* Tonight, we have to watch the near-annual crapfest that is Thursday Night Titans/Jags. The good news: the Jaguars will be wearing teal jerseys and white pants, in reference to the one true Jaguars uniform, and won't be wearing, you know, these things.
* George Kittle is the best TE in the NFL, and this is why. Kelce and Ertz are his peers as receivers, but neither of them are remotely in the same class as blockers. Kittle is the heir to the Gronk throne, as Gronk was a dominant blocker too.
* Ultimately, I think nothing will come of Jalen Ramsey's trade request. I don't think any team is going to want to pay two 1sts and then also have to pay Ramsey the market rate contract price he wants sooner than later. I do think the Jaguars will be coached by a new staff next season, and possibly have a new front office, and that along with a contract extension will appease Ramsey. Ramsey already started softening his language the very next day, rather than escalating it like an AB situation.
* Having now written the previous bullet point and put it out there, Ramsey will be traded before the weekend ends.
* It sounds like the NFL Competition Committee may look into the Dolphins' tanking tactics, and consider ways to prevent it in the future. This could be what finally brings a lottery system into the NFL draft, which IMO would absolutely suck.
* Dallas just cut their 2017 1st round pick, Taco Charlton. Classic "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" draft pick, a guy whose college career was really defined by half of a good senior season. He was claimed off waivers by the Dolphins, which just seems like more proof of the team intentionally tanking.
* A tweet from Football Perspective: "Kliff Kingsbury and the Cardinals are now the first team since the NFL moved the goal posts in 1974 to attempt 3 field goal attempts in a game, while trailing, from inside the 5-yard line". Suddenly I am remembering the early 1990s and all sorts of criticism about the run-and-shoot's performance in the red zone.
* Landon Collins out dropping bombs on Dave Gettleman: "He’s a liar. He lied to everybody."
* This one's for Guru: one of Miami's linebackers claims that, after having made a legal hit on Tom Brady, one of the referees told him to "stay off Tom".