Apex Legends - Catch All

I'm excited to jump in tonight! Both of the models for Fuse's legendary skins are very cool, maybe the best combo any character has had so far!

Good games tonight! Not sure if you guys heard me at end, but had to log off.

whispa wrote:

Good games tonight! Not sure if you guys heard me at end, but had to log off.

We weren't hearing each other in the lobby last night, which happens sometimes. Good games!

Fedaykin98 wrote:
whispa wrote:

Good games tonight! Not sure if you guys heard me at end, but had to log off.

We weren't hearing each other in the lobby last night, which happens sometimes. Good games!

I also tried to type in the lobby but when pressing enter, I didn't see my text. Ah well, I am around tonight and tomorrow as well this week.

I stopped playing with Season 7. I really, really tried to like the new map, but I pretty much hated it.
Now that we're back to King's Canyon, I'm having some real fun again.

To some extent, I can't really tell what I'm doing with Fuse's abilities, the way it's very clear in the firing range. However, dropping a ring of fire on the clifftop where one of the last three teams was camping...priceless.

If you see me playing (Euro time, so maybe you won't see me), feel free to drop me an invite. Xbox ID below.

I started to enjoy Olympus a bit more, getting into the habit of staying out of the open was a valuable lesson over time. But I'm also happy to get back to King's Canyon.

Played a bit as Fuse. Seems fun, need to learn a lot more though. Tried the 30-30 repeater, but it seems to be basically a sniper rifle, so not my bag. I'm going to be playing a lot less this season though just too much else to do sadly.

Roo wrote:

I stopped playing with Season 7. I really, really tried to like the new map, but I pretty much hated it.
Now that we're back to King's Canyon, I'm having some real fun again.

What? Olympus is my favorite!

For me, exploration is a big part of why I love the battle royale idea. I'd love it if we got a new map every season.

King's Canyon is my least favorite only because I've played Apex for part of season 4 and all of season 7. KC was rarely in the rotation and therefore unfamiliar. I like Olympus more because of the openness and the need to be more strategic about rotations. KC feels a little claustrophobic but I'm enjoying the fights so far. I have zero feel for map context and traffic areas to avoid if you want to ride the ring in for a win. That's something I'll need to figure out.

Also, any idea when my next chance is to get a Bangalore drop emote? It's frivolous but my one complaint about maining Bangalore again is not being able to mash the spacebar on drop like the cool kids.

bigred wrote:

Also, any idea when my next chance is to get a Bangalore drop emote? It's frivolous but my one complaint about maining Bangalore again is not being able to mash the spacebar on drop like the cool kids.

I don't think it's predictable. They throw whatever in a battle pass. Occasionally they sell dive emotes during events.

My advice would be to play Apex like it's your job, like a damn degenerate junkie, and you'll never miss anything.

Did someone do a GWJ club on PC?

Fedaykin98 wrote:
bigred wrote:

Also, any idea when my next chance is to get a Bangalore drop emote? It's frivolous but my one complaint about maining Bangalore again is not being able to mash the spacebar on drop like the cool kids.

I don't think it's predictable. They throw whatever in a battle pass. Occasionally they sell dive emotes during events.

My advice would be to play Apex like it's your job, like a damn degenerate junkie, and you'll never miss anything.

This will probably work, but is it really advice you'd give anyone?

Dakuna wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:
bigred wrote:

Also, any idea when my next chance is to get a Bangalore drop emote? It's frivolous but my one complaint about maining Bangalore again is not being able to mash the spacebar on drop like the cool kids.

I don't think it's predictable. They throw whatever in a battle pass. Occasionally they sell dive emotes during events.

My advice would be to play Apex like it's your job, like a damn degenerate junkie, and you'll never miss anything.

This will probably work, but is it really advice you'd give anyone?

It's how I live, in this hell of no news about Elden Ring.

Between work and valheim, I've played very little Apex. I'd be fired by now

I realized last night that I want a battle royale with procedurally generated maps. I want infinite exploration!

Fedaykin98 wrote:

I realized last night that I want a battle royale with procedurally generated maps. I want infinite exploration!

Sign me up!

Mavericks if it ever was completed was going to be your huckleberry, but it couldn't get over the performance issues.

ranalin wrote:

Mavericks if it ever was completed was going to be your huckleberry, but it couldn't get over the performance issues.

I never even heard of that one, and I'm pretty exposed to gaming news.

Once the idea of procedurally generated maps in battle royales occurred to me last night, I couldn't shake the idea that it's either the future of the genre, or one possible future. There's always room for an excellent static map. However, for me, there's no BR thrill like playing a new map for the first time. Imagine if you could have that every day!

Lore-wise (lol!), Apex is already a constructed arena, so it makes perfect sense that they might reconfigure it between every session. Some areas already a Frankenstein patchwork, so again, pretty easy to accept jamming two unmatched areas together. They could even do it with pretty big segments if that is easier; just having major areas in different places every session would be huge.

Next event starts Tuesday! Caustic town takeover! Limited time mode! Collection event with Bangalore's heirloom!

There are some nice skins coming in this one. Several of them were cheekily previewed in the battle pass for the season.

Trailer is out, find it on YouTube!

Chonmage/Otaku_Ossan and I have been doing a lot of duos for the new season.

We didn’t see a GWJ club on PSN, so we’ve got one made. It’s been fun!

Also- I know others have hit this milestone, but it’s a first for me, FINALLY! Platinum bby!

IMAGE(https://i.ibb.co/f0508xJ/7-C11429-B-778-E-437-D-8777-8-E1550-FE6454.jpg)

Also- here’s the game that got me to Plat and I thought it was exhilarating and awesome! Thought y’all might like it!

Congrats on Plat 4!