Apex Legends - Catch All

I've had an improved experience of getting Champion once each night for the last 2, and feeling like I can contribute more due to less time getting wrecked by people with 6000+ kills.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

I've had an improved experience of getting Champion once each night for the last 2, and feeling like I can contribute more due to less time getting wrecked by people with 6000+ kills.

What platform? PS4 seems to be full of epic death machines and I usually place top ten, Xbox I can usually place top 3 fairly consistently.

PC. I've gotten to the point that Nintendo is the only company I buy a console from.

Well I'll never buy another xbox as long as I live. I despise the thing. I'll most likely try a PS5 .. but I'm betting that's the last non-mobile console I buy.

Dakuna wrote:

Well I'll never buy another xbox as long as I live. I despise the thing. I'll most likely try a PS5 .. but I'm betting that's the last non-mobile console I buy.

Heresy!

Fedaykin98 wrote:
Dakuna wrote:

Well I'll never buy another xbox as long as I live. I despise the thing. I'll most likely try a PS5 .. but I'm betting that's the last non-mobile console I buy.

Heresy!

I know you xbox lovers really love you some xbox, but the remotes are slow to power on, the dashboard makes no intuitive sense, and the exclusives are meh. The voice controls are decent, I'll say that much, but every time I use my xbox, I need to see an anger management counselor.

Had an awesome set of matches last night. Even had one match with 5 kills with 5 squads left (best I've done so far) and then my computer hard locked up. Stinggrray and a pubbie went on to win it. I feel like I have started doing better just be being more aware of my positioning and staying near cover.

So far I am up Elite Top 5 streak of 9. It should have been 10 but the server crashed and took one away from me

I am having the most fun trying to stay alive to be top 5 than I am trying to actually win it all.

Also happy that I will be recouping all of the AC coins I spent on Season 1 and can carry it over to Season 2

I hit battlepass level 110 last night. Yay?

In an attempt to curb behavior of camping outside the circle to wait out the match and get Top 5 in the Apex Elite Queue, we’re trying increasing the damage caused by being outside the circle in the Apex Elite Queue only.

-First circle now does 15% damage per tick

-Second circle now does 20% damage per tick

-Remaining circles no do 25% damage per tick.

Better stay in the circle! It's already out. So many people are dropping out of the circle because they had no clue

mrtomaytohead wrote:

I've had an improved experience of getting Champion once each night for the last 2, and feeling like I can contribute more due to less time getting wrecked by people with 6000+ kills.

I've given up this game a few weeks ago because I too keep getting wrecked by players who are way above me... I'm glad I looked here as I might give it another shot!

Cladmir wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

I've had an improved experience of getting Champion once each night for the last 2, and feeling like I can contribute more due to less time getting wrecked by people with 6000+ kills.

I've given up this game a few weeks ago because I too keep getting wrecked by players who are way above me... I'm glad I looked here as I might give it another shot!

It seems to cycle for me. Must have some internal elo or something. I get some games with people who have 6000 kills then sets of games with people who have 5-50 kills. The 6000 games end quickly for me.

Tempest wrote:
In an attempt to curb behavior of camping outside the circle to wait out the match and get Top 5 in the Apex Elite Queue, we’re trying increasing the damage caused by being outside the circle in the Apex Elite Queue only.

-First circle now does 15% damage per tick

-Second circle now does 20% damage per tick

-Remaining circles no do 25% damage per tick.

Better stay in the circle! It's already out. So many people are dropping out of the circle because they had no clue

Wizardm0de and I watched grimly as our sole surviving teammate was caught by the circle in two different phases recently. The second time, it killed him. Both times he was camping for a long time beforehand, and didn't have the sense to stay just ahead of it.

tundra wrote:
Cladmir wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

I've had an improved experience of getting Champion once each night for the last 2, and feeling like I can contribute more due to less time getting wrecked by people with 6000+ kills.

I've given up this game a few weeks ago because I too keep getting wrecked by players who are way above me... I'm glad I looked here as I might give it another shot!

It seems to cycle for me. Must have some internal elo or something. I get some games with people who have 6000 kills then sets of games with people who have 5-50 kills. The 6000 games end quickly for me.

Yeah, seems I spoke too soon. I went on to have 2 not so good nights in a row. Then again, I've also been low on sleep those nights.

mrtomaytohead wrote:
tundra wrote:
Cladmir wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

I've had an improved experience of getting Champion once each night for the last 2, and feeling like I can contribute more due to less time getting wrecked by people with 6000+ kills.

I've given up this game a few weeks ago because I too keep getting wrecked by players who are way above me... I'm glad I looked here as I might give it another shot!

It seems to cycle for me. Must have some internal elo or something. I get some games with people who have 6000 kills then sets of games with people who have 5-50 kills. The 6000 games end quickly for me.

Yeah, seems I spoke too soon. I went on to have 2 not so good nights in a row. Then again, I've also been low on sleep those nights.

Yeah... still got my face punched in by guys with 20 kills on his/her name. My skill limits has no [lower] bounds it seems. :p Still played against 1k+ kills once in a while, though.

I just assume everyone who pins my head instantly after I unload on them while they are looting a death box is probably using a hack/bot. I'm not sure I'm wrong.

By the by, does everyone know about The Apex Tracker?

Once there, make sure you click on the correct platform button before entering a name.

So for example, mine shows that my hidden, actual level is 181.

It only shows your most recently-played legends, and only stats that you can already see, apart from your actual level. Mostly I have friends who quickly use this on their phone when checking out a random. Also, it says it can show you your ranking for...everything. So while I am around number 25000 for kills as Lifeline, for some odd reason I am around number 1000 for healing drones. Probably all that time spent in the red in non-Elite mode, healing up my buddies while we keep looting...

