts it doesn't matter, is going to the same island?

Can you have multiple people on one switch with nintendo online? I really have no clue how user accounts work anymore. I let my nintnendo online expire but I can start it back up no problem.