New TV Season 2019-20

Rotten Tomatoes Fall TV 2019

A Calendar for TV

Emergence looks to be weird, so might be interesting, but I'm mostly looking forward to returning favorites like The Rookie, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Good Place. Season 2 of Titans looks like it's taking a step back from being grimdark, so it's already been more enjoyable.

Final Good Place and final Modern Family. Man...

Final season of Supernatural mostly just to see where season fourteens cliffhanger goes.

Killing Eve is pretty good. It has a mix of quirky sprinkled with extreme violence.

Killing Eve is a lot of fun!

So many shows ending this year! Looking forward to watching them all. I am glad Supernatural is finally calling it quits, and excited by the potential story line!

I haven't enjoyed Modern Family since they (IMHO) butchered Haley's story line. I mean, Dillon? Really?

My Hero Academia and Rick and Morty also return in October and November respectively. I've lost some interest in both shows, but I'm still looking forward to some new episodes.

Just set the DVR for Prodigal Son tonight. I’ve seen no buzz, but just the trailer on TV. Stars Michael Sheen and Jesus from TWD. Another twist on the serial killer as consultant.

I did not know it existed until you posted it, Jay, and for the last ten minutes I've seen four ads for it.

I'm pretty sure posting it here has resulted in every Goodjer getting targeted ads.

ONE WAS ON MY TV!

Pervasive marketing!

Titans Season 2 is off to a good start. They somewhat strangely, although I don't think unwisely, moved on extremely quickly from the cliffhanger set up at the end of Season 1. The only reason I can think of that the first 40 minutes or so of Season 2 Episode 1 wasn't the Season 1 finale is that they had other things planned but changed their minds between seasons. But anyway, it's good so far, and the appearance of

Spoiler:

Iain Glen as Bruce Wayne!

was an interesting surprise. I'm glad they decided not to shy away from using that character.

Prodigal Son was good. The leads are solid, but I’m not sold on the homicide detectives being interesting enough to deliver as well as a show like Dexter. The show has a tone similar to Dexter, as opposed to Hannibal, but that tone is toned down a bit more being on OTA TV.

Michael Sheen was great. Tom Payne was pretty much exactly his character of Jesus from TWD, but with short hair. If you liked him there, you will like him here. Lou Diamond Phillips feels like a great choice for his boss. But this show is going to need the funny to land, and the rest of the cast is only okay to above average, but I think it can find its footing. But it could also go really wrong.

We are in for the season. Hopefully it delivers.

We're interesting in checking out Stumptown. Looks like an interesting premise and I like to see Colbie Smoulders moving off the beaten path.

I also thought Prodigal Son was good, but I'm having a hard time seeing it as a series.

We watched Perfect Harmony and thought it was hilarious. Bradley Whitfield's dry humor worked perfectly for the role.

Watched first episode of Evil. Luke Cage and Scully team up to investigate demons and strange stuff. Didn't love it or hate it. I'll give it one or two more episodes to grab me.

Watched the first episode of Creepshow on Shudder last night and adored it. Captures the spirit of the original movies perfectly. I'm a big fan of anthology horror, so I'm looking forward to following the series through Halloween.

I finally got around to watching Emergence. Stop me if you've heard this one before

Spoiler:

episode one introduced a young girl escaped from a hush-hush government research facility. After being taken under the wing of a small town sherrif, she befriends a young teenager and we discover she has telekenetic, and perhaps other, powers. Meanwhile shady government agents are doing everything they can to get her back

Baron Of Hell wrote:

Watched first episode of Evil. Luke Cage and Scully team up to investigate demons and strange stuff. Didn't love it or hate it. I'll give it one or two more episodes to grab me.

It was different and didn't pull any punches with the dark stuff. We kind of dug the first episode. I'll admit, I kind of liked George. He's eloquent for a demon.

Nevin73 wrote:

We watched Perfect Harmony and thought it was hilarious. Bradley Whitfield's dry humor worked perfectly for the role.

I enjoyed this too, though I'm curious what the actual arc of the season will be since the pilot definitely felt like they stuff a whole movie's worth of story into less than half an hour. It definitely felt like "Pitch Perfect but in the south" at times, which isn't a bad thing.

The BBC are bringing the big hitters this year. War of the Worlds as above however the real hype train is His Dark Materials. Just look at that cast, it's like perfect. If this is what happens to the BBC when Doctor Who takes a year off, then I'm all for it.

beanman101283 wrote:
Nevin73 wrote:

We watched Perfect Harmony and thought it was hilarious. Bradley Whitfield's dry humor worked perfectly for the role.

I enjoyed this too, though I'm curious what the actual arc of the season will be since the pilot definitely felt like they stuff a whole movie's worth of story into less than half an hour. It definitely felt like "Pitch Perfect but in the south" at times, which isn't a bad thing.

Agreed. I was kind of shocked that the competition was in the first episode.

It took me a while to get around to All Rise. It's a likable cast of casually diverse characters, it seems to have things to say, and it has a healthy amount of humor in it.

The leads are out of the Marvel Netflix universe and there is someone they refer to as "The Punisher" in the first one...

Kurrelgyre wrote:

It took me a while to get around to All Rise. It's a likable cast of casually diverse characters, it seems to have things to say, and it has a healthy amount of humor in it.

The leads are out of the Marvel Netflix universe and there is someone they refer to as "The Punisher" in the first one...

And Mike Colter's one of the leads on CBS' Evil.

If we can just get an All Rise crossover with Evil, all will be right with my world.

Episode 2 of Stumptown was a lot better than the pilot, and I just now realized that the actor that plays Dex also played Robin on How I Met Your Mother (sometimes I'm dumb like that)

Clumber wrote:

Episode 2 of Stumptown was a lot better than the pilot, and I just now realized that the actor that plays Dex also played Robin on How I Met Your Mother (sometimes I'm dumb like that)

Agent Maria Hill.

MannishBoy wrote:
Clumber wrote:

Episode 2 of Stumptown was a lot better than the pilot, and I just now realized that the actor that plays Dex also played Robin on How I Met Your Mother (sometimes I'm dumb like that)

Agent Maria Hill.

Seen here mourning Agent Coulson.