Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Great suggestions!

I also have come to recognize what Star Wars is: sci Fi for kids. It's really good at that! I need to regularly remind myself of that and stop expecting all the Gen X creators to create content for Gen X people like myself that are in middle age. Andor filled that role.

But in a way, stuff like the prequels are a little more inline with what Star Wars is at its best.

I only have one question:

Obi-Wan or Andor?

Top_Shelf wrote:

I only have one question:

Obi-Wan or Andor?

Why not both?

If you have to choose one, Andor.

Andor, by far

Andor is S-Tier tv, not just Star Wars.

My personal list:

1. Andor
2. Mandolorian Season 1
---
3. Mandalorian Season 2
4. Mandalorian Season 3
5. The Second half of the Book of Boba Fett
6. Obi-Wan
--
7. The first half of the Book of Boba Fett

*Obi-Wan may be higher if you haven't watched Rebels and seen their best beats done better in that show.

Top_Shelf wrote:

I only have one question:

Obi-Wan or Andor?

I think he was asking which series we think Ahsoka will be closer to, and honestly I think it's Obi-Wan. Based on those trailers, Ahsoka doesn't seem to have the grit, depth, nuance, or multiple storylines of Andor. I hope it's more like Mando 1 or 2, but probably Obi-Wan.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:

Andor is S-Tier tv, not just Star Wars.

My personal list:

1. Andor
2. Mandolorian Season 1
---
3. Mandalorian Season 2
4. Mandalorian Season 3
5. The Second half of the Book of Boba Fett
6. Obi-Wan
--
7. The first half of the Book of Boba Fett

*Obi-Wan may be higher if you haven't watched Rebels and seen their best beats done better in that show.

I am so confused by your Boba Fett rankings unless you have Mando S2.5 as part of the second half. Then still I'm not sure.

Mixolyde wrote:

I hope it's more like Mando 1 or 2, but probably Obi-Wan.

Can tell all that from a trailer, can ya?

Seriously, this isn't trying to be like Andor, I don't think.

Veloxi wrote:
Mixolyde wrote:

I hope it's more like Mando 1 or 2, but probably Obi-Wan.

Can tell all that from a trailer, can ya?

Seriously, this isn't trying to be like Andor, I don't think.

Of course I can't tell, it's just a gut feeling. Also I am trying to tamp down my own expectations because I love Ahsoka and Rosario so much.

lunchbox12682 wrote:
UpToIsomorphism wrote:

Andor is S-Tier tv, not just Star Wars.

My personal list:

1. Andor
2. Mandolorian Season 1
---
3. Mandalorian Season 2
4. Mandalorian Season 3
5. The Second half of the Book of Boba Fett
6. Obi-Wan
--
7. The first half of the Book of Boba Fett

*Obi-Wan may be higher if you haven't watched Rebels and seen their best beats done better in that show.

I am so confused by your Boba Fett rankings unless you have Mando S2.5 as part of the second half. Then still I'm not sure.

Pretty much, I didn't know how highly it was known that BoBF turns into Mando 2.5. I would put all the Mando stuff at 5 and the non-Mando stuff in BoBA at 7.

Veloxi wrote:
Mixolyde wrote:

I hope it's more like Mando 1 or 2, but probably Obi-Wan.

Can tell all that from a trailer, can ya?

Seriously, this isn't trying to be like Andor, I don't think.

I'm hoping for It to be more like Rebels season 5 than either Andor, Mando, or Obi-wan.

Stengah wrote:

I'm hoping for It to be more like Rebels season 5 than either Andor, Mando, or Obi-wan.

Yeah, I too hope it'll be more in tone with Rebels or Clone Wars, given Ahsoka's history.

That all seems fair.

My flippant question was more about quality.

I don't know that an Ahsoka show lends itself to a pulp fiction type thing like Andor.