Apex Legends - A Titanfall Battle Royale

WizardM0de wrote:

Ok, sorta awkward since I now main her and have played more with Fed than anyone else, but...

My bad, I figured it was safe to say this since I thought you were dead!

But seriously, you'll always be Caustic in my heart.

I have started playing this and probably have 25 to 40 games in. I finally got a win today. Things are getting a bit easier. Such a torrid pace at the start. Hot dropping has helped me learn to fight better after so many deaths. I still am not good, but I am working toward satisfactory. Fun game. Like the pace. Overall, not too many dbags in any of the games I've played. Tried to play this with a controller on my pc after playing 20 games... had to stop that and return to the keyboard and mouse because I couldn't figure it out. Quite enjoyable game.

Main: Lifeline- always seems useful or Mirage if Lifeline is taken. With some of the legends the abilities can seem more of a distraction than a help.
Comp: I've not found any magic yet- in theory Bloodhound with smokey Bangalore and Caustic should do something but I've not found it to work in practice.
Loadout: Spitfire4life or Hemlock (setting to single fire has been highly recommended to me but I've yet to try it) + Wingman (because see below) or light ammo gun or shotty.

I spectated a player who killed me in a huge melee. They ran with I think the 301 and a wingman. Their default was spray with 301 then finish (downs) with Wingman. Always switched guns rather than reloading as a first option. They killed 13 people and nearly all the final shots were with the Wingman. Some of the downs were all with the Wingman. This person was obviously a much better player than me and their accuracy with the WM was incredible. I am trying to learn from this dude.

After I could not play for more than a day, I actually managed to get three wins with Lifeline within roughly ten games or so... two of them even back to back, which earns you that neat vulture badge... Having said that, I fear that I might not have contributed too much to those victories. I think I still play too passively, mainly because I feel that I am pretty bad at handling those guns... I still try to find the best combo... Most of the time it feels like pure luck to me whenever I do hit/kill someone...

By the way, for those playing on PS4, is it just me or does the jump at the start behave differently from time to time? Sometimes I can control it easily (diving — flying straight — diving — etc.) sometimes I just seem to fall straight down... or is there any trick I have not found out yet?

ranalin wrote:

Right and i was saying the primary reason they rank him at the bottom is due to his large hitbox. Biggest in the game. Not due to his kit.

I'm actually playing all characters. Working on the 'well balanced' badge. 5/8 so far and happen to be on Gibraltar at the moment :P

Ah, got it. Anyway, good luck on the ‘well balanced’ badge (though based on your other posts you’ve likely already gotten it by now)! I doubt I’ll ever get it myself but all this convo about Gib did inspire me to actually start playing with him and I’ve definitely enjoyed some of the in game moments he’s allowed me to have with his barrage and domed fortress abilities.

Main: Mirage though Bloodhound was my OG main.
Comp: Don't care, though having a Lifeline around is really handy.
Loadout: Spitfire, 301, Peacekeeper and Prowler with the Selective Fire attachment, in that order.

I just want to say that the Mastiff continues to gib people. I'm not sure I've ever shot it at someone I didn't down/eliminate, although occasionally it took more than one shot.

Main: I do not have one. I have played them all equally, except caustic. I just earned the credits for him.
Comp: No favorites. I do like getting aid from Lifeline though. Also ziplines and tunnels are fun.
Loadout: Spitfire, 301, and Prowler with the Selective Fire attachment.
The last couple days are driving me test the waters with a sniper. However, I suspect the sniping is less frequently needed.

Main: Lifeline-I love her fast revive that I never get to use because I die first

Comp: Two non-Lifeline’s who outlive me

Load out: Either (1) Mozambique that pisses off the squad that shanked me in the first minute or (2) A single arc grenade that pisses them off even more!

bhchrist wrote:

Main: Lifeline-I love her fast revive that I never get to use because I die first

Comp: Two non-Lifeline’s who outlive me

Only half-serious suggestion: Pick a character with added survivability (Bangalore with sprinting from danger/smoke to hide in or ruin enemies' views or Wraith with her escape tactical) and leave Lifeline for a teammate who can then use her best-in-class revive on you.

stingray wrote:

The last couple days are driving me test the waters with a sniper. However, I suspect the sniping is less frequently needed.

Sniping is so situational in this game. You can't play it like other BRs and try and post up in an overwatch position to rain down bullets.

One you're very vulnerable when alone and with the movement abilities in the game an easy target. Two you're not contributing enough in most team fights. Three it's so easy to heal in the game. If you're not pressing in a fight you're probably losing and you're most likely to win a fight/game when pushing as a whole team. Otherwise they just heal up. Nothing more than inflating stat numbers and not useful for a win.

They're great for that initial opening and busting armor but after that it's time to get your hands dirty.

Pathfinder for life

One thing that has dramatically improved my skill in this game (I used to be terrible, now I'm just very bad) is using headphones while playing. Hearing footsteps approaching from a specific direction is so useful.

mrlogical wrote:

One thing that has dramatically improved my skill in this game (I used to be terrible, now I'm just very bad) is using headphones while playing. Hearing footsteps approaching from a specific direction is so useful.

Honestly, this applies to any modern FPS PC or Console.

Main: Mirage, Wraith, or Pathfinder. I love having either a movement advantage, but mostly love buh buh buh bamboozleoozle

Comp: I could not care less, so long as we stick together and shoot together.

