[Discussion] Hope to Remember The Trump Administration Thread as being 'transparent and honest'

Let's follow and discuss what our newest presidential administration gets up to, the good, the bad, the lawsuits, and the many many indictments.

One Hundred Billion. Like, does he actually believe that? Over how many decades?

Story I read this morning (in German) stated Germany subsidized the US troops in Germany to the tune of 243 million EUR in the past 7 years. That includes taking care of former contractors and maintenance of property and buildings. On top of that, Germany subsidizes construction for US military projects.

Story claims that of the 480 million EUR budget for subsidizing NATO partner construction projects (between 2012-2019), it went "almost exclusively" to US projects.
To be fair, the presence of other militaries in Germany is minimal. France still has a single base in Trier. The Russians are gone AFAIK, and I don`t think Britain has anything left here either.

Currently there are 35,700 US military personnel in the country, with another 17,000 American and 12,000 German civilians working for them.

AUs_TBirD wrote:

Russians are gone AFAIK

The Russians are never truly gone

AUs_TBirD wrote:

One Hundred Billion. Like, does he actually believe that? Over how many decades?

It's incredibly sad, but he literally believes that. Never mind that NATO countries agreed to gradually increase their military spending to 2% of GDP by 2024. In Trump's mind they aren't paying America enough money for military protection even though no country actually cuts a check to the US Treasury and writes "military protection" in the memo section.

It's like his absolute ignorance of international trade. During a press conference today he accused China of "ripping $500 billion out of America" over the past five or so years. Nothing like that actually happened. We ran a trade imbalance with China because American consumers want the cheaper products China makes, whether it's a smartphone or a hunk of industrial machinery. But in Trump's mind any negative trade balance is bad and means that America is losing.

The moron also believes--and has repeatedly said--that China is paying America the tariffs he's imposed on Chinese goods. He literally believes that the Chinese government is cutting billion dollar checks to the US Treasury even though that's not remotely how tariffs work.

And, as his little exchange of annotated articles with Canada's prime minister exposed, the idiot doesn't understand that international trade is more than physical goods. He completely ignores services, which makes up about a third of our global trade.

OG_slinger wrote:

"I am the chosen one," said Trump as he raised his hands and looked to the heavens during a press conference after using one of the 16 tweets he sent today to praise a conservative conspiracy theorist who said that Israeli Jews "love [Trump] like he is the second coming of God."

HOW IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE?? Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama had said this?

BF is Jewish and I've been pondering whether we should consider using Israel's "Law of Return" to move there before the USA goes full Holocaust. We would have to get married here for me to get citizenship, but that was a foregone conclusion anyway.

I mean how else do you explain someone who bankrupted multiple casinos, the one business that's almost impossible to fail?

He's a f*cking idiot.

NathanialG wrote:

HOW IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE?? Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama had said this?

"Liberals think Obama is the Chosen One" was a clockwork-regular element of conservative mockery for his entire presidency and probably beyond.

qaraq wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

HOW IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE?? Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama had said this?

"Liberals think Obama is the Chosen One" was a clockwork-regular element of conservative mockery for his entire presidency and probably beyond.

I distinctly remember being at a birthday party in March of 2010 and having a drunk-as-f*ck right winger business major screaming at people about how "we" all treated "Emperor Obama" as the Chosen One.

Reaper81 wrote:
qaraq wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

HOW IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE?? Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama had said this?

"Liberals think Obama is the Chosen One" was a clockwork-regular element of conservative mockery for his entire presidency and probably beyond.

I distinctly remember being at a birthday party in March of 2010 and having a drunk-as-f*ck right winger business major screaming at people about how "we" all treated "Emperor Obama" as the Chosen One.

To be fair, he did pass the test of the gom-jabbar.

Cotton said Greenland’s mineral reserves and its strategic location make it an ideal strategy move for the U.S., noting that such reasons are why President Harry Truman offered $100 million in the 1940s. Cotton told the Red & Blue crowd that Greenland’s “economic potential is untold,” and the island is “vital to our national security.”

“Anyone who can’t see that is blinded by Trump derangement,” he said.

Trump derangement? really?

Depressingly not satire:
The U.S. ambassador to Denmark starred in a movie mocked by MST3K

Well, per a simple investigation published today, Sands is none other than a climate change-denying, conspiracy theory-retweeting ex-actress whose credits include a handful of The Bold and the Beautiful episodes, as well as Death Stalker And The Warriors From Hell, a film so bad it was lampooned in a seventh-season episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

So the movie was bad, but not even entertainingly bad enough to make MST3K before season 7.

Hey! She played dual roles as both her AND her evil clone.

Poorly, so very poorly.

But still, dual roles.

The Justice Department Sent Immigration Judges A White Nationalist Blog Post With Anti-Semitic Attacks

According to the National Association of Immigration Judges, the Justice Department’s Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) sent court employees a link to a blog post from VDare, a white nationalist website, in its morning news briefing earlier this week that included anti-Semitic attacks on judges.

UMC disputes Trump claim that doctors left operating room to see him because of 'love' for president

KVIA wrote:

The University Medical Center of El Paso on Thursday officially disputed a claim made by President Trump that doctors left the operating room in order to see him during his recent visit to the hospital.

UMC spokesman Ryan Mielke told ABC-7 that the president's account of his visit in that regard simply wasn't accurate.

"At no time did, or would, physicians or staff leave active operating rooms during the presidential visit. Our priority is always patient care," he said in an email to ABC-7.

Trump made the contention on Wednesday, when he told reporters that doctors in both El Paso and Dayton came out of the operating room to see him and that "the love for me — maybe as representative of the country — but for me, and my love for them, was unparalleled."

