Playstation 5 Catch-All

garion333 wrote:

So, PS+ is bringing PS4 games as a Gamepass-esque thing?

Maybe. I haven't seen any indication that it's an ongoing and changing library like Game Pass is. It might just be a one-off addition to the PS+ library.

So, Stock Informer just alerted me on Walmart for both the digital and full consoles. Was able to place pre-orders for delivery Nov 12th. We'll see.

Stoked that Demons Souls is a launch title, it looks too good to be true watching that gameplay. Bluepoint are wizards.

Very competitive prices, especially the digital edition. The game prices being £69.99 is a laugh though, they need to wise up with that sh*t. I think if that's the case going forward unless your game is a Cyberpunk, God Of War, Bloodborne etc a lot of middling-good games will take a huge hit in sales numbers.

Their messaging about believing in generations then annoucing all these months later that a bunch of previously thought PS5 exclusives are now cross gen was a bit sly. I thought Miles Morales would have been released on PS4 but Horizon Forbidden West definitely did not seem like a candidate. It will be very interesting to see the difference between the two versions on PS5 & PS4.

God Of War 2 should be something else, the 2018 reboot is one of my favourite games of all time but 2021 seems too soon. I'd say that will be likely delayed until 2022.

Better get my pre-order in tomorrow for the PS5. Demons Souls here we go! you expensive beast!

Where are you seeing game prices.

£70 sounds completely absurd. Unless they are expecting the £ to tank some more before november, which does seem likely...
I'll take the inconvenience of retail games over those prices at least.

WizardM0de wrote:

So, Stock Informer just alerted me on Walmart for both the digital and full consoles. Was able to place pre-orders for delivery Nov 12th. We'll see.

Ack! Give it back to me! It was in stock when I added it to my cart, and out of stock when I tried to check out.

Evan E wrote:
WizardM0de wrote:

So, Stock Informer just alerted me on Walmart for both the digital and full consoles. Was able to place pre-orders for delivery Nov 12th. We'll see.

Ack! Give it back to me! It was in stock when I added it to my cart, and out of stock when I tried to check out. :mad:

Same here, keep trying if it's in your cart - don't give up.

Answering my own question.

Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)

€80... really. That is $95.

Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)

That's a lot of money for a remaster... I preordered one.

WizardM0de wrote:
Evan E wrote:
WizardM0de wrote:

So, Stock Informer just alerted me on Walmart for both the digital and full consoles. Was able to place pre-orders for delivery Nov 12th. We'll see.

Ack! Give it back to me! It was in stock when I added it to my cart, and out of stock when I tried to check out. :mad:

Same here, keep trying if it's in your cart - don't give up.

You may have slipped in under the line - not only is Stock Informer now listing it as out of stock, after multiple attempts to re-check out, each time with a warning that the PS5 is now out of stock, it suddenly tried to sell me just the controller (it was also in my cart), moving the PS5 to "Saved For Later".

Shadout wrote:

Answering my own question.

Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)

€80... really. That is $95.

80 euros?!?! That's, like, Australian pricing!

W

Phades wrote:

Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)

That's a lot of money for a remaster... I preordered one.

Where is the preorder?

Whenever I have purchased a Sony Launch system (PS3, PS4, PS4 Pro, PSVR--if you want to call it a system) I have regretted. I have enough games to hold off on this for a little while. Until the all the bugs get ironed out anyway. I can't deal with another system that I can hear throughout my house, even when the game is paused.

Yep. Need reviews for sure.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I woke up a bit after 4am so I caught the last 20 minutes. When the alarm went off at 6 I saw that preorders were open for Australia so I jumped on and got the disc version. $750 here which is on par with the XSX.

I'll pick up Miles Morales on day one but I haven't looked at what else is coming out.

Garth wrote:

Whenever I have purchased a Sony Launch system (PS3, PS4, PS4 Pro, PSVR--if you want to call it a system) I have regretted. I have enough games to hold off on this for a little while. Until the all the bugs get ironed out anyway. I can't deal with another system that I can hear throughout my house, even when the game is paused.

Pre-ordering is always for suckers; there's never a need to buy new technology when it releases, and it's always smarter to wait for it to hit the general population, bugs to be discovered, and wait for both software and possibly hardware fixes before buying.

That said, I've had money earmarked for the PS5 for a year now, and I'm going to pre-order when I get a chance.

malking: where'd you pre-order from? Third party, or has Sony opened pre-orders for Australia?

Evan E wrote:

malking: where'd you pre-order from? Third party, or has Sony opened pre-orders for Australia?

EB Games started preorders not long after the show finished as well as another electronics provider.

Price for the DualSense is going to be $70 USD.

garion333 wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:
garion333 wrote:
polq37 wrote:
Docjoe wrote:

Wow 399 for a full blown PS5 is very compelling, maybe even more so than the Series S at 299. Tempting....

