Registration is nearing the end. We're still looking to fill these last few spots:
Redraft: 6 spots
Dynasty: 1 spot
Gonzo: 1 spot
The Chase for the Kolb: Filled! 0 spots, can still sign up for "standby" list.
It's that time again!
This thread is specifically to signup for, and discussion about, the GWJFFL, the official fantasy football league of Gamers with Jobs.
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis, with priority given to returning owners. Teams who sign up after all positions are filled will be added to a waiting list to be contacted should a slot become available. The waiting list carries over from year to year so signing up as an alternate for this season reserves your position until you forfeit it.
Changes for 2018:
- Pro is now called... well we'll get to that in a moment. I am rearranging the rewards system of the pay league, simplifying the money down to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. I am eliminating the various small payouts, much of which tended to be won by the top placers anyway, as well as taking a portion of that money to offer... another prize.
I think champions should win something they can touch. Something they can show off. As such, going forward, I will dedicate a small portion of the prize money pool to the purchase of a
washed-out ex-player underappreciated former star's jersey, which will serve as the trophy that we will all do battle for.
As such, 2018's pay league is... The Chase for the Kolb:
Our lucky champion will receive this
discount rack rare and highly sought-after jersey, shipped directly to their door, to wear proudly as an eternal reminder of their year of fantasy football dominance.
In addition to the jersey, the winner will receive a small customized plaque or trophy (still TBD), proclaiming their victory and attainment of The Kolb.
- Introducing... the Gonzo League! As discussed in the offseason, we will introduce a new league this season. The concept is simple: the league begins with the same base rule set as a normal redraft league. A set of rule modifications will be selected from a pool of options, by random draw. The modifications will change the normal fantasy football experience into... something else. Expect rules to reshuffle how scoring works, how rosters are managed, etc., into something that no pre-prepared cheat sheet is going to help you with.
In a separate thread, we will discuss Gonzo League rule modification options, leading up until a few days before the draft, at which point I will draw the rule modifications and announce what rules the league will play under this season.
- I am officially cancelling the concept of promotion/relegation, which made some sense when we had very deep player counts, but makes less sense now. Players can sign up for the any leagues they wish directly, and in the event that we have enough redraft owners to fill out more than one league, the leagues will be filled in order first-come first-serve by returning owners, then first-come first-serve by new joiners. (Not that we've been doing any promotion/relegation lately anyway, but this announcement is its official removal from the rules)
While the structure and rules of the GWJFFL are based on the (now defunct) World Championship of Online Fantasy Football, the GWJFFL is a dynamic league and subject to evolution. Please review the official GWJFFL rules to ensure you are familiar with them. (Note: still need to make some edits to this document, coming soon)
GWJFFL offers leagues in three different formats: redraft, dynasty, and a unique chaotic experience.
Redraft format includes both a single "money league" that charges an entry fee, as well as system of free leagues, which will number based on the number of players requesting entrance. Any GWJ site member is eligible to join.
- GWJFFL The Chase for the Kolb ("money league")
- GWJFFL Redraft (one or more leagues dependent on player count)
- GWJFFL Dynasty
- GWJFFL Gonzo
In order to register, reply to this post, stating your desire to play, and in which leagues you are interested in playing.
Your post should roughly adhere to the following format:
This looks like it's going to be a great year in the GWJFFL. I'd like to participate in
GWJFFL The Chase for the Kolb
as well as
and I want to make things weird in
Placement in the leagues will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority given to returning players.
Registration will close at 23:59 PDT on Wednesday, 08/29.