It's not even noon and Trump's called the Chair of the Federal Reserve an "enemy," "hereby" ordered American companies to "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," and ordered FedEx, UPS, Amazon, and the USPS to search shipments from China to find fentanyl.

Trade wars are so easy to win...

America is great. Our president has a magic device he keeps in his pocket and whenever he wants something all he has to do is type a few words into it and it automatically comes true. Remarkable!

OG_slinger wrote:

It's not even noon and Trump's called the Chair of the Federal Reserve an "enemy," "hereby" ordered American companies to "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," and ordered FedEx, UPS, Amazon, and the USPS to search shipments from China to find fentanyl.

Trade wars are so easy to win...

I can't wait to see his "official response" this afternoon... That's going to be a sh*t show...

OG_slinger wrote:

It's not even noon and Trump's called the Chair of the Federal Reserve an "enemy," "hereby" ordered American companies to "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," and ordered FedEx, UPS, Amazon, and the USPS to search shipments from China to find fentanyl.

Trade wars are so easy to win...

Ordered... corp...or...ations...

So can we now say that the Republican party is in favor of government control of all corporations?

African American employee's office vandalized inside Education Department

NBC News wrote:

The office of an African American employee of the U.S. Department of Education was vandalized earlier this week, and other employees have expressed concern that the attack may have been racially motivated. African art figurines were found beheaded, with their limbs removed, and a school desegregation poster was damaged, according to Education Department employees and a congressional aide.

The incident happened at the department’s Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, the employees and the aide told NBC News. The department said the employee had been out of the office for several days and reported the incident on Tuesday afternoon.

The poster, which was pulled off the wall and damaged, was believed to depict Ruby Bridges, an African American schoolgirl who became an icon of the civil rights movement, sources told NBC News. Some of the employee’s co-workers are now looking for copies of the poster to put up in their own offices to show solidarity, they added.

The office belongs to an African American woman who was recently designated as a “diversity change agent” within the Education Department to provide diversity and inclusion training to department staffers, the sources said.

OG_slinger wrote:

African American employee's office vandalized inside Education Department

NBC News wrote:

The office of an African American employee of the U.S. Department of Education was vandalized earlier this week, and other employees have expressed concern that the attack may have been racially motivated. African art figurines were found beheaded, with their limbs removed, and a school desegregation poster was damaged, according to Education Department employees and a congressional aide.

The incident happened at the department’s Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, the employees and the aide told NBC News. The department said the employee had been out of the office for several days and reported the incident on Tuesday afternoon.

The poster, which was pulled off the wall and damaged, was believed to depict Ruby Bridges, an African American schoolgirl who became an icon of the civil rights movement, sources told NBC News. Some of the employee’s co-workers are now looking for copies of the poster to put up in their own offices to show solidarity, they added.

The office belongs to an African American woman who was recently designated as a “diversity change agent” within the Education Department to provide diversity and inclusion training to department staffers, the sources said.

‘...May have been racially motivated?!’Call it what it is. Jesus. This f*cking reporting is exactly what’s wrong. Call this out. It’s quite clear that the foxes run the henhouse and the more delinquents that Trumpolini can stir up, the less the focus is directly on him.

America is great. Our president has a magic device he keeps in his pocket and whenever he wants something all he has to do is type a few words into it and it automatically comes true. Remarkable!

Lets hope he types "Trump loses re-election and goes straight to jail"

Nuke ALL the hurricanes
Hey, he got a point. If we are able to do it, we have an obligation to do it. For science!

Shadout wrote:

Nuke ALL the hurricanes
Hey, he got a point. If we are able to do it, we have an obligation to do it. For science!

Every time I think he cannot possibly get any more dumb...

JC wrote:
Shadout wrote:

Nuke ALL the hurricanes
Hey, he got a point. If we are able to do it, we have an obligation to do it. For science!

Every time I think he cannot possibly get any more dumb...

Oh, I’m sure it will come out that it was ‘sarcasm.’

BlackSheep wrote:
JC wrote:
Shadout wrote:

Nuke ALL the hurricanes
Hey, he got a point. If we are able to do it, we have an obligation to do it. For science!

Every time I think he cannot possibly get any more dumb...

Oh, I’m sure it will come out that it was ‘sarcasm.’

White House staff: He wasn't talking about nuking hurricanes- he was talking about nuking Tornados. Clearly he was hungry.
IMAGE(https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71J4R0wZ2HL._SX522_.jpg)

Trump (the next day): I said hurricanes and I meant it. You know those things where they hold them upside down when they hand them to you and the spoon stays in.

Reporter: I think those are Blizzards, Mr. President.

Trump: Well if we still have Blizzards, there can't be global warming. *walks smugly 4 or 5 steps away from the camera before forgetting where he was headed*

CNN anchor: Tonight we have a panel of experts to answer the question "Do Blizzards from Dairy Queen disprove climate change?"

Panel Member #1: Look, we've clearly have a delusional president that thinks that causing radioactive explosions in the ocean will somehow destroy a weather pattern, and have no other harmful effects.

Panel Member #2: You're off topic! We're talking about Dairy Queen and I heard that Obama once ordered a Peanut Buster Parfait with no peanuts! And I want to know why nobody's talking about that!!!

That's pretty much exactly how that will go down Tscott.

Guess who couldn't be bothered to show up for a climate discussion at the G7....

This picture beautifully sums up the entire situation with Trump regardless of the discussion/event

IMAGE(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--IIExB6FL--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/ukgzlwncwzsybrizspol.jpg)