* Monday came and went, and as expected, the Patriots did not pay Antonio Brown the signing bonus check he is owed. Thus begins a battle that, for once, I actually want the Patriots to win.
* Blaine Gabbert has been put on IR, dashing all of our hopes for him to make some garbage starts in place of a benched Jameis Winston.
* The quarterback with the most turnovers over the past 16 regular season games is not named Mariota, Mayfield, or Winston. It's Jared Goff, who has 13 INTs and 14 lost fumbles over that span.
The Rams offense has been trending downward since about the midpoint of last season. This year, they're currently in the middle of the pack, 16th in total offense.
* Rookie edge rushers ranked by PFF's Pass Rush Productivity (sacks/hits/hurries per pass rush snap), with a 20% of snaps threshold applied to filter out low snap count players, and with a few UDFA types left out:
- Nick Bosa (1st, highest rate in the league)
- Rashan Gary (5th)
- Josh Allen (15th)
- Brian Burns (25th-T)
- Oshane Ximines (25th-T)
(... scrolling, scrolling ...)
- Chase Winovich (61st)
- Clelin Ferrell (74th)
- Montez Sweat (101st)
Bosa, Allen, and Burns is looking like the best young edge rusher group we've seen in a while, in terms of immediate impact. Rashan Gary barely makes this list as his number of pass rush snaps only meets the threshold by a hair, but he's making things happen when he gets in there. And the Raiders still aren't looking great for passing on better guys to take Clelin Ferrell.
* Joe Staley with free time:
* The new Daniel Jones vs. Baker Mayfield comparison narrative:
* Self-inflicted kicker woes:
The Bucs drafted Aguayo. The Chargers cut Josh Lambo, who has a 93.6% FG% with the Jags. The Bears cut Robbie Gould, who has a 94.0% FG% for the Niners