Load out: Wingman, R99/301/45. Peacekeeper and Spitfire are beastly also, especially with the Pkeeps choke and an extended mag for the Spitoon

Minotaar wrote:

Main: Mirage, Wraith, or Pathfinder. I love having either a movement advantage, but mostly love buh buh buh bamboozleoozle

Comp: I could not care less, so long as we stick together and shoot together.

Load out: Wingman, R99/301/45. Peacekeeper and Spitfire are beastly also, especially with the Pkeeps choke and an extended mag for the Spitoon

Same!

Loadout: Wingman, Peacekeeper, Scout. Spitfire is awesome if close combat. Need more time with the other weapons. Havoc I like the auto fire, still earning the beam.

Havok with turbo charger is pretty good. However, one major issue is energy weapons are so seldom used no one else carriers the ammo often. So the extra energy weapon did make energy ammo much more plentiful while looting. Normally if you take out another squad you can replenish some/most ammo but I find it hard to do that with the Havok. Twice recently I started with it had like 200 ammo and then had to change after 2 fights because I was low on ammo.

The beam is not very good. In a pinch if you don't have a turbo charger for it sure you can switch for a long shot. However, sniping is already situational in the game as Ranalin posted above and to add that it hits less than a longbow with a charge up and a spotting laser.

Yeah agreed, energy ammo is a pain to come by, especially if another squad mate is using a weapon needing it as well.

I am getting less and less interested in sniping due to what Ranalin mentioned and the ease of getting in cover, healing, rinse and repeat. Unless the squad is intent on killing the sniper and the sniper's two other squaddies go to flank the distracted enemy squad.

If anyone else likes watching steams of Apex Legends, Mixer (MS's Twitch alternative) has a channel concept called HypeZone that is like the NFL RedZone. In this case, it only shows steams when they get to three squads remaining. You watch the rest of the game, then it moves on to another one.

I just learned about this today, and a couple times it's seemed to get stuck on a streamer, but exiting and reselecting HypeZone has fixed it.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

If anyone else likes watching steams of Apex Legends, Mixer (MS's Twitch alternative) has a channel concept called HypeZone that is like the NFL RedZone. In this case, it only shows steams when they get to three squads remaining. You watch the rest of the game, then it moves on to another one.

I just learned about this today, and a couple times it's seemed to get stuck on a streamer, but exiting and reselecting HypeZone has fixed it.

Mixer doesn't have as much of an audience so most big streamers don't go there, but that feature is really good for the rest of the streamers as it can give more exposure to the small guys.

Anyone seen the rumors that next week starts a battle pass and Octane legend?

https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/06/ape...

Thoughts on the truth?

stingray wrote:

Anyone seen the rumors that next week starts a battle pass and Octane legend?

https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/06/ape...

Thoughts on the truth?

I check Apex reddit several times a day, and recommend it to people interested in this stuff. March 12 is the current rumor, but March 1 was the previous rumor. There's nothing official out there. Respawn's community manager for reddit had said he was going to start doing daily updates, but now I don't think we've heard from him in a week or more.

At this point I'm wondering if Respawn wants to drop it on us out of nowhere like they did with the original game. While that was very cool and worked well, I'm not sure it's a good service model.

It's a pretty good bet that whatever success Respawn was expecting, Apex Legends has exceeded it.

Fedaykin98 wrote:
stingray wrote:

Anyone seen the rumors that next week starts a battle pass and Octane legend?

https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/06/ape...

Thoughts on the truth?

I check Apex reddit several times a day, and recommend it to people interested in this stuff. March 12 is the current rumor, but March 1 was the previous rumor. There's nothing official out there. Respawn's community manager for reddit had said he was going to start doing daily updates, but now I don't think we've heard from him in a week or more.

At this point I'm wondering if Respawn wants to drop it on us out of nowhere like they did with the original game. While that was very cool and worked well, I'm not sure it's a good service model.

It's a pretty good bet that whatever success Respawn was expecting, Apex Legends has exceeded it.

They gave us a roadmap. We know it drops in March. When exactly is up to them.

I found that "roadmap" to be kind of ridiculously vague - a placeholder at best. Even as vague as it is, I'd be slightly surprised if they conformed to its details.

I do think they'll get a Battle Pass out this month, simply because they're leaving money on the table every day until they do. A lot of players are ready to buy the pass but haven't been willing to buy the coins they've offered for direct MTX and lootboxes.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

I found that "roadmap" to be kind of ridiculously vague - a placeholder at best. Even as vague as it is, I'd be slightly surprised if they conformed to its details.

I do think they'll get a Battle Pass out this month, simply because they're leaving money on the table every day until they do. A lot of players are ready to buy the pass but haven't been willing to buy the coins they've offered for direct MTX and lootboxes.

How is this vague?

IMAGE(https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/13742038/Screen_Shot_2019_02_06_at_3.49.34_PM.png)

There's even rumors they're releasing stuff early. You're also wrong about people not willing to pay coins. There's tons of videos out there of people spending hundreds of dollars to get that one skin or pose they want.

I consider that vague, maybe you don't, and that's your opinion. I'm certainly not wrong about what I said about coins; maybe try reading that again.

New Legends, Battle Pass, Weapons, Loot each season starting March. Not sure I'd call that Vague. They certainly did not give details but it certainly lets us know what we are getting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends...

First balance changes have been made!

Fedaykin98 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends...

First balance changes have been made!

Gun changes are live now! Legend changes will happen with Battle Pass. "SoonTM"