Apex Legends - A Titanfall Battle Royale

Apparently there is now a jump pad outside of Market that is what the leaked next legend's ultimate is like. There is video of it, brb with that.

Edit: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/b1gben1810...

We used it last night. A fantastic way to attack the market roof without having to go inside and get on a rope. Or be a Pathfinder.

Minotaar wrote:

We used it last night. A fantastic way to attack the market roof without having to go inside and get on a rope. Or be a Pathfinder.

There are also stairs on the outside up to the roof, but I always feel exposed on them. You can also climb up the big doors if they're closed (and close them if they're open).

Fedaykin98 wrote:
Minotaar wrote:

We used it last night. A fantastic way to attack the market roof without having to go inside and get on a rope. Or be a Pathfinder.

There are also stairs on the outside up to the roof, but I always feel exposed on them. You can also climb up the big doors if they're closed (and close them if they're open).

There's also a couple places where you can mantle up to the roof as well without using the stairs. Especially when you have people focusing on the stairs and giving up their backs to you.

Bamboozle can use the jump pads too.

I never heard about it until I saw it while playing last night. Random team mates looked as surprised as me and they used it about 3 times to check it out. Isn't it weird that there is one jump pad on the whole map?

yregprincess wrote:

I never heard about it until I saw it while playing last night. Random team mates looked as surprised as me and they used it about 3 times to check it out. Isn't it weird that there is one jump pad on the whole map?

There's about 4 or 5, but you're right it is weird that they're all right at Market.

Minotaar wrote:
yregprincess wrote:

I never heard about it until I saw it while playing last night. Random team mates looked as surprised as me and they used it about 3 times to check it out. Isn't it weird that there is one jump pad on the whole map?

There's about 4 or 5, but you're right it is weird that they're all right at Market.

If it is truly an easter egg for the new charachter ability I wouldn't expect it to be everywhere.

I think its less easter egg, more an opportunity to derive real world data in order to tweak jump height etc before it goes into the new hero.

Battle pass details! (stolen from Chavyn)

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legend...

Read an article yesterday that says Apex is banning people who cheat with hardware bans. So if they create a new account on the same computer they get auto banned. I am not supporting cheaters and am fine with the punishment being harsh, but I am thinking about the risk of false positives being pushed out of the game, or even minor offenses that someone doesn't even realize is against the rules. As an example, we had a goodjer (won't name names but I am sure everyone knows who) who got a ban that we can only attribute to his mouse supporting macros and even though it was never configured to use that feature, it triggered their anti cheat and he got auto banned. Kind of scary if that would turn into a hardware ban just because you chose a mouse that did things in a particular way without your knowledge.

kazar wrote:

(won't name names but I am sure everyone knows who)

His name is dirty cheater!!!

escher77 wrote:
kazar wrote:

(won't name names but I am sure everyone knows who)

His name is dirty cheater!!!

I'm pretty sure there is missing an expletive in there.

It is but was trying to be nice. I'm not good at being nice.

I am a little bit underwhelmed by the Battle Pass but I'm not quite sure what I was expecting.

Tempest wrote:

I am a little bit underwhelmed by the Battle Pass but I'm not quite sure what I was expecting.

I'm not because I was not expecting a lot. I am underwhelmed by lack of information about the future. Is Solo/Duo coming? What weapons are coming? Any map or game mode changes scheduled?

Not expecting all of those but i think answer to any of those might create a little more buzz.

Le0 & I had a nice win today. He had 3 revives (at least 2 on me) and we had 9 kills between us. At the end, our 3rd, a young kid who had been silent all match, excitedly talked about how he was carried.

Le0 is better with the play-by-play, but it was a fun match!

escher77 wrote:
Tempest wrote:

I am a little bit underwhelmed by the Battle Pass but I'm not quite sure what I was expecting.

I'm not because I was not expecting a lot. I am underwhelmed by lack of information about the future. Is Solo/Duo coming? What weapons are coming? Any map or game mode changes scheduled?

Not expecting all of those but i think answer to any of those might create a little more buzz.

I was expecting challenges to complete, and I see no mention of that. It needs something else for me, I'm getting a bit bored already.