2019 NBA Catch-All - It’s Fantastic

Warriors would be lucky to take one of the first two, but now they'd be lucky to get one of the two of KD or Iggy back from injury. Toronto's odds to win just shot up dramatically.

Oooh boy. Well looks like we might have a series.

Wow that was fun to watch. Siakam breaking out of his mini-slump is huge. Danny Green hitting 3s and the having dual angry fire hydrants in VanVleet and Lowry can cause problems.

This seems good:

Got really worried when the Raptors kept fouling Curry but they got it done.

The only foul that bothered me was when he jumped into Gasol and got three. I'd rather they foul him on twos than let him make threes. Naturally the best option is to force pretty much anyone else to shoot.

Gasol really impressed me today. He was far more aggressive than he's been at any point in these playoffs.

Vector wrote:

The only foul that bothered me was when he jumped into Gasol and got three. I'd rather they foul him on twos than let him make threes. Naturally the best option is to force pretty much anyone else to shoot.

Gasol really impressed me today. He was far more aggressive than he's been at any point in these playoffs.

Everyone was essentially good that Leonard didn't have to go super Saiyan to save them like in previous games.

If KD just doesn't play at all that would be swell. I think everyone is over the stacked version of the Warriors.

Man, to be in Toronto tonight. I still think the Warriors will win, but I can't imagine a better town in North America to be in after a big win right now.

jowner wrote:

If KD just doesn't play at all that would be swell. I think everyone is over the stacked version of the Warriors.

Eventually, everyone starts rooting for Superman to get the sh*t beaten out of him.

Prederick wrote:

Man, to be in Toronto tonight. I still think the Warriors will win, but I can't imagine a better town in North America to be in after a big win right now.

jowner wrote:

If KD just doesn't play at all that would be swell. I think everyone is over the stacked version of the Warriors.

Eventually, everyone starts rooting for Superman to get the sh*t beaten out of him.

Funny part is I love watching GS/Splash Brothers and KD. Separately.

Wherever KD lands this offseason I hope his team is competitive enough to be a conference final caliber team.

My issue with KD is he had multiple tries at OKC to carry a team like Lebron and failed.. so he packed up and went with the best team in the league that was already stacked so he could win with zero pressure. He's a great player (probably 2nd or 3rd in the league) but he's no Lebron when it comes to single handed carrying a team (not necessarily to win it all since LeBron really hasn't done that either) but at least to the finals.

To be fair, KD could have carried plenty of teams in the weak ass East to the finals the last decade, just like LBJ did.

He could have even had Ray Allen save his ass and luck into a championship he tried to choke away too.

IMAGE(https://cbscleveland.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/back.png?w=453&h=600)

Watching the Raptors take control of this Game 1 was very satisfying. They are peaking at the right time. Also credit to Nick Nurse for prepping his guys to play some inspired defence.

Gasol in particular was very disruptive. Kudos to him

fangblackbone wrote:

Gasol in particular was very disruptive. Kudos to him :)

These little things add up. The Gasol trade didn't look like a slam dunk during the regular season, but you can't put a price on leadership and someone who doesn't wilt under pressure. I was really impressed by the Raptors yesterday and hope they can continue what they're doing. It's an awesome story and I'm really pulling for the fan base.

Spoiler:

Except Drake

Stele wrote:

To be fair, KD could have carried plenty of teams in the weak ass East to the finals the last decade, just like LBJ did.

He could have even had Ray Allen save his ass and luck into a championship he tried to choke away too.

That is a good point.. noted. Lebron still > KD.

There's an article on Sportsnet about the load management of Kawhi, and the approach taken by the sports science director Alex Mckechnie.

The Maestro of Load Management Key to Raptors' Playoff success

https://apple.news/A7snpETKETz6KNmHg...

I like this Drake curse thing.

Toronto passes so well.

Sloppy game so far and lots of weird calls or non-calls, but so far so good for Toronto.

Woah boy.

Raptors looking real good.

Come on 3rd quarter Warriors...

Missed opportunity for the Raptors, they should really be up big.

Half court defence still looks good.

I know us casuals are supposed to hate the Warriors b/c of KD, Draymond and their dominance but Steph and Klay are so likable I can't root against them. Hope they get another.

Spoiler:

At the expense of Draaaaaaaaake.

Stele wrote:

Come on 3rd quarter Warriors...

That's more like it.

And game.

Pretty terrible game, actually. Just no flow, really. Really sloppy play on the part of the Raptors. Lots of missed or terrible calls. At one point Klay Thompson double dribbled and they just went and called foul AFTER the double dribble.

Thompson injured himself basically doing the splits in an attempt to draw a foul.

I'm so tired of corny attempts to draw fouls. I agree with JVG. They need to drum that out of the league. In the case of Thompson there's a little bit of karma there.

Top_Shelf wrote:

I know us casuals are supposed to hate the Warriors b/c of KD, Draymond and their dominance but Steph and Klay are so likable I can't root against them. Hope they get another.

Spoiler:

At the expense of Draaaaaaaaake.

I'm not sure about that. I'm not a huge Durant fan nor a huge fan of superteams, but I'm pulling for the Raptors because it's an interesting story and somewhat novel.

Dunno about likeable. They are great players but super bland. They are like toast.

It was agonizing watching the box score updates. The neither team scored for like 4 minutes and the Warriors went a couple minutes longer without scoring only to score I guess a 3 with 7 seconds left...

DSGamer wrote:

Pretty terrible game, actually. Just no flow, really. Really sloppy play on the part of the Raptors. Lots of missed or terrible calls. At one point Klay Thompson double dribbled and they just went and called foul AFTER the double dribble.

Thompson injured himself basically doing the splits in an attempt to draw a foul.

I'm so tired of corny attempts to draw fouls. I agree with JVG. They need to drum that out of the league. In the case of Thompson there's a little bit of karma there.

I agree with all of this. Of course with Scott Foster and Tony Brothers as refs you knew there would be a bunch of bad and weird calls.

TheGameguru wrote:

Dunno about likeable. They are great players but super bland. They are like toast.

That’s...just not true.