Be useful to know if the $399 PS5 is "full blown". I haven't seen a definitive statement on the subject.

Also, my understanding is that bulk internal disc drives are a $10-15 part. A $100 discount for excising a $15 part seems like a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the $399 model has a paper launch with almost no availability in actual retail channels.

Sony is still giving the impression of this thing coming in really hot.

Definitely less storage space, that much will be certain.

The only difference listed between the two consoles on Sony's spec page are the weight and power supply. The disc edition weighs 4.5kg and has a 350W power supply; the digital edition weighs 3.9kg and has a 330W power supply.

Both platforms have the same internals, including a 825GB SSD.

Wow, curious how the profits shake out on the two.

I think Sony makes up the difference on software sales. With an all digital system they don’t have to to split profits on software with retailers like they would if someone buys a game on disc

If it's true I'm very excited cos I have a bunch of games I still haven't got to or finished yet, and getting rid of my noisy ass PS4 is a priority.

AcidCat wrote:

Price is right, just, eh, really not seeing any compelling reason to own this thing day one. May have to override my FOMO and just wait until next year sometime.

I'm with AcidCat.

I've got quite the backlog of PS4 games to work through, and, from what I can tell, they won't run significantly better on PS5 compared to my PS4 Pro. Nothing is so critical for me to try to play it at launch. Maybe when the next Ratchet & Clank comes out, I'll jump on board. Or when they finally do something with the PSVR2.

In contrast, the Xbox Series X seems compelling to me because my OG Xbone is really chugging on games lately. I want to upgrade so I can work through my backlog on Game Pass, and I'd really rather do that with the improved experience (and direct improvements like the "enhanced for One X") of the Series X.

Still, I thought it was a really impressive mini-conference. FF16 looks great (but god knows how long that'll be until release). Hogwarts looked fantastic (but it's on everything). Demon's Souls looks good (but I tried 20x to get into the PS3 version and failed, so I think I'm gonna wait on this one).

And the PS+ Collection felt lackluster because it's a bunch of games I've collected in "Greatest Hits" or on PS+ monthly games over the last few years. In contrast, Game Pass has ALL 1st party Microsoft games for free, including future releases. If the PS+ collection included that?? I'd be very interested.

... and, finally... I still don't like the white look. I'm gonna wait till there's an all-black option. (:

I just received an email from Sony that I got into their preorder and it starts Friday 10am PST.

I've had surprising luck running to a local costco morning of launch and being able to get my hands on a day one... I may preorder this time if I can figure out how just to save me some stress.

I fumbled around a bit this evening seeing if I could get a pre order on a console, but no luck. Had it at the "Place Your Order" screen at BB, but it would never complete. Eventually kicked me back to the cart and then started saying that it was no longer available.

I don't think Amazon's put their allotment up yet. If it happens like the Switch launch, they'll show up sometime overnight.

Tyrian wrote:

I fumbled around a bit this evening seeing if I could get a pre order on a console, but no luck. Had it at the "Place Your Order" screen at BB, but it would never complete. Eventually kicked me back to the cart and then started saying that it was no longer available.

After about the 50th time of hitting the "Check Out" button on my Best Buy cart, I managed to get to the next page where it verifies delivery method and contact information. Then it stuck there without letting me get to the payment information page, and eventually it said that the PS5 was no longer in stock. So despite their system going wonky with the crush of orders, they still sold out of their launch allotment.

Hopefully I'll get an email from Sony, but in the mean time I should start telling myself I don't really need a launch PS5. Which is of course true (although both Spider-Man and the Demon Souls remake looked pretty damned spectacular).

Slytin wrote:

I just received an email from Sony that I got into their preorder and it starts Friday 10am PST.

I was crossing my fingers for one of those emails, but no luck

Guess I'll be spamming refresh on Amazon tomorrow morning.

Links to preorders on amazon

https://amzn.to/3msqZDO (Disc)

https://amzn.to/3mvKGuo (Digital)

IUMogg wrote:

Links to preorders on amazon

https://amzn.to/3msqZDO (Disc)

https://amzn.to/3mvKGuo (Digital)

So, mixed results. I was able to use the disc link, but only a few min later my friend said he tried it and his cart came up empty. Not sure what the difference was.

I suppose they still might cancel my too-early preorder, but it does seem to have processed (they deducted the funds from my gift card balance).

IUMogg wrote:

Links to preorders on amazon

https://amzn.to/3msqZDO (Disc)

https://amzn.to/3mvKGuo (Digital)

Sold out in minutes. Dead links now. My fault for blinking.

Yeah I was over here shopping for baby stuff on Amazon and I could have been buying the PS5. Silly me.