2019 NFL Offseason Extravaganza

I have a soft spot for Kaepernick and always will, but he's not delivering 75% of Wilson's output.

Even though Seattle runs the ball heavily, they rely on the pass heavily for impact plays. They were dead last in pass attempts last year, yet 5th in passing TDs. Wilson's 8.2% touchdown pass percentage was second only to Mahomes' 8.6%, and nobody else in the league even reached 7.0%.

Wilson's passing ability is what makes that offense go. He's the threat that makes the run-heavy offense possible. Him leaving the NFC West would be a Christmas present to the rest of the division.

*Legion* wrote:

I have a soft spot for Kaepernick and always will, but he's not delivering 75% of Wilson's output.

Even though Seattle runs the ball heavily, they rely on the pass heavily for impact plays. They were dead last in pass attempts last year, yet 5th in passing TDs. Wilson's 8.2% touchdown pass percentage was second only to Mahomes' 8.6%, and nobody else in the league even reached 7.0%.

Wilson's passing ability is what makes that offense go. He's the threat that makes the run-heavy offense possible. Him leaving the NFC West would be a Christmas present to the rest of the division.

Are those numbers a product of luck and/or sequencing or indicative of some underlying skillset? As an example -- baseball HR/FB rate stabalizes somewhere around 12%. If a pitcher is running a rate way below that, you know that some regression is coming and they're nowhere near as good as they've looked to that point in the season.

I've specifically avoided getting into football analytics because I got into baseball analytics and that just made me unable to watch the Mariners because it didn't take long to figure out that they're run by morons. My worry is the same thing would happen with football and I just want to continue to enjoy watching roided-out physical freaks try to kill eachother.

billt721 wrote:

Are those numbers a product of luck and/or sequencing or indicative of some underlying skillset?

8.2% is a career high, but his career average of 6.0% would have been good for 8th in the league last year.

Wilson throws TDs. He has played behind an offensive line that would get most NFL QBs murdered and he hasn't so much as missed a single start in his career.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/CqS3gFt.jpg)

Seattle and Wilson come to a deal at the 11th hour. 4 years, $140 million, $65 million signing bonus (with probably more other fully guaranteed money). Basically mirroring Aaron Rodgers' deal, with the usual one-upping.

EDIT: $107m guaranteed, and a no trade clause. No word on how much of those guarantees are fully guaranteed. I'm guessing it's going to be along the lines of Matt Ryan's deal, which was $100m guaranteed, with $94m of that fully guaranteed.

"they're already spectacular"

No, not Legion's salary cap and draft analysis.

It's the Carolina Panthers uniforms.

Yes, that's where we are in the offseason: FO is writing about uniforms, and I'm reading it.

The draft is soon, yes?

Enix wrote:

"they're already spectacular"

No, not Legion's salary cap and draft analysis.

It's the Carolina Panthers uniforms.

The Panthers did what the Jaguars should have: taken their 1995 jerseys and left them the f*ck alone for 25 years.

Other than adding the blue alternates, and switching to black pants as their primary, the Panthers still basically look like this:

IMAGE(http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/images/1995_Carolina.png?6181)

Yeah, let's move the draft sooner. For the love of gawd, make it earlier, again.

So, Travis Kelce likes beer.

Yeah well George Kittle likes Game of Thrones:

(spoilers from Sunday's episode)

Does he like GoT as much as Chris Long. And this is not just a recap. The dude goes for 3000 words on the season premiere.
IMAGE(https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2Fstyles%2Fmarquee_large_2x%2Fs3%2Fimages%2FGame-of-thrones_Recap_Graphic.jpg%3Fitok%3D1mbQWzvx&w=800&q=85)

Parts sign Demaryius Thomas which is exactly the sort of thing they do.

garion333 wrote:

Parts sign Demaryius Thomas which is exactly the sort of thing they do.

I'm so tired of the Parts.

I mean, I think he is a scuzz bucket, but waiting this long for release seems overly punitive.

Enix wrote:

No happy endings here!

That judgement is a little premature!

I heard that due the length of the tape, they are just going to release a gif.

He's a busy man, he ain't got time to hang around all day. Gotta get it done and on to the next thing.

What else did he have to do that day?

Jayhawker wrote:

What else did he have to do that day?

Watch his team beat your team.

Rat Boy wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

What else did he have to do that day?

Watch his team beat your team.

Wow. I knew I was setting it up. I didn't realize it was going to off in my face.

Is every team doing a Game of Thrones opening credit video to announce their schedule?

One of the worst parts of Gronk retiring is that we will no longer get news snippets like this:

Of course Rob Gronkowski dented the Lombardi Trophy by using it as a baseball bat

Rat Boy wrote:

Is every team doing a Game of Thrones opening credit video to announce their schedule?

Not Carolina!

The Panthers went with some old school video games -- Madden, Tony Hawk, Mario Kart, Pac-Cam, even Oregon Trail. Very cool.

EvilDead wrote:

One of the worst parts of Gronk retiring is that we will no longer get news snippets like this:

Of course Rob Gronkowski dented the Lombardi Trophy by using it as a baseball bat

I thought that had to be a fake but it looks like it is real. Can you imagine if Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham had done this? I know it would be a parallel universe where they get to pick up a Lombardi in the first place but I think the tone would be a lot different. Instead of loveable oaf being silly and funny, it would be disrespectful thug damaging a precious heirloom.

EvilDead wrote:
Enix wrote:

No happy endings here!

That judgement is a little premature!

4 PRIMETIME GAMES!

I don't think the Browns have had four primetime games since their repatriation (excluding Thursday Night Football)

Docjoe wrote:
EvilDead wrote:

One of the worst parts of Gronk retiring is that we will no longer get news snippets like this:

Of course Rob Gronkowski dented the Lombardi Trophy by using it as a baseball bat

I thought that had to be a fake but it looks like it is real. Can you imagine if Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham had done this? I know it would be a parallel universe where they get to pick up a Lombardi in the first place but I think the tone would be a lot different. Instead of loveable oaf being silly and funny, it would be disrespectful thug damaging a precious heirloom.

I agree 100%. I do like the idea of the trophy being treated more like the Stanley Cup, though. But, there is no way black players could do this without major repercussions. I mean, you know the president would get involved.