Help selecting a power bank

I'm at a loss as to what I should get for additional power supply while traveling on a plane. I lug my 17" laptop along with me and like to game, but the battery in my laptop doesn't allow me to play very long. TSA requires that I keep it under 160 Wh or under 100 Wh if I don't check in advance. I need to hold out on a plane for 2.5 hours or run the DVD player to keep the kids occupied for that amount of time .

In looking at many different options, I see value in being able to plug in additional items while I camp or am mobile. The 110v standard 3 prong connection is nice for the camping situation. That would just be a bonus I guess, so my wife doesn't get too mad at me when I can have a counter point to the question " Now, why do you need that?" Plugging in a fan when it is 90 out or running the portable speaker for music is a beneficial counter point.

Can some of you experts point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong but I don't think there are any portable power banks with 3 prong connectors. If you are going for portable I believe Anker makes some good ones. I only use one made for phones and tablets but it is great.

Anker only has one, the PowerHouse. However, it's way above the TSA 160Wh of combined devices per person max all on its own (it's 400Wh!). The only other brand I trust much is RAVPower - primarily because of their customer service. They have one which fits the bill here: https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Port...

The RAVPower one is only supposed to be used with AC devices up to 70W, so make sure your devices use no more than that. It also doesn't say if it's TSA certified, but I've calculated it's 135Wh. May be too much depending on your other devices.

Also a tip: Manufacturers are measuring mAh at a specific voltage - usually around 5v (USB standard without quick charging). A battery that's 100Wh will be rated at 20000mAh at 5v, but it'll be 909mAh at 110v. Actual usage time will vary.

I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-TSA-approved-Jackery-PowerBar-Compatible/dp/B076DXWPHS/

It works as a regular USB power source, and has a button to turn on the inverter for the three-prong outlet. I've been through airport security with it dozens of times. I do seem to get a bag search more often than most people, but that could be due to any number of things I lug around. I run an Asus ROG Zephyrus M on it with no problems.

deftly wrote:

I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-TSA-approved-Jackery-PowerBar-Compatible/dp/B076DXWPHS/

It works as a regular USB power source, and has a button to turn on the inverter for the three-prong outlet. I've been through airport security with it dozens of times. I do seem to get a bag search more often than most people, but that could be due to any number of things I lug around. I run an Asus ROG Zephyrus M on it with no problems.

That looks like it would do the trick. Does that power bank give you some decent run time on a plane? Trying to figure out if I need one or 2 of them.

tundra wrote:
deftly wrote:

I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-TSA-approved-Jackery-PowerBar-Compatible/dp/B076DXWPHS/

It works as a regular USB power source, and has a button to turn on the inverter for the three-prong outlet. I've been through airport security with it dozens of times. I do seem to get a bag search more often than most people, but that could be due to any number of things I lug around. I run an Asus ROG Zephyrus M on it with no problems.

That looks like it would do the trick. Does that power bank give you some decent run time on a plane? Trying to figure out if I need one or 2 of them.

It's kind of hard to say, tbh. Most of the planes I've been on lately have power outlets. I've used it more in airports when I haven't been able to find an outlet in the terminal. Also, the laptop's power load varies a lot. It's probably most accurate to say that I can get a full charge on my laptop battery from it.

deftly wrote:
tundra wrote:
deftly wrote:

I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-TSA-approved-Jackery-PowerBar-Compatible/dp/B076DXWPHS/

It works as a regular USB power source, and has a button to turn on the inverter for the three-prong outlet. I've been through airport security with it dozens of times. I do seem to get a bag search more often than most people, but that could be due to any number of things I lug around. I run an Asus ROG Zephyrus M on it with no problems.

That looks like it would do the trick. Does that power bank give you some decent run time on a plane? Trying to figure out if I need one or 2 of them.

It's kind of hard to say, tbh. Most of the planes I've been on lately have power outlets. I've used it more in airports when I haven't been able to find an outlet in the terminal. Also, the laptop's power load varies a lot. It's probably most accurate to say that I can get a full charge on my laptop battery from it.

That makes sense. Thank you for the response.