NFL 2018: Week 17

JuJu won the team MVP award.

LeapingGnome wrote:
Top_Shelf wrote:

Imagine if relegation were a thing:

ARI and SF to D1
Alabama and Clemson to NFL

Even the 0-16 Browns would slaughter Alabama. They might even win if it was 7 on 11.

Agreed. But with actual relegation, teams would be free to sign whomever, whenever. I'd be interested in seeing a team of several first-rounders along with free agents (Alabama) in the league. Over time, things would balance out.

*Legion* wrote:

So the NFL just fired damn near all of its black head coaches. Thoughts?

Bad teams are the ones hiring new coaches.

Rooney Rule encourages teams to hire minority coaches.

These new (minority) coaches lose because the teams that hire them are bad. The owner is bad. Management is bad. Culture is bad. Draft is bad. Free-agent signings are bad. Injuries hit. Etc. etc. etc. You need more than a year (hi Steve Wilks!) or two (hey Vance Joseph!) to fix that.

Team Fan (lots of white dudes!) demand: LOOSER COACHES SHULD BE FIRED! (Never mind that Team Fan wouldn't put up with that kind of thinking at their workplace or they'd be out on their ass, too.)

Coach is fired and the cycle repeats itself. Except this time, there probably aren't enough black/Latinx coaches in the pipeline to replace the minority coaches getting sh*t-canned this season. That's the bigger problem here.

garion333 wrote:

Antonio Brown had a good season, why is he bitching so damn much? Because Juju had more yards than him?

Seems interesting to me that this is the second star player on the Steelers that's not getting along well with somebody else on the team.

*Legion* wrote:
Rat Boy wrote:

The Steelers, man.

George Kittle tweeted AB: "Sup?"

AB replied with the starry-eyed smiley face.

Jimmy Garoppolo retweeted the exchange.

None of the above is made up:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/mtlSPcO.jpg)

Now Antonio Brown wants a trade.

Rat Boy wrote:
garion333 wrote:

Antonio Brown had a good season, why is he bitching so damn much? Because Juju had more yards than him?

Seems interesting to me that this is the second star player on the Steelers that's not getting along well with somebody else on the team.

Yeah, my boss has been bitching about the selfish personalities for a while. Pittsburgh has gona absolutely gaga over JuJu in part because he's a likeable and fun guy. AB used to be like that but it's become clear he's gone and turned a bit diva.

If you ask around many think it's because of Tomlin. I don't know.

*Legion* wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.giphy.com/media/9RNGg4IQiufp6/giphy.gif)

Niners could go after OBJ, too.

Now let's all wait for the next .gif.

Enix wrote:
*Legion* wrote:

So the NFL just fired damn near all of its black head coaches. Thoughts?

Bad teams are the ones hiring new coaches.

Rooney Rule encourages teams to hire minority coaches.

These new (minority) coaches lose because the teams that hire them are bad. The owner is bad. Management is bad. Culture is bad. Draft is bad. Free-agent signings are bad. Injuries hit. Etc. etc. etc. You need more than a year (hi Steve Wilks!) or two (hey Vance Joseph!) to fix that.

Team Fan (lots of white dudes!) demand: LOOSER COACHES SHULD BE FIRED! (Never mind that Team Fan wouldn't put up with that kind of thinking at their workplace or they'd be out on their ass, too.)

Coach is fired and the cycle repeats itself. Except this time, there probably aren't enough black/Latinx coaches in the pipeline to replace the minority coaches getting sh*t-canned this season. That's the bigger problem here.

It's actually a thing.

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/glass-cliff/

Only 5 percent of Fortune 500 companies are run by women. Why? Research shows that female executives are more likely to be put in charge of firms that are already in crisis. Are they being set up to fail?

Jim Bob Cooter out in Detroit (as OC). This isn't a surprise, but you can't blame the poor end to the season entirely on him since they treaded away Golden Tate and Marvin Jones and Kerryon Johnson got hurt.

But a change is needed there.

garion333 wrote:

Jim Bob Cooter out in Detroit (as OC). This isn't a surprise, but you can't blame the poor end to the season entirely on him since they treaded away Golden Tate and Marvin Jones and Kerryon Johnson got hurt.

But a change is needed there.

Maybe they could fire the guy who's late for his own meetings?