NFL 2019: Week 1

Now we know what he meant by "No more games"

NFL Network, ESPN, FS1, etc. should just re-air all their commentary from Thursday to save themselves the effort.

Edit: And he's out.

Not enough clown gifs on earth.

This is the best. Love it. Top tier crazy where everyone looks terrible with the only exception being Pittsburgh.

He’s going to end up on the Patriots, isn’t he?

Certis wrote:

He’s going to end up on the Patriots, isn’t he?

Stop giving them ideas!

Rat Boy wrote:
Certis wrote:

He’s going to end up on the Patriots, isn’t he?

Stop giving them ideas!

Goddammit

Certis, just go on sabbatical already and stop ruining our day with your crazy totally gonna happen scenarios!

Certis wrote:

He’s going to end up on the Patriots, isn’t he?

Nah. This isn't Corey Dillon "I'm mad at my old team because they're cheapskates who don't try to win" stuff, or Randy Moss "I'm unmotivated on this crappy team" stuff.

This is Ryan Leaf unhinged self destruction stuff. I don't see Belichick letting it anywhere near his roster.

Belichick will put a geas on him.

He will be a Patriot by 9pm tonight. It would be all our luck and would probably all but make another Patriots super bowl likely.

Certis wrote:

He’s going to end up on the Patriots, isn’t he?

Blue Bombers.

What are the odds he ends up on the Giants, if only to fuel more Draw Play comics and drive Dave to deeper levels of alcohol consumption?

Seriously, if this NFL season delivers nothing else, we at least got Raiders/Brown drama.

Browns? Please....

Agree the Pats don't want any part of crazy.

Could see this taking awhile also. Maybe some teams go after him ASAP but could see this being drawn out and dramatic.

ccesarano wrote:

What are the odds he ends up on the Giants, if only to fuel more Draw Play comics and drive Dave to deeper levels of alcohol consumption?

Seriously, if this NFL season delivers nothing else, we at least got Raiders/Brown drama.

I hope not, they just got rid of one drama queen WR. Don't need a mentally unstable drama queen.

I, for one, want AB to get to Foxborough and torch that mfer to the ground.

Certis wrote:

He’s going to end up on the Patriots, isn’t he?

You take that back right now!!!!

Spoiler:

We'll revisit this after "Flash" Gordon's next suspension.

TheGameguru wrote:

He will be a Patriot by 9pm tonight. It would be all our luck and would probably all but make another Patriots super bowl likely.

The Patriots are always SB likely.

If AB's dead set on "No guaranteed, no way" then he'll probably never play this season.

AB on Twitter wrote:

“The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth”

Oh boy...

Nevermind, AB just signed with the Patriots. Dammit, Andrich!

:O

I'm very interested to see what that deal looks like. I can't imagine giving him anything more than a 1-year prove-it deal, but I did not expect AB to be willing to take such a deal, at least not so soon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA CHRIST. We all make the joke time after time, and it keeps happening.

So who wins the Super Bowl next year?

*Legion* wrote:

:O

I'm very interested to see what that deal looks like. I can't imagine giving him anything more than a 1-year prove-it deal, but I did not expect AB to be willing to take such a deal, at least not so soon.

1 year up to $15 million with a $9 million signing bonus from what I'm seeing.

And here's video of AB's reaction to being released by the Raiders. Makes one think this was his plan the whole time.

Prederick wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA CHRIST. We all make the joke time after time, and it keeps happening.

So who wins the Super Bowl next year?

Josh Gordon and AB. Might as well just mail in the season and give the Patriots this SB

He's a joke. What a loser.

I don't think this will last long. He's seems too nuts to do the lock it down for a season and get paid thing.

And yet magically these guys don’t typically act up once they get to the Patriots. Apart from mass murders.

It could very well be that he tanked to get on a better team.

AB did a pretty decent job staying sane in Pittsburgh. I've seen people claim he hasn't been the same since Burfict took his head off. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the hit that pushed him over the edge.

Oakland was always gonna be a bad match for him. Just can't believe it went quite like this.