Ugh.. so not surprised

Updates!

Hey everyone! I'm Sean Slayback, the principal weapons designer on Apex Legends at Respawn. The weapons team and I are excited to share some info about weapons in Season 2, so let's get into it!

New Weapon: The L-STAR Arrives

This season we're introducing the L-STAR, a rare and powerful LMG. This weapon fires large, high-damage plasma projectiles at a fast cyclic rate. The L-STAR is joining the Mastiff and Kraber in airdrop packages, and quite frankly, it's a beast.

The L-STAR's unique projectiles are much larger than those fired by other weapons in Apex. Players need to lead targets more at range to compensate for the L-STAR's slower projectiles, but on the flip side, they don't have to aim quite as precisely to get good effect on target.

All this plasma-fueled power comes at a price: the L-STAR will overheat if players hold the trigger down too long. When the L-STAR overheats, its lens breaks and needs to be replaced, which takes some time. Expert players learn to feather the trigger with short/medium bursts, taking short breaks to let the weapon cool down.

The L-STAR only spawns in airdrops (like the Mastiff and the Kraber), and comes with a limited ammo supply that can't be refilled.

TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jwu...

Get out there, hunt some airdrops, and let us know what you think of our newest high-tech addition to the Armory.

New Hop-Ups!

This season, we wanted to bring up the low end of the power curve a little, increase situational viability for lesser-used weapons, and create more interplay between weapons. So, we created a couple of new hop-ups:

Disruptor Rounds

- Increased shielded damage.

- compatibility: Alternator, RE-45

Hammerpoint Rounds

- Increased unshielded damage.

- compatibility: P2020, Mozambique

Ideally players will consider one of these hopped-up small arms for weapon-swap tactics, and sometimes carry them unironically into endgame situations.

New Attachments: Energy Mags

Energy Mag attachments have been added for the Havoc, Devotion, and Triple Take, adding more loot gameplay and power curve depth. Like the other magazine attachments, Energy Mags increase ammo capacity (at all levels) and reduce reload time (at level 2 and above).

Power Up

We buffed some less-popular weapons to make them more powerful within their designed roles. Look out for buffs to the Kraber, Flatline, P2020, Alternator, and Triple Take, with specific details outlined in our S2 patch notes.

Arc Star: Spikes & Sticks

Since launch, the Arc Star has seemed "spikey" to us. (To us, this means that the gameplay and personality are good, but it can sometimes feel unfair to use or fight against.) We did a few targeted tweaks:

- Increased ignition delay from 2.5 to 2.8

- Sticking a full health player will now down them [if they don't have armor].

- Players at the edge of the explosion no longer get their shields completely shredded

Gold Weapons

Players can look forward to finding a totally new set of gold weapons in Kings Canyon for the start of season 2. Look out for the final list in the Season 2 patch notes.

Ammo Stack Sizes

Apex players need to strike a fine balance between loading their backpacks with ammo, and holding other items for emergency or utility purposes. In a couple cases, we felt the stack sizes weren't well-balanced, so we tweaked:

- Shotgun max stack reduced from 64 to 16. Players now need multiple stacks of ammo to run a shotty.

- Energy max stack increased from 60 to 80 - now matches Light/ Heavy ammo.

Airdrop Weapons

Airdrop packages now use different loot tables for different phases of the game (early/ mid/ late). For example, players will find more Krabers in early and mid-game airdrops, while endgame airdrops should spawn more Mastiffs.

And, of course, these loot tables now include the L-STAR plasma LMG!

Season 2 Starts July 2!

Beyond the changes mentioned here, the weapon team still has a few tweaks up our sleeves for Season 2, so look out for our patch notes when the season starts on July 2.

And as always, from the entire Apex Legends team, thanks for playing!

I am personally looking forward to the energy weapon buffs and attachments. I already love energy weapons and the idea of the Devotion with a new lvl 2 mag and a turbocharger has got me psyched.

Also Pterodactyls with loot!
IMAGE(https://i.redd.it/6dt44th7g5531.png)

Protip from a video on the flyers:

Spoiler:

Yes, you can kill them for 252 damage. But, if you hit it once, let it fly a bit, and then hit it again, it will drop the lootbox without dying.

My teammates have been the ones killing them usually, so I have not paid attention to the name on the box, but apparently it can be a random name from your own friends list, or some developer or reddit person. Weird.

Season 2 trailers dropped today.

holy sh*t i thought it was July 16th! Next week is awesome!

I want to see the Battlepass. I assume they'll show that in the next couple days.

I'm excited for Watson. This looks awesome and time to get back in to brush up my skills.

hahahaha.. nice.. I finally completed my trophies for this on PS4.

Paid a visit to Repulsor, to say goodbye. Also spent a little time with the laptop on a hill.
I'll miss you, regular map.

Now, I want dinosaurs dropping on EVERYBODY.

And to see Skull Town covered in like 106 or so Watson fences. Maybe 108.

(also, the battlepass, if nothing else, will have 1200 crafting material so you can make any legendary you want. Seems fair.)

I tried playing a bit over the weekend. I was never good, but boy has it gotten worse after taking time off. That being said, I did make it to top two through no effort of me or my time. We just never saw anyone until there were only 3 teams left.

EverythingsTentative wrote:

I tried playing a bit over the weekend. I was never good, but boy has it gotten worse after taking time off. That being said, I did make it to top two through no effort of me or my time. We just never saw anyone until there were only 3 teams left.

Hopefully ranked mode will help.